Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
I work for a place that thinks its cool to just decide your working 12 hour shifts and give you less than a days notice of that change. And then they work you 80 hours in one week and 72 the next with only one day off. I overslept Friday and just called off because I was exhausted and had a huge headache, go back in today at 7 and nobody is there.. Management obviously didn't tell me that they changed it to an 8 hour shift, so now I just missed out on much needed sleep for no reason.

Small thing compared to other people's issues, but I'm sick of feeling like nobody respects me and that I'm expendable if I don't go along with all of their bullshit no questions asked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

I'm now living in a former grow room after being made homeless. The floor is rotted. I have to drive ten miles get cell service. I'm at... My initial unemployment claim was third week of March. I have yet to get a dime.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

winterwerefox posted:

I'm now living in a former grow room after being made homeless. The floor is rotted. I have to drive ten miles get cell service. I'm at... My initial unemployment claim was third week of March. I have yet to get a dime.

There's a goonfund thread, might be able to help you out at least a bit.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Thanks. For the moment. I have food and gas money. Right now I'm parked outside of the library trying to get through to unemployment office,and leeching their wifi. State was good on getting snap benefits at least

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
As if stuff I'm not comfortable complaining about (since everyone else is in this poo poo too, I figure) isn't enough, my fitbit has decided not to connect/pair with my computer anymore. I partially know the issue (I'm not sure on the technicals but it actively does not like other Bluetooth items around (hahaha yes in 2020 I'm even capable of disabling everything else I've got).

At least I could just ignore all the Fitbitty stuff and just use it as a watch, right? Well, yeah... if the starting incident to all this is that my Fitbit no longer sees fit to show me the right time, anymore, and you can't just tell it that it's two hours off.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The new hires at work now make 18 dollars an hour.

This isn't a bad thing necessarily, of course. New hires have been needing a raise for a long time now. It's more that I've been working here for almost two decades and with all my raises I now make a couple bucks more than fresh meat, and I don't think there will be any accompanying wage increase for people who have endured the bullshit for years. Already a few people have quit because they were making as much as a grabbed off the street hire now and I don't blame them one bit. It really is defeating feeling to see years of pay raises essentially made irrelevant.

The least they could do if they're going to do this is eliminate the full time progression model and bump everyone like me who have been stuck at near part time wages for an arbitrary amount of years depending on the contract (for people who went full time around my time it's 4 years) up to the regular full time rate but lol that they'd do something like that

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 06:35 on Aug 5, 2020

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
i don't even know why my day is lovely today i'm just having massive panic attacks and randomly began to weep while driving home from work this afternoon??? what the gently caress is wrong with me. i'm just, like, stupid and i'm not even funny to make up for it. having a really rough time for no specific reason

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I don't think my boss likes me very much and I'm fairly certain I don't have much of a future with my current place.

Thing is, I don't have a degree and my brain is very bad.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

InediblePenguin posted:

i don't even know why my day is lovely today i'm just having massive panic attacks and randomly began to weep while driving home from work this afternoon??? what the gently caress is wrong with me. i'm just, like, stupid and i'm not even funny to make up for it. having a really rough time for no specific reason

This happens. Don't ever blame yourself for odd body behaviour. At least for me, sometimes, even at the best of times, things get weird and I feel all weepy and feeling down and stupid without a real cause, even up to some mild anxiety (although not full-blown panic attacks, thanks God). Nowadays I just ride it out, chalk it out to "ok body/hormone levels acting up today, nbd it'll pass and I'll feel good again".

Try not to think too hard about it, maybe take it easy today/tomorrow if you can, cry if you need to (no use bottling poo poo up), maybe watch a good movie or relax, and don't beat yourself up thinking of a cause/what's wrong, because sometimes bodies just do odd poo poo. It's nothing terrible or unusual and you are not stupid or dumb, so keep up and you'll feel better soon!

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
This one starts lovely but ends up a bit less so.

I've got really really lovely stomach problems that flare up occasionally. I won't be able to swallow solid food at all, and won't be able to even keep down water for more than a half hour. These flareups can last anywhere from a day or two all the way up to 17 days for the longest (thankfully that one I was able to keep water down once every few days.)

This has been going on for about 15 years. I have not had any form of insurance for most of this time, and I literally can't count how many times I've had to go to the ER to get a small handful of Zofran and a huge bill. I have no idea how much money I'm on the hook for.

Welp, it started up again the other day and I've been spending about 16ish hours a day just laying down and rolling over to puke or dry heave.

