Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

SalTheBard posted:

It's more the fact that

1. Don't be poo poo to each other. This is a game, part of the game is having people react, but if you think you’re reacting badly, walk away, calm down, come back later.

It's pretty lovely to imply that JC and I not voting how Humalong wants us to makes us loving piss babies. You are allowed to vote how you loving want. If you want to discuss your vote calling people names is not the loving way to do it.

If being called a pissbaby bothers you that much, I think you’re the one who is reacting badly and needs to walk away and calm down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Scientastic posted:

If being called a pissbaby bothers you that much, I think you’re the one who is reacting badly and needs to walk away and calm down.

Jesus. I have been polite this whole game, so I don't think asking to be called names is too much to ask for.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

You completely overreacting to a relatively innocuous comedy insult.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Scientastic posted:

You completely overreacting to a relatively innocuous comedy insult.

Again, I don't think it's too much to ask to not be insulted.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

You're right, we should get rid of Sal so we don't have to deal with this sanctimonious bullshit that he pulls in every single game at some point

when he tells someone to go gently caress themselves or to gently caress off it's just his way of talking, but calling him a piss baby????? NO WAY JOSE

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

At this point I'm pretty sure that town is just passively sitting by and letting scum run the game. So like maybe if town people want to step up after I flip town that would be pretty cool. Again this is why I'm pretty happy with my vote as is.

Coming back to this post is very amusing because you're actually the one passively sitting on a vote on me and refusing to even consider anyone else today

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

SalTheBard posted:

Awful Survivor opened my eyes to how emotional these games make me and so I'm trying to reign that part in?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mr. Humalong posted:

You're right, we should get rid of Sal so we don't have to deal with this sanctimonious bullshit that he pulls in every single game at some point

when he tells someone to go gently caress themselves or to gently caress off it's just his way of talking, but calling him a piss baby????? NO WAY JOSE

Hum, If you want to discuss my vote that's fine. All I'm asking is for a little courtesy. I'm voting you because I feel your actions at the end of D1 were suspicious to me. That is my reason for voting you. If there is someone else more suspicious I would be more than happy to look that way and change my vote as necessary.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

my eyes can't stop rolling

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Hum, if my vote on you is such a detriment to this game then ##unvote.

Ok. So now that we've done that, my scum reads really haven't changed so I will be voting for someone that i named earlier.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

You can vote anywhere Sal just explain it, your reasoning against Hum was just very weak and you didn’t really flesh it out as to be at all convincing

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
None of the votes on me are based on reality either but that's not stopping people.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

What do you mean when you say that?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Sandwolf posted:

What do you mean when you say that?

Why am I the only one who has to justify my vote? My reasoning:

IN MY OPINION Humalong acted scummy at the end of day 1.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Amnistar posted:

General Mafia Rules (That have been stolen from Natural 20 who stole them from Somberero)

1. Don't be poo poo to each other. This is a game, part of the game is having people react, but if you think you’re reacting badly, walk away, calm down, come back later.

Hi. IK hat on, please remember that this rule exists and respect it, as well as your other players. Thank you.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SalTheBard posted:

Okay but the problem with this Sal is it looks like nothing, it’s so easily fabricated, you’re not even pretending to have logic behind it, just a purely emotional feel?

It’s bad because it doesn’t seem like it’s trying to convince anyone, it doesn’t appear like you actually want Hum lunched, you just have to have some read today so you’re doubling down on it being made up.

Also, a lot of people are providing reasoning for their votes, so this just feels like you’re tryna draw attention other places. If you feel another player is making votes without any reasoning and it’s scummy, call them out.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Podima posted:

Hi. IK hat on, please remember that this rule exists and respect it, as well as your other players. Thank you.

I’ll never respect Hal and you can’t make

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Sandwolf posted:

Okay but the problem with this Sal is it looks like nothing, it’s so easily fabricated, you’re not even pretending to have logic behind it, just a purely emotional feel?

It’s bad because it doesn’t seem like it’s trying to convince anyone, it doesn’t appear like you actually want Hum lunched, you just have to have some read today so you’re doubling down on it being made up.

Also, a lot of people are providing reasoning for their votes, so this just feels like you’re tryna draw attention other places. If you feel another player is making votes without any reasoning and it’s scummy, call them out.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

SalTheBard posted:

I'm not seeing it. Hum's play at the end of D1 looks fine to me, what am I missing?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I can't even tell if he believes I'm scum

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

SalTheBard posted:

Why am I the only one who has to justify my vote?

