Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Caidin posted:

Ah, so every other character in the series is actually way shorter then I thought.
Visual height is scaled with fighting power, like many fighting manga

Sindai fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Aug 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Bushmeister posted:

Don't you loving dare lose, Julius

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
this is a real fight

just two big men pounding each other

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
This is gonna be a good one, no cheap bullshit, no dumb gimmicks, just two fighters who are apparently about 10 feet tall slugging the absolute poo poo out of each other as god intended. I'm glad that Koga is joining up with the main kengan association peanut gallery as well, I missed him.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I'm willing to bet something will happen and they will need a substitute fighter. then he'll have to do

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Just two huge dudes punchin' it out, this is the real poo poo.

No but for real, I love the art in this chapter. Even better than the Wakatsuki/Julius fight from Asura, IMO. The use of perspective really makes those blows feel powerful.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
This fight owns because so far each punch hasnt been that lame blur poo poo

GO JULIUS GO

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Is it relevant that Julius' left hand is no longer grabbing Mudo's arm at the end? It seems to me that holding onto the guy to keep him still would be more advantageous?

Also, Koga showing up just means he's gonna sub for someone, right.

TastyLemonDrops fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Aug 14, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
much as i would like Koga to sub in he's going to be involved in whatever comes after this tournament which isn't the focus of KO

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Koga would get owned if he subbed in; he's not on the same level as the other fighters yet.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Is it relevant that Julius' left hand is no longer grabbing Mudo's arm at the end? It seems to me that holding onto the guy to keep him still would be more advantageous?

Also, Koga showing up just means he's gonna sub for someone, right.

I think Julius PULLED Toa forward onto his punch

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
this fight rules already

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

Koga would get owned if he subbed in; he's not on the same level as the other fighters yet.

Is it a knockout tournament or best out of x? He might be able to handle an injured purgatory fighter.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Piriwi posted:

Is it a knockout tournament or best out of x? He might be able to handle an injured purgatory fighter.

nah not even close

Koga is da boy but its gonna be waaaaay later when we get to see him perform

Koga has moved from the regular seats to up with the fighters. Also notice he didn't evem blink an eye at Ohma. Went right to Ryuki and said "You better win".

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Turns out it helps to know martial arts in a martial arts tournament, not just be big and strong.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
That spinning backhand counter was absolutely loving sick. I still like Julius for this fight though.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I believe in the economic staying power of Juliuscoin.

Also a dude knowing to redirect momentum and how best to go limp doesn't mean they're ripping off your weird bullshit style Ohma.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Link to Chapter 73.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kengan Jobsura

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

what the gently caress

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

What the...bullshit martial arts in my muscle fight? Say it isn't so...

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'd say Julius is up a flashback but we know from last fight that in this strange new world flashback math may not be able to predict everything...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

im gonna be super pissed off if julius loses also lmfao the foot changed

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Kengan Jobsura

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Plutonis posted:

im gonna be super pissed off if julius loses also lmfao the foot changed

I can't help but notice that the most powerful muscle on Julius is clearly his glutius maximus.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm okay with julius losing this mirror match. his entire schtick was roiding out so much that martial arts became irrelevant, like getting in a fist fight with a bus. so, it would stand to reason that a person with similar size and strength who actually knows how to fight would be more than julius' match.

it's fine if the kengan boys lose if their loss isn't complete bullshit.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Don't worry folks, we still have the Rocky of Osaka.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I like the big beef men slapping against each other. A good chapter.

Andrew Lime
Oct 9, 2012
None of Toa's attacks harmed Julius, it was only when he redirected his attack that he got hurt.

Therefore only Julius can harm Julius and once he figures this out, he can start winning.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Not only has Julius not revealed how he's gotten stronger but he's also never had a fight where he didn't come across as very smart and analytical so I'd be surprised to not see it here too. He hasn't even had a badass moment yet.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Julius stopped and pushed back a stomp with his arm.

Not gonna count Julius out here

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

AtomikKrab posted:

Julius stopped and pushed back a stomp with his arm.

Not gonna count Julius out here

Pretty easy when the stomper changes foot mid air

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mudo might have Karate on his side but Julius has mastered the Hit Deathblow.

When he gets a full 7 bars of meter, Mudo is hosed

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Yeah julius is just charging up his limit break!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm cheering on Julius to use his knowledge of the human body to dismantle Mudo bit by bit.

It's not a technique, it's just applying biological knowledge.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm increasingly thinking that Toyoda Idemitsu is actually just a cool guy

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Julius is gonna be a superior grappler and win that way.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Actually Julius is going to win because ADVANCED MODERN DAY SCIENCE is going to defeat THE BLOOD OF LEGENDS

I will also accept FRIENDSHIP as the key to victory

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Andrew Lime posted:

None of Toa's attacks harmed Julius, it was only when he redirected his attack that he got hurt.

Therefore only Julius can harm Julius and once he figures this out, he can start winning.

I'm trying to think of how Julius could win without having to use techniques and the best I can think of is that he'll have to switch things up and stop trying to overpower Mudo and that will lead him to victory. He's got to find a way around Mudo's redirections and muscle softening, grappling is one option but Mudo is technically bigger than Julius so it could easily backfire. Maybe Julius can opt for using feints and follow them up with a real punches to get Mudo to miss the timing of his martial arts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrew Lime
Oct 9, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

I'm trying to think of how Julius could win without having to use techniques and the best I can think of is that he'll have to switch things up and stop trying to overpower Mudo and that will lead him to victory. He's got to find a way around Mudo's redirections and muscle softening, grappling is one option but Mudo is technically bigger than Julius so it could easily backfire. Maybe Julius can opt for using feints and follow them up with a real punches to get Mudo to miss the timing of his martial arts.

I think in true pure strength fashion, Julius will just pull a Hanayama squeeze or a bear hug.