Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

the ratings are my fault, i watched con air instead last night. sorry gang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

ICR posted:

Bea Priestley and Jimmy Havoc no longer have bios on the AEW Roster page.

Edit: Maybe more? Sadie Gibbs no longer listed either.

Havoc was a matter of time with all the things being said about him. Didn't people like Bea? She's a bit of a surprise.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I dunno what Bea's contract situation between AEW and Stardom was - her appearances were pretty spotty pre-pandemic although they started to tease a feud between her and Nyla right before the shutdown, so maybe she would have had a serious run here. Either way, between travel restrictions and her having other options I'm not really surprised by them parting ways for now

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Bea was only on a part time deal to start with and since she lives outside of the US she won't be able to work for them for the foreseeable future anyway.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

oh but seriously I posted:

the ratings are my fault, i watched con air instead last night. sorry gang

theres no shame in con air, a blockbuster of a movie

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Joey McChrist posted:

theres no shame in con air, a blockbuster of a movie

it doesn't hold up it doesn't hold up :negative:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The assumption all along was that they would get Havoc through rehab and then quietly let him go (apparently he's planning to retire from wrestling, though nobody was going to book him again anyway).

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I wouldn't be surprised if some of those people (not Jimmy) show up again but their contract ran out at a bad time and didn't get renewed

edit: the real crime is Anna Jay hasn't been updated to have her mask instead of her hat.

Wezlar fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 14, 2020

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Sadie’s tweeting that she was released rather than a contract run out.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I wonder how many people like me watch on Fite. That surely inflates their numbers and brings in extra cash. Plus iTV in the UK. So they're doing even better than just the USA demo stuff

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Sadie’s tweeting that she was released rather than a contract run out.

Sadie had some really bad luck. She was due to move to the US and start training with QT before covid hit.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Coward Tony did mention a month ago that while no cuts were being done at the time, they could come. Looks like the time is now

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1294060489618542592

Wouldn't be surprised if TH2 showing up was to keep their contracts.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

It seemed like they let her take her time finishing up her job in England before fully committing to coming over, which in ideal circumstances is a good employer thing to do, but I can definitely see why TK didn’t want to keep that rolling all things considered.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

all elite workhouse

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Here's hoping PAC finds a way into the country soon then.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

PAC is probably safe, but could see Shanna get cut if they’re not done yet.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah, I think they'll keep PAC and Riho (especially Riho since she'd be snapped up by STARDOM), but could absolutely see Shanna getting cut. This should free them up to hire Tay, Rachel, and Nicole though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Where's Excalibur

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pylons posted:

Yeah, I think they'll keep PAC and Riho (especially Riho since she'd be snapped up by STARDOM), but could absolutely see Shanna getting cut. This should free them up to hire Tay, Rachel, and Nicole though.

They should cut PAC so he can go back to Dragongate

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Where's Excalibur

Back on the 26th. Very excited.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

thing about coward tony is he''s a coward, tony

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tbh if njpw is just never gonna be in the cards i kinda wish they'd form something with dragongate, although them using CIMA probably made things weird politically

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i am addressing the other tony in this scenario

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

JOHN CENA posted:

tbh if njpw is just never gonna be in the cards i kinda wish they'd form something with dragongate, although them using CIMA probably made things weird politically

didn't Dragon Gate just link up with MLW not too long ago

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Pylons posted:

Riho is in STARDOM, AEW was always her side gig.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Has anything been said about when AEW Dynamite will air on FITE next week?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

smikey posted:

Riho is in STARDOM, AEW was always her side gig.

Riho is a freelancer, I'm saying she'd likely be signed full-time by STARDOM if AEW lets her go.

cunny mcalister
Mar 21, 2004
Somehow less than meets the eye.

Troy Queef posted:

didn't Dragon Gate just link up with MLW not too long ago

MLW is dying (dead?) so that would free them up.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

cunny mcalister posted:

MLW is dying (dead?) so that would free them up.

Also, MLW only got to announce the partnership pre-COVID. Nothing has come of it yet.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
It's so long until the 22nd :negative:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It's so long until the 22nd :negative:

Yeah I saw the stuff going around about the show being on saturday because of basketball but it only just hit me during this week's dynamite that we won't get a new dynamite for a week and a half.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

PAC is probably safe, but could see Shanna get cut if they’re not done yet.

drat, I really liked her. :( But you're right. She even had a whole "I nearly got stuck in Europe forever and could never live my dream until AEW" storyline, and now... Well.

Maybe the reason for AEW's lower ratings was because it was tag appreciation night. :smug: Tag teams don't draw, brother.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
What if Eddie Kingston is the Harley Race to the New Horsemen

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lid posted:

What if Eddie Kingston is the Harley Race to the New Horsemen

Don't threaten me with a good time

Unrelated, I wonder if stories are gonna come out about how hot it was in that ring under the lights and with the Florida heat/humidity, it being like the Inferno matches, especially that first one.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rotinaj posted:

drat, I really liked her. :( But you're right. She even had a whole "I nearly got stuck in Europe forever and could never live my dream until AEW" storyline, and now... Well.

Maybe the reason for AEW's lower ratings was because it was tag appreciation night. :smug: Tag teams don't draw, brother.

the truth is there is one wrestler who was on the roster last week who wasnt this week.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

JOHN CENA posted:

the truth is there is one wrestler who was on the roster last week who wasnt this week.

:negative:

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

JOHN CENA posted:

i approve of this post

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

LI doesn't mean Long Island, it means Lethal Injection

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

JOHN CENA posted:

Who cares about dragongate, officially announce the alliance with CyberAgent's stable of wrestling companies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

karmicknight posted:

Who cares about dragongate, officially announce the alliance with CyberAgent's stable of wrestling companies!

this is probably the logistically easiest and best move. especially if you can move guys that dont really have a spot in aew to hoss it up in Noah or DDT, get some of the greener women into TJPW....yeah i think this is the direction they should go in for japanese partnership