This is arrant nonsense, by the way, and you should stop with the massive victim complex. Other people have justified their votes plenty, to claim that they haven't is to admit you're not reading the thread.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Honestly rn I think he’s taking the chance to obfuscate his normal scumtell by trying the same thing as town

this was what initially pinged me to sandwolf. because at the time bif is going on me hard it might appear momentum could go my way day one, so it looks like he's essentially saying here, "hey, he's doing the same scummy thing he did last game, but let me spin a perspective here that implies i think he might be town". it feels like he's laying groundwork down to lunch me and wash his hands of the situation after i'd flip townie.

Sandwolf posted:

I’m trying to think you’re town here Bif, because I do think this is your town game, but you are really creating negative motives to fit my actions.

he appears upset bif is doing to him what he did to me.

Sandwolf posted:

come on, let's lunch Spoonsy

Sandwolf posted:

We can lunch Spoonsy and make everyone happy!!

he really wants spoonsy.

Sandwolf posted:

Okay Bif here you go:

Spoonsy has been scum a bunch recently and he survives through D1 under very similar circumstances. That coupled with his brief statements (aware of the game but not commenting on anything, not taking any stances, purposefully saying he’s flaunting the game til deadline day?) just make me feel more okay with lunching him. Do I know he’s scum? No, but nothing else has particularly stuck out to me today (except you, tbf, Bif, but that seems to be p standard for us).

RF, similarly, has been lunched I think D1 or D2 every game I’ve played with them recently? And so far this seems pretty boilerplate Opop. I don’t think he’s confirmed town that was a joke but yeah I have no interest in lunching him before D3

being fair, this is actually a good reason to lunch spoons. it eliminates a question mark that would probably permeate throughout the whole game if left alive, ironically the same position i am in. the best move if you aren't taking down someone you're positive is scum? eliminate a question mark.

Sandwolf posted:

Still kinda hard to secure this Spoonsy lunch though. Deadline is in an hour and we’re still waltzing along here.

he's still the main driver for the lunch.

Sandwolf posted:

I’m not 100% Spoonsy is scum but I think this has been a great EOD for analyzing people regardless of his flip, it’s also a half hour before deadline

he has doubts before the flip which is understandable, i certainly did, and claims this is a good EOD to analyze how other players fall in line after the flip.

Sandwolf posted:

This is the second time you’ve called Cena out for not reflecting the masonry properly and yet you don’t think he’s scum?

here he tries to put the focus on me and sal's masonry but frames his question to sal in a way to try to cause further distrust and split people who might be putting pieces together. the motive behind this post was the smoking gun for me when it comes to sandwolf. town wouldn't frame a question this way.

v

he does a lot of deflecting when sal tries to bring his points to the table about humalong, which raises an eyebrow for me as well.

Sandwolf posted:

I still don’t feel you’ve made any salient case on Hum yet though really

Sandwolf posted:

Sal, this does look like floundering. You’re not pointing to anyone as scum, you’re just vaguely gesturing to the whole as following a scum-led narrative.

##vote Sal

here he's just straight up discrediting and trying to wave away sal's case. he's not engaging. he's not exploring hum at all, but not posting reasons why he thinks hum might be town. this to me points to a relationship in the game the two are aware of. its the INTENT behind posts in what i look for.

Sandwolf posted:

you guys keep obliquely and obtusely referring to things coming together or happening in your masonry, then they never get clarified or even brought up in thread, and then we move on to another topic. I’m honestly leaning towards them both being scum.

JC constantly says the masonry is like x, followed immediately by Sal clarifying that that’s not true, but also, JC isn’t scummy because Sal doesn’t take unconfirmed masonries too seriously.

he gets frustrated that we've stopped airing our laundry (and there hasnt been very much in the past day, food poisoning sucks rear end) in the game thread and in the same sentence decides to take another swipe at sal's credibility. like, if sal and i have had different perspectives on how the masonry is playing out, why would we air it publicly in the thread if we were both scum. that's just stupid. im a moron but even im not that dumb.

Sandwolf posted:

I’m petrified of this too, to be totally honest. But Sal usually goes into full blown “gently caress you how dare you think I’m scum” and he doesn’t seem to be there yet. But I would take almost no compelling to vote for either of them right now.

before he starts needling sal to get sal to blow up, he drops this line about sal's observed meta. he also just quietly adds it would be really easy to vote for either myself or sal.

