Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/kennethlogins/status/1211319700644409344?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
aw, fuk

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

That's not grime tho

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ors't??

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

I think I still have every track from Gran Turismo 2 permanently burnt into my brain. Those endurance races were brutal

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

That's not grime tho
i think it is but then again i don’t think much of grime due to brit antipathy

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
grimepunk

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

the bass line and heavy sampling makes it more UK Garage than UK Grime imo

garage never got its due recognition. if you owned a bandpass box in the late 90’s/early 2000’s, garage was king

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

garage is just weaksauce d&b *runs for cover*

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

undermine is fun

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

qirex posted:

good lord

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9K23uzHjus

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

did I hear somebody talking poo poo about burnout paradise? cause it's great

except that the competitor cars respawn right behind you and don't even approach obeying the physics that control your car, that part kinda sucks

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Achmed Jones posted:

did I hear somebody talking poo poo about burnout paradise? cause it's great

except that the competitor cars respawn right behind you and don't even approach obeying the physics that control your car, that part kinda sucks
That's what made Flat-out 2 (and the Ultimate Carnage remake) the better game. BO:P wins on sheer speed and having traffic, but FO2/FO2:UC wins on having no rubber-banding, the AI haphazardly wrestling with the same physics you are, and the insane amount of environmental destructibility.

Burnout Paradise was still great though, just a shame the recent remake didn't up the traffic count, the streets are way too empty.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
Paradise felt like a major step backwards from the other burnout games. It was OK but not great, though maybe i had just had enough of the idea by that point

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
The step backwards was neutering the tracks and danger from traffic and making the only real challenge the rubber banding. The idea's still great, they just need to make it hard again.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
oof, i wish there was more to do in subnautica, really enjoyed it but it seems short. maybe the new thing they're doing will have better longevity :/

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

psiox posted:

oof, i wish there was more to do in subnautica, really enjoyed it but it seems short. maybe the new thing they're doing will have better longevity :/

Play outer wilds if you haven't but definitely go in as absolutely blind as possible.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
oh yeah, I played that about a month ago for the first time and was floored, really hoping i forget enough to play it again in a few years!

really been mainlining the james lately, oof

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i am terrible at fighting in satisfactory and it takes so long to get to the quartz and then I die so gotta spend times getting back there and then what? i still won’t be able to kill those animals

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
satisfactory looks like some kind of factorio/subnautica hybrid; feeling kinda tempted

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

qirex posted:

garage is actually b&d

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

qirex posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4_KD9UhdCE&feature=youtu.be&t=1403

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

psiox posted:

satisfactory looks like some kind of factorio/subnautica hybrid; feeling kinda tempted

watch a review. I think it's loving fantastic, but it is very much a case of "the factory is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding factory".

it's very well executed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0HVKGISM_Y

I read shaggar earlier in this thread mention it, I watched that review, and insta-purchased.

also this makes me want to play more of subnautica because of the comparisons people make too.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

anyone tried the co-op?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

psiox posted:

??? I think I put like 60 hours into subnautica

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

echinopsis posted:

i am terrible at fighting in satisfactory and it takes so long to get to the quartz and then I die so gotta spend times getting back there and then what? i still won’t be able to kill those animals

satisfactory is great. pro tip rather than do this just quicksave before gettinng in a tussle and reload if you beef it.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
satisfactory is real good. if you liked factorio you'd probably like it. Its similar to subnautica in some of the resource gathering and crafting aspects, but it doesnt have the same drive for exploration that subnautica does (yet). you need to explore to find more resources, but there isnt really a story at this point in development.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

satisfactory is great. pro tip rather than do this just quicksave before gettinng in a tussle and reload if you beef it.

genius!!!

honestly I wish there was no conflict

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

??? I think I put like 60 hours into subnautica

there’s a ton of side loops you can get onto but if you only want to get off the planet and build the minimum gear to facilitate that it’s pretty fast

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

tangledeep is really fun so far. dunno if it has enough depth to stay interesting but I like it

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
y'all've sold me, i will now be spending the evening playing satisfactory- so far it does indeed feel like factorio with subnautica mechanics

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I look forward to hearing more

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Set up something really slow then go off and search for crashes/hard drives. You can't really mess up much in the game but building something then unlocking a recipe to make an equivalent build but 50% better will lead to regret/burnout.

Also don't feel bad looking up hard drive locations/requirements on a map.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
wow first ever quote not edit

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Breakfast All Day posted:

anyone tried the co-op?
Satisfactory (and Factorio) coop is nice as some players prefer some parts of the game to others (like combat, exploring, getting new resources, building up the automation, or making things more aesthetically pleasing)

Plus it's nice when you have enough players that certain "player convenience" things become much more justifiable to spend time making

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i played dark souls 1 for the first time this summer, finished it, loved it, started dark souls 2, and i’ve started and finished two more playthroughs of dark souls 1 while my ds2 guy sits around. it is not as good, imo

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Weedle posted:

i played dark souls 1 for the first time this summer, finished it, loved it, started dark souls 2, and i’ve started and finished two more playthroughs of dark souls 1 while my ds2 guy sits around. it is not as good, imo

have you played bloodborne cause if not youre in for the best one imo

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Bored Online posted:

have you played bloodborne cause if not youre in for the best one imo

i don’t have a ps4 (yet). i played a couple of yakuza games on pc earlier this year and thought they absolutely ruled so i was already thinking about getting one to play the rest of those, but now i’m definitely getting one for bloodborne, sekiro, ds3, and elden ring. bloodborne’s setting and theme sounds like the perfect complement to dark souls’ gameplay and level design so i expect it to be utterly captivating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Erica is a good interactive CYOA if you're into those. no combat, only a couple hours long