Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Testekill posted:

Archer says that everybody dies but Matt Hardy frequently said that he will not die. Which is it? Not much point of everyone dying if there's an immortal Matt Hardy

something something unstoppable force immovable object something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Meadowhill posted:

So is Cody gonna heel it up against Brodie Lee? The story feels a bit muddled here

Rarity posted:

Cody was never not a face

Cody was more of a heel than Scorpio Sky, but is going to be less of heel than Mr. Brodie Lee of #JoinDarkOrder. If Mr. Brodie does not win the belt after Cody spent weeks and weeks on TV getting put through the wringer, whoever challenges him after his match with Mr. Brodie Lee will be (maybe Colt Cabana if they want to keep the Cult Cabana moves relevant)

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
On the last Dark Tully was announced as "Four Horsemen Member", I like how much they are teasing FTR/Spears/???? horsemen.

Then they can swerve me and the horsemen will actually be Omega/Page/Bucks fighting Cody.

There are actually so many little stables and stories going on at the moment, it's good storytelling. I want to see more Team Taz and his Body Guys.

It does feel like they have too many people at the moment for just Dynamite, they've got 59 men alone on their roster (website). Some of their bigger talent is having matches on dark now, but it feels like you could run dark as a full show without the jobbers/tryouts and not be short.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

This next Saturday show should be a good indicator on how the second show will do.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Spears was supposed to look menacing when he walked out for that segment but watching it back he just looks confused and lost.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Spears was supposed to look menacing when he walked out for that segment but watching it back he just looks confused and lost.

Confused and lost makes sense though? Tully just went off on everyone in that segment unprovoked.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Tully was shooting

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Nipponophile posted:

I'm way more forgiving of JR than most people here, but this is one thing he does that just gets on my last nerve. He's got a handful of "jokes" that, despite getting no reaction, he feels obligated to repeat EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. a wrestler is on screen. The Dick Grayson thing is one. Though I didn't hear it tonight, for the longest time, every time Orange Cassidy would show up, he'd say something about "I bet he has the bottoms cut out of his pockets"... Just over and over again.

I don't think they're jokes. I think they're pretty obviously mnemonic devices he uses to remember people's names because he's fuckin old, guys.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jericho looked lethargic and slow last night. Almost as if his body was tired from something. Can't quite figure out what it could be though :thunk:

Oh well I'm sure it's fine.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

From the August Jacksonville heat

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I think it was 90 something with nearly 100% humidity in Jacksonville. I think a lot of performances were hindered by it.

Kind wishing Trillionaire Tony would buy a dome for the arena.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Shawn Spears is going to turn face when he assumes he's on the new Four Horsemen and Tully calls him a huge loser or whatever.

FTR looks like a solid pick, plus maybe a conflicted Adam Page? For the fourth guy I have no clue.

I also love that Dark Order has noticeably gotten more competitive since Brodie Lee showed up. And Evil Uno is looking downright svelte lately.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
For the new four horsemen you gotta get Uno in a cowboy hat

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I just thought about Hangman's face when Kenny said the Young Bucks were the best tag team... :allears:

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Pinwiz11 posted:

I just thought about Hangman's face when Kenny said the Young Bucks were the best tag team... :allears:

It's very rare that you can pull off something that's completely hilarious AND advances a very serious story, but dammit they did it.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I think it was 90 something with nearly 100% humidity in Jacksonville. I think a lot of performances were hindered by it.

Kind wishing Trillionaire Tony would buy a dome for the arena.

Judging my Sammy's vlogs there's a big indoor (I'm assuming air conditioned) football training field in the facility. I wonder if they might end up in there for hurricane season.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

blunt posted:

Judging my Sammy's vlogs there's a big indoor (I'm assuming air conditioned) football training field in the facility. I wonder if they might end up in there for hurricane season.

Maybe they should park Jericho in there for 15 minutes or so before he wrestles. It also seemed like his knees were bothering him, which they kinda worked around by having OC target them during the match.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Dango Bango posted:

Confused and lost makes sense though? Tully just went off on everyone in that segment unprovoked.

I think it was a set up to cause a scene and give FTR the opportunity to jump the RnR Express.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

dodgeblan posted:

what the gently caress was going on with those dragon screws

Jericho said after the Tanahashi match that dragon screws messed up his knee, so he just decided not to take them this time I guess.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

enigmahfc posted:

But...:.but, everybody dies.....

I read it on Jake’s back.

