Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
had a dream last night in which ben franklin was passionately necking with henry david thoreau. for some reason nachos before bed always make me dream about old timey fella trysts :shrug:

anyways i woke up thinkin bout nature and walden pond and transcendentalism in general. pls post nature and old timey philosophy or w/e in honor of my favorite book Walden ITT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

"When I wrote the following pages, or rather the bulk of them, I lived alone, in the woods, a mile from any neighbor, in a house which I had built myself, on the shore of Walden Pond, in Concord, Massachusetts, and earned my living by the labor of my hands only. I lived there two years and two months. At present I am a sojourner in civilized life again, although there is nothing civilized about the raw animalistic love that I share with Ben Franklin."

Areola Grande

The mass of men lead lives of quiet GBSness

tyvm Justa Dandelion and Ravenous Scoot

Escape From Noise

I had a dream last night
'Cause it looked just like a dream
I had a dream last night
But it looked unlike a dream

Mercy, mercy, I'm made of parts
Make me a suit so I can get it off
Heaven help my head is spin'n round
Stop this airplane cause I got to get down

I had a dream last night, and it fit me like a glove
Here's to the Montagues, John Wayne, and Bette Davis
And Romeo, he waved before this chorus girl and beggars hair

Juliet is up in heaven, a pocket full of pills
And Jesus drives to Mexico, to get her prescription filled
I was a scream last night

It was getting kinda fun (yeah, rock out, whatever)
I had a dream last night, because she looked just like a dream
She was on fire last night, and I was breathing gasoline

I had to scream last night
Lord of Love
I didn't know where to shake my butt

Walked backwards, hosed like a fox
I was more hosed up than your sister's tackle box
Three a.m. at five o'clock
And one of us leaves, and I got shot!

Shot me down
Yeah, whatever, rock out
That's it, that's my rhyme, take it to the streets, biatch

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
i am vast. i contain multitudes (of shitposts)

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

frump truck

hello... again!

Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box
Religion is the smile on a dog
I'm not aware of too many things
I know what I know, make out with Franklin

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
*Thoreau's mother, sighing as she comes over to his custom-built log cabin to drop off his lunch and do his laundry for him*: Henry, when are you going to stop making these erotic woodcuts of ben franklin and get a real job?

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Prof. Crocodile posted:

"When I wrote the following pages, or rather the bulk of them, I lived alone, in the woods, a mile from any neighbor, in a house which I had built myself, on the shore of Walden Pond, in Concord, Massachusetts, and earned my living by the labor of my hands only. I lived there two years and two months. At present I am a sojourner in civilized life again, although there is nothing civilized about the raw animalistic love that I share with Ben Franklin."

magic cactus posted:

*Thoreau's mother, sighing as she comes over to his custom-built log cabin to drop off his lunch and do his laundry for him*: Henry, when are you going to stop making these erotic woodcuts of ben franklin and get a real job?

Areola Grande

a man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone. by this measure i shall remain a pauper in terms of discreet, backwoods handies

Prof. Crocodile

prepuce repurposed posted:

a man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone. by this measure i shall remain a pauper in terms of discreet, backwoods handies

idiotsavant

had a dream last night in which ben franklin was passionately necking with henry david thoreau. for some reason nachos before bed always make me dream about old timey fella trysts :shrug:

anyways i woke up thinkin bout nature and walden pond and transcendentalism in general. pls post nature and old timey philosophy or w/e in honor of my favorite book Walden ITT

how bout this instead https://the-toast.net/2013/09/17/oscar-wilde-and-walt-whitman-did-it/

Areola Grande

is it me or is it getting hot in here mercy

Twenty Four

*Laying on the ground outside in the woods at night in the cold and writing it down just to prove a point!*

Prof. Crocodile

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I had a dream last night
'Cause it looked just like a dream
I had a dream last night
But it looked unlike a dream

Mercy, mercy, I'm made of parts
Make me a suit so I can get it off
Heaven help my head is spin'n round
Stop this airplane cause I got to get down

Here's to the Montagues, John Wayne, and Bette Davis
And Romeo, he waved before this chorus girl and beggars hair

Juliet is up in heaven, a pocket full of pills
And Jesus drives to Mexico, to get her prescription filled
I was a scream last night

It was getting kinda fun (yeah, rock out, whatever)
She was on fire last night, and I was breathing gasoline

I had to scream last night
Lord of Love
I didn't know where to shake my butt

Walked backwards, hosed like a fox
I was more hosed up than your sister's tackle box
Three a.m. at five o'clock
And one of us leaves, and I got shot!

Shot me down
Yeah, whatever, rock out

oh gently caress me i completely forgot about this song, off to spotify

Areola Grande

believe it or not the pokemon we all know and love as Dewgong was invented in this my favorite book Walden

Areola Grande

If u had 2 build a 15x8 foot log cabin what tree would u use byob. Test ur knowledge of the Concord woods ITT

nut

haven't read walden but i've listened to bon iver ipso facto i'd build the log cabin out of the red sticks that come with the snack packs of crackers and cheez spread

Prof. Crocodile

update: that butthole surfers song is not on spotify and i that makes me unchill

and i think i would use pine trees for my cabin op

Areola Grande

nut posted:

haven't read walden but i've listened to bon iver ipso facto i'd build the log cabin out of the red sticks that come with the snack packs of crackers and cheez spread

why read when u can just listen

https://librivox.org/walden-by-henry-david-thoreau/

I listen to this public domain audiobook every year as autumn begins. It's a tradition of mine. I care more about his descriptions of nature than his philosophy personally

Areola Grande

Prof. Crocodile posted:

update: that butthole surfers song is not on spotify and i that makes me unchill

good choice pine was the most popular timber used for nineteenth century cabins built in North America

also what butthole surfers song :confused:

Escape From Noise

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Spotify has a pretty crap collection of Butthole Surfers iirc. By which I mean they have one song and that's it. It's a good song but I mean come on!

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Prof. Crocodile

good choice pine was the most popular timber used for nineteenth century cabins built in North America

also what butthole surfers song :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkXdeUjM1pc

this is not a derail bc i feel this would be hd thoreau's favorite butthole surfers song

Areola Grande

Man that Romeo + Juliet soundtrack just won't quit

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped.
Walden was really jarring for me because I had been mulling over whether it was possible to live out an adequate life self-sufficiently. Not for my own wilderness dreams mind you. For the impact this might have on several premises of Lockean economic philosophy.

Then I learn no this was not the conclusive experiment either way. It was the half-assed Myth Busters version of such an experiment where the exceptions made to simplify things actually put the whole result into question.

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped.

Man that Romeo + Juliet soundtrack just won't quit

I am currently listening to a half hour Stay Schemin remix but if I wasn't I might be listening to one of several good Radiohead songs on that soundtrack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissed Ape Sexist

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Shot me down
Yeah, whatever, rock out

For the past like 15 years I remembered these lines very specifically but my brain tied them to the fadeout at the end of 88 Lines About 44 Women. Every time I heard that song I thought somebody incepted the phrase 'that's my rhyme, take it to the streets, beeyotch' into my brain somewhere in the past because it just wasn't there despite being so clear in my mind. Thank you for helping me re-surf my brain's butthole