Sandwolf posted:

I was called emotionally manipulative in the last game I was in Sal, I think you can deal with “pissbaby”

needles sal, but is through intent and not outward verbal support, is defending humalong's play (which is lovely from a personal perspective). he continues throughout the thread to not directly interact with humalong but their conversations run parallel with each other. he never outwardly defends humalong but when sal talks about humalong he tries to deflect the conversation then take stabs at Sal's credibility.

there's more but the thread got ugly after this point and im not feeling up to engaging with it.

that is my case on sandwolf. i request all votes are either on himself or myself. i want to make it very, very clear i also suspect humalong, as is evident in the above post. but sandwolf is the target i want today. removing sandwolf in my opinion takes a major player for scum off of the board. just the same, voting for me will in fact clear me and kill the "sal and cena are jointed scum" narrative that was attempted to be pushed. it removes a figure that causes doubt and, if sci is town which i doubt, it forces him to read someone else for chrissakes. i also point to hal incandenza's sheepishness and non-interactivity with humalong and sandwolf as something to observe. i don't know if he's scum but it is something i find worthy of looking into down the line. if the vote goes on me, i am absolutely fine with it and will not fight it. i strongly, strongly advise you though to vote for sandwolf as i will do right now. you can say cena's being performative, he's putting it on, whatever, but it isn't the case. i am very much at peace with being voted and flipping town. i encourage it if you don't want to vote for sandwolf. now if you'll excuse me i need fluids and napping.

##vote sandwolf

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Can you explain how you’ve gone from these posts:

JOHN CENA posted:

i thought you voted hal, i'll kill sal no problem

JOHN CENA posted:

sal was being cagey and short in the masonry which made me think he was speaking to me potentially only after conferring with fellow scum, but he explained he was at work and busy all day which I can accept for now. my paranoia is a little high this game. I think bif is town, I'm willing to believe sal is town for now. I'm still unsure of anyone else. I'm reading osely but on day one it's tough to gauge.

JOHN CENA posted:

it was more of a one sided conversation though.

JOHN CENA posted:

whenever we talk about anything that isn't the game the conversation carries fine but i've had to pull teeth to get more than a sentence out of him when i post my reads and ask for his thoughts/poll him on his reads.

to building an entire case against me based on the idea that Sal is town?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
MASONRY UPDATE:

2:51 PM CST - John Cena - Just drank gatorade and ate toast, going back to sleep
3:14 PM CST - SaltheBard - Cheers

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

John Cena don’t sleep immediately after eating!!!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

SalTheBard posted:

None of the votes on me are based on reality either but that's not stopping people.

I mean this is just not true. People, including myself, explained why they are voting for you. If you disagree, fine, explain why you disagree and we'll engage in a discussion. But this is just trying to hand-wave votes away with zero explanation. I told you why I was voting you - I read your posts as completely misrepresenting what I did on D1 and particularly toward the end - and you didn't really offer anything in response.

And I also completely agree with Sci's comment that asking you to explain your drat votes / opposition to votes is not asking for the sky, nor is that singling you out unfairly.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Maybe what I said earlier didn't make sense so let me try again.

I have justified my vote on Humalong. I PERSONALLY thought his actions at the end of D1 are weird, you don't, we disagree that's fine.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Retro Futurist posted:

##vote Sal ayup

So lets start with this riveting vote from RF. Sure is a lot of justification there, so I asked RF

SalTheBard posted:

Do you have something you would like to share with the rest of us?

and this is what I got back

Retro Futurist posted:

Yes, it is my vote. Here you are.

SO cool

I again respond

SalTheBard posted:

Anything else? Like your reasoning for the vote? Maybe a case I can look at and refute when it's terrible?

Like do you notice that I'm trying to engage RF and getting stone walled in return?

Finally I got this vague response

Retro Futurist posted:

You felt iffy yesterday and then this distancing post felt super off

Ok so cool so we have a lovely no justification vote from Opop, lets see who is next on the list of lovely no justification votes!

tpink posted:

You are doubling down on a bad post - that post you're quoting is from early D1, and as we actually got closer to the deadline, I said very clearly that I'd vote to avoid a no-lynch and explained why. I quoted and bolded the relevant parts even, and you are still pretending like those other posts never happened. Weird.

##vote SalTheBard

You quoted some posts but didn't quote the one in question

Then Sandwolf swooped in with this awesome vote

Sandwolf posted:

Sal, this does look like floundering. You’re not pointing to anyone as scum, you’re just vaguely gesturing to the whole as following a scum-led narrative.