Lance Archer is part of everybody

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I think it was a set up to cause a scene and give FTR the opportunity to jump the RnR Express.

yeah, the pieces are moving for sure

now it just comes down to who the actual 4th is

the way Tully went at Arn last night makes me think he's getting boxed out, unless they're just putting on a show to screw Cody, because AA was there for FTR's contract signing....

if MJF goes over Moxley in real "dirtiest player in the game" fashion and we get the big reveal at that point, that'd be a hell of a Thing

if it's Cody... whew.

also

omg hangman's shirt is so cute :kimchi:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Aphrodite posted:

Jericho said after the Tanahashi match that dragon screws messed up his knee, so he just decided not to take them this time I guess.

Someone on Reddit found a clip of 2004 Raven doing sort of the same dragon screw bump, which I thought was interesting.

https://streamable.com/6aigvs

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I kinda thought Spears was supposed to come out because he realized things were getting heated and knew Tully was going to get punched, but everyone looked kinda off in that show.

Man I wish Excalibur was back.

smarxist posted:

the way Tully went at Arn last night makes me think he's getting boxed out, unless they're just putting on a show to screw Cody, because AA was there for FTR's contract signing....
They boxed him out at the signing. Alcoholism has been used as something of a device within the story, and AA was like "no thanks" to a drink.

Of course performers drinking got him fired from WWE so there's kind of a novel little wrinkle there.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Spiderdrake posted:

I kinda thought Spears was supposed to come out because he realized things were getting heated and knew Tully was going to get punched, but everyone looked kinda off in that show.

Man I wish Excalibur was back.
They boxed him out at the signing. Alcoholism has been used as something of a device within the story, and AA was like "no thanks" to a drink.

Of course performers drinking got him fired from WWE so there's kind of a novel little wrinkle there.

also having AA turn at that point is probably a bit too much wad blowing at one time, so it makes me think you can X Cody as the 4th horse man, which imo really only leaves MJF because there isn't anyone else in the company with the chops

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The thing that confused about me about the dragon screws wasn't that he didn't know/was too tired to know how to take them, it's that it was plainly apparent after the first so they immediately did another one, and then they decided to do more after that.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Guys thats actually a Dragon Screw variant. Dean Malenko used to do it, as did Minoru Tanaka.Its even in a couple Fire Pro games. They probably agreed on it because of Jericho's general condition.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Aug 13, 2020

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

inthesto posted:

I had to look up a correctly executed mousetrap and then the finish of OC/Jericho again, and I think Jericho was just so tired he straight up fell in the wrong direction

OC deserves credit for still making it look like a plausible pin

I'm assuming this is another Beeboo Crawshanks situation where OC told him that the Mousetrap was a rollup but didn't specify that it was a front roll thing, so Jericho went backwards because that's how a rollup usually works and they had to manage.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

sounds like jericho has strode past the demarker separating "functional alcoholic" from "liability"

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

A Fancy Hat posted:

Shawn Spears is going to turn face when he assumes he's on the new Four Horsemen and Tully calls him a huge loser or whatever.

FTR looks like a solid pick, plus maybe a conflicted Adam Page? For the fourth guy I have no clue.

I'd say bring in Pillman Jr. That way you have a tag, a big match guy, and a junior.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Testekill posted:

Archer says that everybody dies but Matt Hardy frequently said that he will not die. Which is it? Not much point of everyone dying if there's an immortal Matt Hardy

https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/1293273078793940998

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

the dialectic unfolding before our eyes, WONDERFUUUULLLL MMMYEEEEESSS

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

smarxist posted:

the dialectic unfolding before our eyes, WONDERFUUUULLLL MMMYEEEEESSS

:hmmyes:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1293933256090492928

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

A Fancy Hat posted:

I also love that Dark Order has noticeably gotten more competitive since Brodie Lee showed up. And Evil Uno is looking downright svelte lately.

i always thought it would be FTR, Hangman, and Cody. Cody fits the egomanic Ric Flair role really well, nice subversion of his father too. Spears is definitely the chump that gets turned on by Tully and beaten up when they form

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/jessithebuckeye/status/1293731186368487429

https://twitter.com/jessithebuckeye/status/1293735512507899904

https://twitter.com/jessithebuckeye/status/1293743629501161472

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

love Smart Mark Sterling.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
AEW Discussion sees wieners hanging out

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Shinjobi posted:

AEW Discussion sees wieners hanging out

JRExcaliburHogs.jpg

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Mask Patrol sound like a bad 80's boob comedy movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Spiderdrake posted:

Also Arn Anderson's own alcoholism was used as a point of mockery on TNT by a certain giant killer way back when.