Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
Damian Lillard is the control group that proves that superstars forcing their way off middling teams to win a championship have done the correct thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
There were like 60 games pre-bubble where the suns mostly stunk they can get lost imo

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

MourningView posted:

There were like 60 games pre-bubble where the suns mostly stunk they can get lost imo

I agree, hope they turn a corner next year though. I was shocked how close the Portland Brooklyn game turned out.
Seems like a given they win on Saturday but i'm thinking they might be gassed.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I just remember him doing stuff like playing Boykins alongside AI for long stretches.

Don't hate on that, the Boykins/AI backcourt was like watching someone get attacked by a swarm of killer bees and was great.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

kingcobweb posted:

You mentioned Lawson's alcholism, but what makes it even sadder to me is that it seems pretty clear he's been an alcoholic since his college days, at the latest. He got cited for driving slightly under the legal limit while still in college, and then he kept not showing up to court dates for other incidents of reckless driving. Seems pretty clear he was just driving drunk constantly for years and years and years.

I will be a George Karl Defender when it comes to those Nuggets teams. It's not like he had a huge amount of talent and squandered it; he had depth, but that was about it. The year they won 57 games, Gallo was their best player, and he didn't play a minute against the Warriors. The next year, without Karl, Iggy, or Gallo, they won 36 games.

I dunno I think he squandered the AI team. The starting 5 was pretty great: lots of scoring punch with AI and Melo, tough interior defense with K-Mart and Camby in prime DPOY form and then he had prime JR and Nene coming off the bench. Of course they lost in the first round.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
The play in thing was cool and it beyond the bubble reasoning it made for a bit more fun in the west and was smartly setup to not matter for the poop bottom of the east.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Veryslightlymad posted:

Don't hate on that, the Boykins/AI backcourt was like watching someone get attacked by a swarm of killer bees and was great.

I went googling to find some highlights of that backcourt, and stumbled across a discussion board featuring several Tae prototypes:

ESPN Chat posted:

Eli (tallmadge,ohio)

I think that carmello will be iversons igoudala

I think LeBron James should be on the scoring list

Rob (Baltimore)

i think gilbery arenas is the best player in the nba this season he will lead in scoring

Daniel (Gaithersburg,Maryland)

I Love the Wizards but after what they did last night just makes me want to love them more.I mean stopping the suns 15 game winning streak.That shows that the Wizards are a worthy of being NBA champions

luke NC

The nuggets will make it to the finals and get a ring if they pass good, get back on defense, and use there skills correctly they have.

A.I. is the greatest gaurd in the nba and always will be. Him and Carmelo will make it to the finals and get a ring. The back court of A.I. and boykins is to good along with Carmelos 31 points per game.

Bryan (Baltimore)

why is Koby hateing on areanas

STEV (OREGON)

IS A.I THE BEST PLAER ON THE NUGGETS?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

Rodney Stuckey also looked a lot more like a decentish lead guard of the future for a minute, but he hurt himself and was poo poo afterwards

Joe's other Sin was firing carlisle for next town Brown, I think they may have ended up a little bit more succesful with him, but that's purely a hypothetical. Carlisle wouldn't have left Robert horry wide open in the corner I can tell you that

Wasn’t Carlisle’s firing due to some bizarre personal issue between him and the president of Palace Sports and Entertainment?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dejan Bimble posted:

I'm glad Javon Carter is rounding into the player we hoped he'd be out of WV, a tenacious 2nd/3rd pg who doesn't gently caress his team up while the starters are out..

Watching how confused and annoyed opposing guards get when he picks them up full court and pesters them all the way down has been pretty funny.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1294263263514042370?s=21

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1294263415343648770?s=19

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

f

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The day the time clock stopped

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

end of an era

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Someone check on Mangles

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

No our unlimited source for hilarity is dead. :sigh:

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Whoah

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Hey Knicks... Still need a head coach!?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
They massacred my boylen

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Poque posted:

They massacred my boylen

I’VE ABANDONED MY BOYLEN

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I hope Lauri doesn't blame himself.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

why fire boylen now and not, i dunno, at any point in the previous year and a half

Papercut posted:

I'm not gonna talk poo poo about JET, but Dame's playoff success would probably look a little different if he'd been playing next to prime Dirk this whole time.

i will freely talk poo poo about jason terry: gently caress jason terry, overrated, tattoo was the only cool thing he ever did then he immediately hosed that up too

broke man’s louwill and his head’s too loving round

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Gobias Ind. posted:

Someone check on Mangles

I think I can hear Dexo yelling all the way across then country.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

MourningView posted:

No, they were really good at the start of the year too. They stunk intensely during mid season.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Metapod posted:

The day the time clock stopped

I'm picturing him punching out one last time

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ladies and gentlemen we got 'em

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Declan MacManus posted:

why fire boylen now and not, i dunno, at any point in the previous year and a half

Reinsdorf is extremely cheap and needed 18 months of pressure to be convinced to pay 2 coaches at once

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

ladies and gentlemen we got 'em

Post the picture

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
"Jim, at this point in the season, it's clear that we did not make the playoffs. This is unacceptable."

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

Post the picture

i don't have it on my phone!!!!!!!!!!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Are we sure they just didn't fire Jim Boylan?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/JCowleyHoops/status/1294268238394789888?s=20

Let the back-channel shittalking begin

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
I am neither juiced, nor jacked about this news.

Godspeed you uncle fester looking bastard.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

TY

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Now this is going to be fun!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022