Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

its a pixel 3 but i guess when i got the charging port fixed the shop didn't seal the waterproofing properly and when it got dunked the screen went all crazy :kingsley:

any ways my phone is now in a bag of rice and ive crossed my fingers that it works again, or at least get my photos off of it somehow :pray:

otherwise pixel 4 doesnt come out until october i think??? luckily ive got my backup LG G5 but its kinda grody :tbear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut
Jul 30, 2019

drat sounds like nature was calling op

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Were you streaming?

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Wouldn't worry about it OP. I cover my phone in...uh...fluids...all the time, and its still kicking

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Aren't the Pixel phones notoriously bad with water resistance? Maybe that was just the first gen. Sorry about your phone, OP. Maybe try a different brand.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
if you call geek squad they can euthanize your phone within 24 hours

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
A horizontal chunk of the bottom part of my Galaxy s8 phone screen randomly flashes now and Blue Train says that sounds like a hardware problem.

This sucks because it was 800 bucks and I adore it. Fingers crossed it doesn't brick.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Get a cheap moto and you'll thank me

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

That was dumb OP.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
That’s why I keep insurance for 2 years, and if it breaks after that, I upgrade. Now I’ve been stuck on this ancient iPhone X for so long and probably will be until the iPhone Z Max Pro or whatever because I got a good case and don’t have butterfingers.

I’ll be real, whenever they change the charging port, I’ll upgrade and chuck this thing in a shoebox with the rest of my old iPhones and iPods.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
This is the only phone you'll need

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

they dont tell you this but you have to consume the phone rice at midnight during a full moon or the spell will not be complete.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Mooey Cow posted:

This is the only phone you'll need

when your husband comes home early and you pretend the sex toy youre holding is something else

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

numberoneposter posted:

its a pixel 3 but i guess when i got the charging port fixed the shop didn't seal the waterproofing properly and when it got dunked the screen went all crazy :kingsley:

any ways my phone is now in a bag of rice and ive crossed my fingers that it works again, or at least get my photos off of it somehow :pray:

otherwise pixel 4 doesnt come out until october i think??? luckily ive got my backup LG G5 but its kinda grody :tbear:

iPhone wouldn't have any of these issues, ever think about that?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

they dont tell you this but you have to consume the phone rice at midnight during a full moon or the spell will not be complete.
good to know, i was going to make a cuban black beans and phone rice with it any ways but i guess ill wait

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I dunked my Dunk-A-Roos, OP.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Next time shoot for Catholic baptism not full on Orthodox

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I have a pixel 4 but kinda wish I stayed with Samsung.
The camera is great, but the fit and finish of the phone feels a bit lacking.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

if anyone wants to know how i dunked my phone in the river i was getting drunk on a tube floating down a slow moving river and listening to steve miller band and i got too much water on my phone

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the sea is a harsh mistress

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
OP, don't put your phone in rice.

Your rectum absorbs water way better.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm sorry to hear that.

About Steve Miller band that is.
Terrible.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

At least you baptised it before it died.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
dunka dill pickle

Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug

numberoneposter posted:

Does putting things in a bag of rice actually do anything except make your rice dirty? Rice is hardly known for absorbing water out of the air. It's better to put it in a warm spot near your hot water cylinder.

Unless it was repaired by a manufacturer's approved company then water proofing isn't guaranteed or even restored and, well, now you've discovered what happens.

I have a picture somewhere of me squeezing water out of my Sony Xperia after it got damaged and I took it swimming. Still worked afterwards, of course, because Sony Xperia phones are awesome.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
Just throw your phone in the microwave for 30 seconds, it will dry out super nicely

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
thats cool OP. better than someone DUNKing you. that can be pretty brutal.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

GIRL BRAINS posted:

Just throw your phone in the microwave for 30 seconds, it will dry out super nicely
what about my ooni wood fired pizza oven???

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

GIRL BRAINS posted:

have to use the defrost setting

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

numberoneposter posted:

Do NOT get a pixel 4 this is the worst loving phone ever I hate it I hate it with my life

The three was so loving awesome but then I forgot it was in my pocket and got in a pool and it died.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

gary oldmans diary posted:

have to use the defrost setting

This isn't completely accurate as Apple's the only company to get a valid reliability score for this setting. Android manufacturers urge using the popcorn setting for their devices

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

numberoneposter posted:

if anyone wants to know how i dunked my phone in the river i was getting drunk on a tube floating down a slow moving river and listening to steve miller band and i got too much water on my phone

I was going to ask "Y tho," but asked and answered

The phone died an honorable death, do not mourn its passing

Would that we could all meet the same end

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Nooner posted:

Do NOT get a pixel 4 this is the worst loving phone ever I hate it I hate it with my life

The three was so loving awesome but then I forgot it was in my pocket and got in a pool and it died.
i meant pixel 5 or maybe i just keep getting my pixel 3 fixed

any ways, heres me and my phone whist being dunked

i had a dry bag for my bose speaker, and i shoulda just put my phone in there too but i wanted to take pics

RIP PIXEL 3 :patriot:

https://i.imgur.com/2z3mCjr.mp4

you can see the phone in the beer holder which had water at the bottom, its just getting soggy whoopsie dhoopsie

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

numberoneposter posted:

i meant pixel 5 or maybe i just keep getting my pixel 3 fixed

any ways, heres me and my phone whist being dunked

i had a dry bag for my bose speaker, and i shoulda just put my phone in there too but i wanted to take pics

RIP PIXEL 3 :patriot:

https://i.imgur.com/2z3mCjr.mp4

you can see the phone in the beer holder which had water at the bottom, its just getting soggy whoopsie dhoopsie

Whether your phone was a joker, a smoker, or a midnight toker, I think all know it didn't want to hurt no one

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring

banana phone

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
Hope you got ten bux

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

numberoneposter posted:

that sucks condolences but it's probably toast.

last august we were in hawaii/oahu and i went outside our hotel to swim in the ko'olina lagoon and i forgot i had my iphone 6s zipped in my swimshorts pocket and just walked into the lagoon, and swam back and started looking for my phone in a bag and welp. i tried to salvage it but it was done for. i think i was really drunk. I loving loved that phone and home button is the best.

was worth it tho, water was hella nice

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
steve miller band sucks OP

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
OP please keep us posted on your situation. Thoughts and prayers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
one of my greatest fears is dropping my cell phone in the toilet