Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Pakled posted:

In a typical television animation production schedule, the voice acting is one of the first things to get done, and the actual animation part takes months. There's a strong chance the voices for the next batch of episodes were done before covid lockdowns started.

Also, even before covid, it was pretty common for voice actors to have a passable home studio, now it's probably near-universal.

https://twitter.com/FrankAngones/status/1259558148567789569?s=20

It sounds like voice acting was being done from home at least in May. There were also shots of a Halloween episode in one of the previews for this season, so there may also be something else that's finished (but maybe in the wrong order?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Frank Angones answered a ton of fan questions (mostly) about S3 on his tumblr last night.

https://suspendersofdisbelief.tumblr.com/

Some highlights:

These are all pretty mild spoilers, but tagging em for safety

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Ok, who here read the response about Gladstone in PFT's voice?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Pakled posted:

Frank Angones answered a ton of fan questions (mostly) about S3 on his tumblr last night.

Did... did he look at the name that person asked about? Did he think they said "webby"?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
No, that character has been confirmed for a while.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Yeah that character appeared on the S3 poster from a while back along with several other "new" characters from other Disney properties.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

God, reading all those questions about the show made me realize how much I like this show and can't wait to have more of it.

The people writing it clearly love it too, and have a great handle on what to do with the characters. The way he talked about the reason Louie's villain arc was so short was spot on. More villain Louie might seem like fun, but you really do risk making the character too unlikable and this really isn't the show for that.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Makes sense with Louie being the most morally suspect but also most sensitive of the brothers. That and he's clearly not going to turn against his family in the long run, just he's open to working with the bad guys when convenient.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
The juxtaposition of both these questions is great

Everything is as it should be :)

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
In this terrible hellscape that we call 2020, one of the few things to look forward to is the return of this show. Frank and co. know exactly how much to tease.

Something to put on my to-do list is revamping the OP, it's very 2017. If anyone has anything they want to see addressed/changed, let me know.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

kefkafloyd posted:

Something to put on my to-do list is revamping the OP, it's very 2017. If anyone has anything they want to see addressed/changed, let me know.

For a second I thought you were talking about the opening music to the show and I was about to scream bloody murder but then I realized you were just talking about this thread.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer

kefkafloyd posted:

In this terrible hellscape that we call 2020, one of the few things to look forward to is the return of this show. Frank and co. know exactly how much to tease.

Maybe mention that Webby occasionally acts as a stand-in for Duck lore nerds. But now that I think about it, you kind of have that covered.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

kefkafloyd posted:

I think it's been addressed on Disney Plus, but just in case it'd probably be good to throw up the 'official' airing order, as well as links to Frank's Tumblr and the #RewriteHistory Twitter thread for behind-the-scenes stuff.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kefkafloyd posted:

Probably worth adding Della and Violet to the OP now, and actual character image for Magica.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Also change Lena's image to one of the ones where she's desperately trying to fake happy from the beginning of Nightmare on Kilmotor Hill.

That's just a personal preference tho.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Also, add Lunaris to the villains.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Speaking of that, I hope we see more Penumbra.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Pakled posted:

Also, add Lunaris to the villains.

Eh, that's a really big spoiler.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

kefkafloyd posted:

Here's some ideas:

- Add Penumbra to the main cast list
- Change Goldie's picture to her Goldiemama outfit from Doofus' birthday
- Change Launchpad's picture to his driver's license and add a note about tagging yourself if you're older than him. :v:
- Oooh, maybe mention how Launchpad's bi, with a link to the show creator's draft designs of Launchpad's exes.
- Could probably add Darkwing Duck to the list, but show pictures of Jim instead to hide that it's actually Drake who becomes Darkwing
- For the enemies section, add to the top section a picture of all of them lounging in Funzo's
- Maybe mention Flintheart's real name being Duke Baloney, or if not, then add a note about how he's back to being South African like the comics in this incarnation
- Add Doofus Drake and Don Karnage to the list of enemies, with notes on which triplet they consider as their nemesis.
- Maybe change the second post of the thread into the Allies/Others section? This could have Duckworth, Storkules, Boyd, M'ma Cabrera, Faris Djinn. It could also include a spoiler-ed section for F.O.W.L. and its members.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

amigolupus posted:

- Change Launchpad's picture to his driver's license and add a note about tagging yourself if you're older than him. :v:

I don't think having everyone here tag themselves is helpful in any way.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

MichiganCubbie posted:

I don't think having everyone here tag themselves is helpful in any way.