Today I had a few minutes where I felt good enough to book it to the ER and it turns out, I've got Medicaid! And it hasn't expired or whatever! The staff at this new hospital (I'm living in a new town) was incredibly helpful, didn't treat me like poo poo, and even put me on fluids (this has never once happened before in the other states I've lived in, I've at most got a quick shot of IV Zofran).

I still feel like I got hit by a bus, and it will probably take a while before I can see a gastroenterologist to actually figure out what the actual problem is, but at least the ER people are happy to help me with flareups until that happens :unsmith:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 21:47 on Aug 6, 2020

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Malachite_Dragon posted:

A friend sent me a package like three weeks ago and the tracking number hasn't updated for 3 days now. It was in Dallas four days before that.

It does not take a week to get from Dallas to my city. Its an hour drive, tops.

Good news, the tracker updated!

it was in Dallas. the voyage was over. there was no need for this.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Jiru posted:

This happens. Don't ever blame yourself for odd body behaviour. At least for me, sometimes, even at the best of times, things get weird and I feel all weepy and feeling down and stupid without a real cause, even up to some mild anxiety (although not full-blown panic attacks, thanks God). Nowadays I just ride it out, chalk it out to "ok body/hormone levels acting up today, nbd it'll pass and I'll feel good again".

Try not to think too hard about it, maybe take it easy today/tomorrow if you can, cry if you need to (no use bottling poo poo up), maybe watch a good movie or relax, and don't beat yourself up thinking of a cause/what's wrong, because sometimes bodies just do odd poo poo. It's nothing terrible or unusual and you are not stupid or dumb, so keep up and you'll feel better soon!

thank you. it was still happening today & i ended up having a weird breakdown where my brain just..... stopped, idk, like i couldn't remember the produce code i was supposed to key in and my body decided the appropriate response was to completely lock up and start hyperventilating and crying at the loving register while trying to ring someone up. i was very lucky in that the customer was more concerned about me as a human being who was clearly suffering some kind of problem than he was annoyed that i was disrupting and delaying his retail transaction and i guess i was also lucky that i didn't get, like, in trouble (my management at this job is fortunately good enough that i would not have actually gotten in trouble if they'd seen me, they, too, would have been concerned, and that's a very nice change for me). but i hope this loving stops soon.

i have tomorrow off and hopefully a day of rest will help. thank you again for your kind and reassuring words

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Yay for more freaky visual hallucinations last night. Couldn't sleep for hours because of fear. Now it's my birthday and I'm about to go stand on an assembly line for at least 8 hours.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

Astrofig posted:

Yay for more freaky visual hallucinations last night. Couldn't sleep for hours because of fear. Now it's my birthday and I'm about to go stand on an assembly line for at least 8 hours.

Happy Birthday, goon birthday buddy. I also have a fun day full of sitting at the DMV to get my car registered. Awesome birthday.
All my friends are out of town, or working. Even my best friend who had plans to fly down and have a nice weekend with me has gotten sick and cant come. 2020 is the weakest.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

One of my ex girlfriends passed away a day or so ago. We only saw each other a few times a year recently, but we stayed close (we dated on and off and on and off for years). None of my friends know much more than that because her parents aren't really saying anything, and I'm not on speaking terms with her fiance.

She's the second friend of mine to pass away in as many months.

Giganticon
Mar 10, 2010

Pillbug
I keep finding myself trying to sabotage some new friendships I am excited about, because I am so intimidated by how much I admire these people. They are way too good for me. I liked it when I saw them once a year and they were excited to see me. They added me to a group DM, we talk every day, and hang out every few weeks now. My paranoia is lying to me about them being tired of me. The polite thing to do is drop out so they don't have to feel sheepish or guilty rejecting me, I tell myself. Think of an excuse to pre-reject yourself, you are hurting your friends by being with them. Familiarity breeds contempt - get out with a little dignity.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Put my foot through the floor rot in that room. So many termites.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

*gesticulates wildly at everything, everywhere - like holy poo poo how is absolutely everything so devastatingly awful - before collapsing in a heap*

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

This was actually a week and a half ago, but I'd been back and forth if I wanted to post this or not. In the end though, I just need a place to vent.

I cut ties with a former very close friend of mine. Like 'considered him family' close. We used to be almost inseparable, but I moved away to the city, we started to loose contact, as things happen.

Over the last four years I watched him transform from a full on Bernie supporter in 2016 to being full on the Trump train. I attribute this mostly to the fact that his Ur-Boomer father became a bigger presence in his life, which introduced him to a hyper-conservative church, who I'm sure you can guess their politics.

