Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I loved the MJF beatdown and especially Moxley's promo afterwards, because I think "dangerous man willing to do anything necessary to defend the title" is a better direction for Mox-as-champ than what he's been doing for most of this run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

How'd this get here?

Gimme a minute.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There we go.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

hahaha

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MJeff posted:

There we go.

:discourse:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
So apparently AEW has aired more pandemic episodes than pre pandemic episodes. How crazy is that.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1294000828362055680

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
0.32, 9th in the demo. Yikes. AEW took it on the chin this week.

P18-34 was a 0.18. *pulls collar*

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the demo god is DEAD

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Good basketball and important political news. AEW dropping in the demo makes sense, they always get hit by politics poo poo hard

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Kamala Harris is the new Demo God.

Not bad that AEW hung in there while NXT was not even in the top 50.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the coronal demogod failed not only Orange Cassidy but also AEW. very shameful Chris.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yea ok posted:

Good basketball and important political news. AEW dropping in the demo makes sense, they always get hit by politics poo poo hard

Strangely it seems more than basketball or Kamala, the thing that did AEW in this week might have been...Shark Week?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

NXT did 619k.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-wednesday-cable-originals-network-finals-8-12-2020.html

Booyakka booyakka

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Will Smith was on shark week this week

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

MJeff posted:

Strangely it seems more than basketball or Kamala, the thing that did AEW in this week might have been...Shark Week?

That makes sense. It's 2020 after all and Shark Week is one of the last few anchors of normality we have left.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I personally was kind of down on the Jericho stuff. I sincerely doubt that had any sizable impact but we noted a fall after the #SpeakingOut stuff too. I doubt it was a big thing but maybe toss it into the pile with NBA, Kamala, and Sharks.

But like this kind of week to week rating analysis can be drat near anything. Like some people could have had their power knocked out from weather or really into the new season of Umbrella Academy or something.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

MJF getting routinely owned is the thing that makes his gimmick bearable. I know usually the buildup is 'have the smarmly little prick antagonize the audience until he finally gets his comeuppance' but I am over that sort of storytelling. It's a weird day when you, a wrestling fan, realize that you are just over being antagonized by heels. I mean of course the heels do it in AEW but for the most part I find them all too endearing to really get mad at. Which is exactly what I want out of wrestling these days. I want to cheer the faces. I want to cheer the heels. I want to cheer everybody.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Forget it, Jake, it's Shark Week.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1294001810894618625

The Iceman rides again!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

most importantly, AEW obliterated Guy's Grocery Games.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Still beat Guy's Grocery Games, isn't that most important? :haw:

Edit: beaten

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lamuella posted:

most importantly, AEW obliterated Guy's Grocery Games.

That feud is over, the new feud is with the sharks.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1294005804182327296

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/1294007488392634368

At least he's a good sport about it. Still wish both side would react to rating like they are 80's cartoon villains.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dean Duo Belt

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I was watching a 2 hour episode of Agents of Shield and otherwise being a turd about Jericho. I didnt help!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

For those like me who didn't have the Fite TV feed:
https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1294010997133410311

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I rewatched the Revolution tag match and boy, one thing I don't miss about crowds is the loving OBSESSION with cutting to random audience members and missing spots left and right. WWE rightly gets poo poo on for it but AEW was just as bad at it.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding the respiratory disease SARS-CoV-2. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to them"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

explosivo posted:

For those like me who didn't have the Fite TV feed:
https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1294010997133410311

Honestly this was my favourite part of this week's show

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rarity posted:

Honestly this was my favourite part of this week's show

Sammy did a pretty great job of adjusting on the fly

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

StarkRavingMad posted:

Sammy did a pretty great job of adjusting on the fly

*clonks camera guy in the dome with a real assed chair*

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What're the odds that they were ribbing Sammy with the inaccurate times because of what he did?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

So here's a question. If Dynamite is postponed until Saturday next week, is there an appetite for a communal Wednesday night rewatch of the first half of All Out?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lamuella posted:

So here's a question. If Dynamite is postponed until Saturday next week, is there an appetite for a communal Wednesday night rewatch of the first half of All Out?

I only really got into AEW when Dynamite started (though I did watch Fight for The Fallen) and usually can't participate in the live threads 'cause I'm on the west coast so I'd love that.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i'm down! I haven't seen the original shows that launched the brand :D

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Bea Priestley and Jimmy Havoc no longer have bios on the AEW Roster page.

Edit: Maybe more? Sadie Gibbs no longer listed either.

ICR fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Aug 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ICR posted:

Bea Priestley and Jimmy Havoc no longer have bios on the AEW Roster page.

Edit: Maybe more? Sadie Gibbs no longer listed either.

Sadie took it out of her bio too. That'd be a shame, but understandable.