OP never claimed it was helpful.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Gone with the Blastwave apparently confirmed it did a classic Don Rosa comic reference!

edit: Unrelated, but I really hope they do more with the Other Vault, there's a shitload of plot hooks for Scrooge having his own personal SCP Foundation in his basement.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Aug 9, 2020

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Not sure how legit this is or not, but here's what appears to be a list for the next planned episodes:

If Let's Get Dangerous ends up being their backdoor pilot for a Darkwing Duck reboot, I'm gonna :swoon: so hard.

Though speaking of Darkwing, the new episode of Owl House is giving me hope that we might actually be able to get Drake and Launchpad being gay/bi dads and raising a daughter together.

https://twitter.com/DanaTerrace/status/1292321440696422400
https://twitter.com/DanaTerrace/status/1292321441363288064

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

I mean Violets dads have been on the show

As minor background characters, the truth Disney way.....

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

At Disney all homosexuality must exist for under one second, lest you risk reactivating Mecha-Walt

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

T-man posted:

At Disney all homosexuality must exist for under one second, lest you risk reactivating Mecha-Walt

They're saying him for Kingdom Hearts 4

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

T-man posted:

You missed the part where the show runner of TOH confirmed the main character was bi and the episode explicitly confirmed another female character had feelings for her.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Aug 13, 2020

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Nodosaur posted:

You missed the part where the show runner of TOH confirmed the main character was bi and the episode explicitly confirmed another female character had feelings for her.

friend I'm being snarky at Walt's conservatism and implying they put his head in a mechahitler suit, calm down.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

T-man posted:

friend I'm being snarky at Walt's conservatism and implying they put his head in a mechahitler suit, calm down.

Wouldn't it be Henry Ford in the MechaHitler suit?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Technowolf posted:

Wouldn't it be Henry Ford in the MechaHitler suit?

Both of them, like a Pacific Rim with heads in jars

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

amigolupus posted:

Not sure how legit this is or not, but here's what appears to be a list for the next planned episodes:

If Let's Get Dangerous ends up being their backdoor pilot for a Darkwing Duck reboot, I'm gonna :swoon: so hard.

Others have pointed out elsewhere, in case it wasn't completely obvious, but the backdrop for the image is St. Canard. So yeah, they're going all the gently caress in on Darkwing Duck this season.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

New DuckTales turned into a Darkwing Duck reboot so gradually I didn't even notice.

Fickle Isthmus
Aug 2, 2003

I've not turned up yet 'ave I?
It's a little odd they moved it to Mondays, but it is Disney so I guess not that weird.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

None of those episodes feel like a trip to Cape Suzette. :(

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Something something Spoonerville.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

amigolupus posted:

please please please please please

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So we now know that Giancarlo Esposito is The Phantom Blot

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I really want to see more of how FOWL operates as an organisation for some reason. Legion of Doom type orgs that actually function with a diverse staff of supervillains are fascinating, and the way they manage competing egos and ambitions leaves so much room for fun drama. Reminds me of the Decepticons.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I really want to see more of how FOWL operates as an organisation for some reason. Legion of Doom type orgs that actually function with a diverse staff of supervillains are fascinating, and the way they manage competing egos and ambitions leaves so much room for fun drama. Reminds me of the Decepticons.

If you haven't watched The Venture Brothers yet, you really should as it covers a lot of what you're talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

drrockso20 posted:

If you haven't watched The Venture Brothers yet, you really should as it covers a lot of what you're talking about

Oh, I absolutely have. I've said before this show is almost a slightly less ironic, G-rated Venture Bros. (fitting since the old duck comics are the inspiration for a lot of the pulp adventure stories that would inspire Johnny Quest and such)