I could only look the other way for so long, and the final straw came when I (politely) explained to someone else on social media the importance of wearing a mask, and the dangers of political bias in matters of public health. My friend joins the conversation, going into a massive rant about how masks are just a tool of condescending political media bias, how Trump's doctors are being persecuted for their faith, Dr. Fauci stands to make millions off a Corona Virus vaccine, recommending some crazy right wing search engine I'd never heard of as an alternative to google, how BIG VACCINE are being sued for negligence, 'STOP BEING SHEEP', in all caps, all the boomer poo poo you'd expect.

I should mention at this point I'm immunocompromised, so the last few months have been especially scary, considering how big the anti-mask crowd is in the US, how the numbers just keep going up, there's no end in sight, etc. I just couldn't take someone who couldn't do something as simple, wear a mask when he goes to the grocery store and maybe not go out to eat for a few months, even if it meant people like me wouldn't be in harms way.

It felt cruel, it felt heartless, but mostly it just hurt because I knew my friend had just been propagandized to the point where I knew there was no point in engaging with him anymore. Anything I tried to say would have been dismissed.

I just deleted all my social media accounts right there, and honestly, life without them has been better. I am lucky in that I do still have a large network of friends that still care about me and take the virus seriously, but it's disheartening to have it hammered home how many people not only don't care, but are defiant of any kind of public health statement.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

MisterBibs posted:

As if stuff I'm not comfortable complaining about (since everyone else is in this poo poo too, I figure) isn't enough, my fitbit has decided not to connect/pair with my computer anymore. I partially know the issue (I'm not sure on the technicals but it actively does not like other Bluetooth items around (hahaha yes in 2020 I'm even capable of disabling everything else I've got).

At least I could just ignore all the Fitbitty stuff and just use it as a watch, right? Well, yeah... if the starting incident to all this is that my Fitbit no longer sees fit to show me the right time, anymore, and you can't just tell it that it's two hours off.

Addendum to this, it seems these two things were Stage One in an elaborate, complicated two step plan: Stage One was all of that, Stage Two was just complete non-functioning. I just managed to reset it so that would at least be a watch before my new one comes (not a Fitbit; I figure the data continuity wasn't worth getting something different), and evidently the entire time it's been frozen it wasn't even charging on my charging doo-dad.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I should mention at this point I'm immunocompromised, so the last few months have been especially scary, considering how big the anti-mask crowd is in the US, how the numbers just keep going up, there's no end in sight, etc. I just couldn't take someone who couldn't do something as simple, wear a mask when he goes to the grocery store and maybe not go out to eat for a few months, even if it meant people like me wouldn't be in harms way.

I hear this part. My wife is in a high risk group and there have been far too many people who genuinely have (and express) the opinion that the old and sick may just need to die. I haven't had to cut friends off like you did, but I definitely have told off acquaintances and burned some bridges when they imply my wife should hurry up and die so they can go to Chili's again.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

My cat shat on the floor and my roomba spread it all over the flat.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Another driver sideswiped me yesterday on the highway. That's what insurance is for, I'm fine and it wasn't enough of an impact to cause any serious injuries. But he panicked, floored it to get ahead of me, and ended up in a really bad crash. His passenger didn't make it. And now people are being exactly the kind of assholes you expect from local news comments with no respect for the completely innocent person who died. I'm not angry about the accident, people do stupid things when they panic. I just wish people would have some respect for the deceased passenger.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm tired. I want to go to sleep, but it feels like my brain is translating every "hey you're tired" impulse as "this is something to pay attention to! alert!"

It's hard to articulate. I'm so tired I can't get to sleep. :smith:

Camo Guitar
Jul 15, 2009
'Can you list all the things you do here and the time it takes you, in email by 3pm Wednesday please.'

I can't imagine this is leading up to anything good when only some of the team I work in got this email..

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Camo Guitar posted:

'Can you list all the things you do here and the time it takes you, in email by 3pm Wednesday please.'

I can't imagine this is leading up to anything good when only some of the team I work in got this email..

That's loving horrific management. Your manager (if they were competent) would have that info on hand. Good luck with whatever is coming :/

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just copy/paste that breakdown of what a CEO does everyday and send them that.

edit:
Wait, you might get fired for taking an hour lunch....nm

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

sephiRoth IRA posted:

That's loving horrific management. Your manager (if they were competent) would have that info on hand. Good luck with whatever is coming :/

My boss is proud that he doesn't know what goes on in our team's day-to-day because he likes to be hands-off.
...which means that if I have an issue, he's not really equipped to deal with it.

