Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

I've seen NXT near sell out the arena here in Newcastle and this is before they even had TV.
I'm sure AEW would do fine here especially if PAC was in the main event program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm just imagining PAC as a fiery hometown babyface and :allears:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

"YAAAAAAA!!! YAAAAA GET 'IM YA KOONT!!!!"

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Back when they were doing a weekly show, Defiant had his first post-WWE match in Newcastle on an episode of Loaded. Compared to the rest of the show the crowd sounded like they'd doubled in size and tripled in volume.

(sadly the match is now unwatchable as his opponent was David Starr, but at the time it was a huge reaction)

For full effect you'd have to get a Geordie to do his introduction, just to go "He is... a BASTARD!"

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Rarity posted:

PAC winning the title off of Moxley in the UK. :sigh:

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Lamuella posted:

For full effect you'd have to get a Geordie to do his introduction, just to go "He is... a BASTARD!"

Coward Tony should pay whatever Bob Mortimer wants to do it in his exaggerated geordie accent.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I wonder what cities AEW will run when they eventually get to Canada. Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver are givens and I expect they would run Winnipeg as well. It’ll be interesting to see if they try running the prairies or maritime though. WCW never bothered running those areas and never really made inroads in Canada.

I could see Hamilton maybe. I dunno, are Edmonton and Calgary good markets for wrestling anymore?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I could see Hamilton maybe. I dunno, are Edmonton and Calgary good markets for wrestling anymore?

I think WWE attendance has dropped a fair bit in Alberta. They were in the fancy new arena in Edmonton in 2019 but were in a smaller venue in 2017. They used to run shows yearly or so with some TV and PPVs but lately it's been more sporadic house shows.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I think WWE attendance has dropped a fair bit in Alberta. They were in the fancy new arena in Edmonton in 2019 but were in a smaller venue in 2017. They used to run shows yearly or so with some TV and PPVs but lately it's been more sporadic house shows.

Has it outpaced WWE's drop everywhere else though? I feel like we're not too far out from WWE being unable to draw at the Scotiabank Arena here in Toronto and will be relegated to the Coca Cola Coliseum (former Ricoh) for Raws if trends continue.

Then again Toronto fans will pay for anything (Summerslam last year sold out in seconds), so maybe they can run Scotia forever.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

Has it outpaced WWE's drop everywhere else though? I feel like we're not too far out from WWE being unable to draw at the Scotiabank Arena here in Toronto and will be relegated to the Coca Cola Coliseum (former Ricoh) for Raws if trends continue.

Then again Toronto fans will pay for anything (Summerslam last year sold out in seconds), so maybe they can run Scotia forever.

I don't know if it's a steeper drop than elsewhere, but the return on investment is lower when you have to travel so far between cities.

Cody has a good relationship with our local promotion (he drew with the champ when he was ROH champ) and AEW talent were regularly taking bookings here pre-COVID, so hopefully they'll run shows up here.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

they'll absolutely hit winnipeg given jericho and omega are from here. kennys also pretty tight with the one local promotion we still seem to have so they'll have a in

dunno where they'll run though, bell MTS centre is apparently expensive to run at and there aren't really any mid-sized venues here anymore. coward tony has deep pockets at least.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

hooman posted:

Good lord he is actually a goblin isn't he.

They prefer the term Uruk-hai

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/GothicLolly/status/1294281938119925760?s=19

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Jeff Cobb did an interview with Fightful and he was asked about why he hasn’t been back in AEW since February, was very cagey about it but ultimately landed on saying “traveling to Florida really isn’t on my to do list right now.”

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Spoilers are going around but it seems they're not fully true so beware of twitter for a good week.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Should probably have provided the full context my dude...

https://twitter.com/GothicLolly/status/1294290900684865537

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Wrong thread

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Joey McChrist posted:

they'll absolutely hit winnipeg given jericho and omega are from here. kennys also pretty tight with the one local promotion we still seem to have so they'll have a in

dunno where they'll run though, bell MTS centre is apparently expensive to run at and there aren't really any mid-sized venues here anymore. coward tony has deep pockets at least.

Outdoor show at the forks. The show can end with the Inner Circle getting thrown in the river. Matt Cardona will miss the show due to haggling for AWA figures at the antique mall.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

blunt posted:

We could have had Moxley/PAC headlining Fyter Fest in the UK...
someone post the achewood of this

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I bet PAC is on something but not something normal like steroids or hgh.

You only get that body by like, injecting geode dust into your eyes or something.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

projecthalaxy posted:

You only get that body by like, injecting geode dust into your eyes or something.
It's just hyper low body fat + roids, possibly good genetics or possibly he enjoys the pain of torturing himself with that tier of dieting.

And given wrestlers I'm almost certain it's the latter.

I miss PAC :(

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

:yeah:

projecthalaxy posted:

He uses the blood of children who try to cross his bridge.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

jesus WEP posted:

someone post the achewood of this

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it’s beautiful :gonk:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Spiderdrake posted:

It's just hyper low body fat + roids, possibly good genetics or possibly he enjoys the pain of torturing himself with that tier of dieting.

And given wrestlers I'm almost certain it's the latter.

I miss PAC :(

He goes by "PAC" because he's had a six pack since he was a teen, but yeah, the current look is pretty extreme.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Outdoor show at the forks. The show can end with the Inner Circle getting thrown in the river. Matt Cardona will miss the show due to haggling for AWA figures at the antique mall.

How many Winnipeg goons are in this thread?!

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Wezlar posted:

I’m in Regina, but seem to end up in the Peg at least once a year.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if they do dynamite in 'Peg they need to hold a Goldenboy Cup match between kenny and jericho with the winner receiving a trophy shaped like The Goldenboy, with Goldenboy on commentary.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Whatever it takes to get goldenboy back on commentary

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Jackie D posted:

Whatever it takes to get goldenboy back on commentary

Hasn't Goldenboy not taken a full-time position because he literally makes more money calling videogame tourneys? I vaguely remember reading that but I dunno how true it is.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Hasn't Goldenboy not taken a full-time position because he literally makes more money calling videogame tourneys? I vaguely remember reading that but I dunno how true it is.

isn't he on Titan Games?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Wezlar posted:

I'm Winnipeg adjacent too. I live in Thunder Bay, 5.5 hrs away. If an AEW show ran in 'Peg I'd absolutely go.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

At the very least he’s still on the roster page and we know they were just in there making edits.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

At the very least he’s still on the roster page and we know they were just in there making edits.

To be fair so is Earl Hebner.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

blunt posted:

To be fair so is Earl Hebner.

I don't think Earl ever got released, did he?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I just hope there's a replay of Dynamite next week later that night. I work 12-8:30 and saturdays are the busiest days for my job. :(

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Anyone know when Jericho recorded his podcast with Conrad that dropped today? He's congested as gently caress :tinfoil:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

Anyone know when Jericho recorded his podcast with Conrad that dropped today? He's congested as gently caress :tinfoil:

Would he have come down with Bischoff during the last set of tapings?

Edit: Oh wait, listened to a bit of it, Conrad isn't there in person. So who the gently caress knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pylons posted:

Would he have come down with Bischoff during the last set of tapings?

If you think you're coming down with Bischoff you should really self-isolate for 14 days.