##vote Sal

So again, very weak justification there. So those are the 3 votes on me that all have less justification than my vote on Humalong, but nobody is holding Sand and Opop's feet to the loving fires.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
You are still playing the victim card. You are not being singled out. Here's my post specifically calling out RF for not explaining that vote.

tpink posted:

That's kind of an unhelpful response to say the least. If you're going to vote for someone, it doesn't do much good if you don't even bother explaining why.

As to my vote, I stand by what I said - you were misrepresenting what I did D1, I quoted my posts indicating otherwise, and your only response now is that I didn't quote "the post in question." That's BS - the post in question (that I wouldn't vote on D1 absent a scum slip) was well before my later posts where I specifically said that I will vote to avoid a no-lynch and explained why. You didn't engage with that explanation then, and you're still not engaging with it.

You just keep trying to construct this counter-factual narrative that you are being singled out and that no one else gets called out for not justifying their votes, and it's just not true.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sal probably comes off slightly townier after all this nonsense but he got pretty upset as scum in the past too so he’s not out of the woods.

It would be nice if Sal could talk about who besides hum is scum instead of relitigating votes with no analysis

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Obviously I agree with sci’s case on cheese. Keep those cheese votes coming

I don’t like JCs narrative today and the dumbderdome he created. Sorry buddy I’m not as concerned as you are about MAJOR SCUM PLAYER wolfie

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Would really like to hear from Toal and siv

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I called you out for being scummy at the end of D1, my vote was a very obvious follow up to that that you didn't mention at all.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah sorry I'm here, I'm reading, I just ... everything got unpleasant and that's making the game difficult.

My desire to vote Cena is tempered by him calling for a thunderdome. I hate the idea and don't want to humor him by voting him, which is childish contrariness on my part.

Sci is making good cases. I've been leaning frustrated town on Sal, but him making cases that involve leaving out context -- RF's reasoning for his vote coming in at EoD, Hum's vote switch being necessitated by not forcing a NL -- makes me waver.

For now ##vote cheese sandwich

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I dunno, we have like pages and pages of content on JC and Sal and Hum and Sandwolf and only a few hard calls on Cheese. I'd rather we sort out JC and Sal.

Of them I think Sal has been handwaving away the fact that his original reasoning was full of holes and seemed artificial, by not responding to comments involving that. I think the shift to Cheese has been fairly easy and it makes me suspicious on that count, but idk I don't have a strong cheese comment. I think cheese made a town read on me which was weird because I haven't said much this entire game.

I don't get SIV's vote on cheese with no reasoning, putting him as a vote leader with no content for when he flips whatever.

I went outside for over 1 hour for the first time in months of covid time and it was nice today. I got sunburned and my eyes hurt even with sunglasses on it was so bright.

##vote sal

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

spacing in vienna posted:

Yeah sorry I'm here, I'm reading, I just ... everything got unpleasant and that's making the game difficult.

My desire to vote Cena is tempered by him calling for a thunderdome. I hate the idea and don't want to humor him by voting him, which is childish contrariness on my part.

Sci is making good cases. I've been leaning frustrated town on Sal, but him making cases that involve leaving out context -- RF's reasoning for his vote coming in at EoD, Hum's vote switch being necessitated by not forcing a NL -- makes me waver.

For now ##vote cheese sandwich

there's the third scum.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Votecount for Day 2

cheese sandwich (4): Hal Incandenza, Scientastic, Mr. Humalong, spacing in vienna
SalTheBard (4): JOHN CENA, JOHN CENA, Retro Futurist, tpink, Scientastic, Sandwolf, Scientastic, Toalpaz
Sandwolf (2): JOHN CENA, JOHN CENA, cheese sandwich, JOHN CENA
JOHN CENA (0): Scientastic, Scientastic, JOHN CENA, JOHN CENA
tpink (0): spacing in vienna, spacing in vienna
Mr. Humalong (0): SalTheBard, JOHN CENA, JOHN CENA, SalTheBard

Not Voting (1): SalTheBard

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 14th, 2020 at 9 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
I didn't realize that brought cheese up to tie Sal. Votefinder isn't updating in the OP.

Cheese's no content mess looks bad. I like Sci's case. I like either cheese or JC for scum, but since JC wants thunderdome I don't think we should do it, which I acknowledged was childish. Sorry if I didn't spell that out more explicitly.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

you just don't want me to flip town while there's enough town to figure out whats going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

vote me siv don't be scared homie