I really don't want to work anymore.
I don't have any career path going, no real support where I'm at and no extra time/money to go after certifications or a degree.
My partner makes more than double my salary and is likely to get a significant raise soon.

I'm much more valuable maintaining the house/garden, cooking and looking after our animals.
I'm really good at that stuff but since I'm a dude, most people don't think it is viable or even appropriate. I'm just so very tired of wasting my days in a complete dead end job where, at the end of the day, neither of us have any energy left to keep the house.
She said she'd be more okay with it if we had kids... but we don't want kids and couldn't afford one with just one salary.

Sorry, I needed to vent but I feel stuck and useless.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

Inzombiac posted:

My boss is proud that he doesn't know what goes on in our team's day-to-day because he likes to be hands-off.
...which means that if I have an issue, he's not really equipped to deal with it.

I really don't want to work anymore.
I don't have any career path going, no real support where I'm at and no extra time/money to go after certifications or a degree.
My partner makes more than double my salary and is likely to get a significant raise soon.

I'm much more valuable maintaining the house/garden, cooking and looking after our animals.
I'm really good at that stuff but since I'm a dude, most people don't think it is viable or even appropriate. I'm just so very tired of wasting my days in a complete dead end job where, at the end of the day, neither of us have any energy left to keep the house.
She said she'd be more okay with it if we had kids... but we don't want kids and couldn't afford one with just one salary.

Sorry, I needed to vent but I feel stuck and useless.

Might I suggest venturing into the black market drug trade where you can make money and work from home un-impeded by your wife's claims that you're not making enough money.

Content: Stayed up until 4am talking to my ex gf from 6 months ago on the phone all night. She keeps trying to reason with me about getting back together, and it sucks poo poo to have to tell someone that loves you that it's just impossible and you don't want them. It hurts both sides.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Just got a covid swab. Oh and I'm pretty sure s coworker is going to try and get me fired.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Today I encountered bees. They mostly went for my head. I counted 60+ stings to my scalp before running and screaming to my brother that, "Bees! Get the hose and soak me from head to toe until I tell you to stop!"

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
nvm

Hokkaido Anxiety has a new favorite as of 19:54 on Aug 13, 2020

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My morning got spoiled by an injured bird today - it startled me by flapping against my shoe, I hadn't even noticed it was there. That was hours ago, it clearly has a spinal injury because it's legs aren't doing anything and I can't gauge the severity of it, and the RSPCA won't open for another 40 minutes (the vet can't do anything unless I capture the bird, but I don't want to exacerbate the injury and turn a possible broken vertebrae into an actual spinal cord breakage - the former may be treatable, the latter definitely won't be). All I can do is check it's still ok in 40 minutes and call the RSPCA to get it picked up, even if it has to be put down it's better than letting whatever hit it finish it off (there's no blood, just a kind of dent in it's feathers so it's likely a blunt strike that did it).

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Went to my bank's online portal to pay a couple bills, and my account is VERY low.

Was wondering if I mis-timed a CC payment or something, but nope, just good ol' fashioned check fraud. Not sure how they got the checks, but they're OLD checks, like, ones I thought I used up a long time ago because they are my address from about 2010.

But Scumbag #1 and Scumbag #2 (two different checks with two different names) just decided to fleece me out of ~$1000 between the two of them.

Already called the bank and the police (I expect THAT to go nowhere) so I'll get the money back, but it's a matter of time and meanwhile, I'll likely NOT be able to pay my utility bills on time, though thankfully just being a few days/week late won't incur any penalty, but I hate looking like a "deadbeat".

And naturally, I did some googling on the people who cashed the checks, and nothing really on one of them, but the other...woo-boy, a piece of work. Granted, MAYBE he was just railroaded by our terrible justice system, it's possible, but the list is long and includes pretty much everything you'd expect and some you wouldn't. Burglary, larceny, and sex crimes. One was filming his friends rape an underage girl, and the other was basically kidnapping and rape, though it looks like it was plea'd down to something less "serious", but he is on the sex offender registry.

It has now been over THREE weeks, and I have only gotten 1 of the bad checks refunded to me.

I have called 2x a week since the first case, and the bank keeps closing out the fraud case for the larger check without telling me why*. When I call, the customer service rep opens a new case, but tells me they can't see why the fraud department closed the previous one. I asked to be transferred to the fraud department, but they can't do that, they just send them a message and they'll call me...and they never have.

The most recent call yesterday at least gave me an email to send additional info to, so I did make use of that. I send images of the fraudulent checks along with one of a legit one so they can see the handwriting and signature don't even REMOTELY match.

*With one exception. I was out of town for a few days, and in that time, I got a letter from the bank saying they closed my fraud case (the SECOND one I had to open,) because they tried to reach me and I never responded...but they never tried. No missed calls, no other letters, no emails. Still no explanation why the first or third fraud cases were closed.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My basement wants to flood at any opportunity.
My roommate left a hose running and the small trickle from the spigot (the hose end was on the other side of the yard) caused a puddle to form in my laundry room.

I love this old house but it's OLD and full of mystery.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I saw a copycat recipe for Pace picante sauce today.

It ruined my day knowing that someone out there wanted to go through the trouble of making their own salsa but deliberately made it like Pace.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Yesterday my husband told me that for the past year he’s been feeling a strong urge to have kids. However, before we even got married and several times after we both talked about it and agreed that we definitely didn't want kids. He asked me if i would reconsider and i told him that sorry, my feelings hadn’t changed but i was glad he came and talked to me about it. I don’t dislike kids or anything but I don’t want any of my own and know that I would not be a good parent. So then he was like “don’t worry, we’ll take things one day at a time” like gently caress, now I’m worried! I guess it all comes down to how much he wants kids and and if he’s willing to not have them but this childish, selfish part of me is like WTF YOU SAID YOU DIDN'T WANT ANY!! I know feelings change over time but ugh, now I’m sad.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

HOLY gently caress posted:

Yesterday my husband told me that for the past year he’s been feeling a strong urge to have kids. However, before we even got married and several times after we both talked about it and agreed that we definitely didn't want kids. He asked me if i would reconsider and i told him that sorry, my feelings hadn’t changed but i was glad he came and talked to me about it. I don’t dislike kids or anything but I don’t want any of my own and know that I would not be a good parent. So then he was like “don’t worry, we’ll take things one day at a time” like gently caress, now I’m worried! I guess it all comes down to how much he wants kids and and if he’s willing to not have them but this childish, selfish part of me is like WTF YOU SAID YOU DIDN'T WANT ANY!! I know feelings change over time but ugh, now I’m sad.

My friend and his ex were both on the same page, no kids, ever, until her sister had one. Because it was the first grandbaby in the family, all attention went to them, and his ex got very very jealous. She had always had some competitive streak with her sister, so she told my friend she wanted to have a baby within the next few years. He, and I love the dude but he is a manchild, promptly and rightly refused because he'd be a bad parent. She said fine, then back and forth arguing where she demanded a list from him, things she would do so they could have a kid. And he actually made a loving wish list, including sexual acts, and how many times a week he wanted them. She freaked out when presented with the actual list.

She ended up cheating on him with a joint friend (married with kids) and they finally got divorced.

For me, gently caress, it's the same poo poo I've been dealing with anxiety wise for a few weeks: I've not wanting to talk to my friend, and we run an rpg every night, but for some reason all I want to do in my downtime is reread poo poo from 10-15 years ago, when life was easier and simpler and I worked at a poo poo zoo for like $9 an hour. I'm still fine with everything else, it's just I don't want to talk to her, or run this play we've been doing for ages, so I keep putting it off or telling her I'm not feeling well (which isn't precisely a lie, we are in a heatwave where the night low is 90 and days average 115 or so. it was 90 in my house yesterday with the ac on max). We went a week without talking because there was some WoW thing she had for seven days, and with her new job, it was a good release, and for those seven days I was loving so happy I didn't have to speak to her. I don't get why.

edit: One of our foster cats has super bad IBS to the point she shits in my bathtub or bathroom floor horrible runny stools. She refuses any prescription food, throws up regular cat food, but human food? Pizza, ice cream, anything she can steal, she can mostly keep down. The vet doesn't have any results for us and it's been almost two weeks. I seriously think she has a tumor or some kind of cancer because she is not keeping food down.

edit: okay the pepper contest has me wondering: is it speed based or just how many hot ones you can eat?

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 13:50 on Aug 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I won a chili pepper eating contest yesterday, so naturally today has been kind of lovely, both literally and metaphorically. :v: Didn't sleep a wink last night, been alternating between almost vomiting and definitely making GBS threads my guts out; meanwhile, my stomach feels like a wet towel being wrung out vigorously.

Still, eating ice cream and drinking yogurt seems to be helping quite a bit. Have barely left the bathroom or bedroom otherwise.