Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who will reign supreme
chipotle
qdoba
moe's
gently caress all this poo poo i'm going to taco bell
some other local bullshit chain no one cares about
View Results

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
lets start this fuckin flamewar !!! chipotle sucks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TheAardvark posted:

lets start this fuckin flamewar !!! chipotle sucks rear end

If you like what Chipotle does, they do it better than the other two but there’s a lot of stuff they don’t do. All the Qdobas around here are rat infested shitholes so Moe’s gets my preference of the two.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I have only had Chipotle and Qdoba and Chipotle has way more flavor than Qdoba :colbert:

that doesn't make it GOOD, mind you

The advantage of Qdoba is that it's more economical because all the toppings are free, like quac and queso. plus they have weird stuff like bacon

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
moe's has :siren: black olives :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
chipotle is terrible

never been to qdoba, dont have them around here

moe's queso is A++ 5 stars would bathe in again. we have a clear winner

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
moe's queso is really damned good. i like to order the nachos w/ an extra scoop of queso (and a million other toppings)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Honestly the whole genre sucks. I don't want a giant burrito stuffed with 70% rice and 30% dry unseasoned meats. Both a proper burrito from a Mexican or Tex-Mex restaurant, or a taco bell stadium nacho cheese willy wonka creation, are better.

Also wtf is with the liquid sour cream?

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Also wtf is with the liquid sour cream?

It'S cReMa, KaReN

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I know everything in fast food is made by reheating it in a plastic bag submerged in near boiling water but I got some of chipotle's new queso (because their old stuff was terrible and I had to try), and the guy yelled to the back "HEY WE NEED MORE QUESO" at which point the cook was like "I gotchu" and pulled a big bag of the stuff out of a pot with some tongs and just unceremoniously chucked it on the prep table where it kinda glopped around like flubber for a second. It, uh, didn't make me super stoked to try it.

Wasn't terrible though! Their chips on the other hand were stale as hell as usual and had clearly been sitting there for hours.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Aug 14, 2020

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

explosivo posted:

I know everything in fast food is made by reheating it in a plastic bag submerged in near boiling water but I got some of chipotle's new queso (because their old stuff was terrible and I had to try), and the guy yelled to the back "HEY WE NEED MORE QUESO" at which point the cook was like "I gotchu" and pulled a big bag of the stuff out of a pot with some tongs and just unceremoniously chucked it on the prep table where it kinda glopped around like flubber for a second. It, uh, didn't make me super stoked to try it.

Wasn't terrible though! Their chips on the other hand were stale as hell as usual and had clearly been sitting there for hours.

Chipotle’s first queso tasted like dirt and I’m not terribly inclined to give them another chance on it. Wish they’d bring back chorizo.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Midjack posted:

Chipotle’s first queso tasted like dirt and I’m not terribly inclined to give them another chance on it. Wish they’d bring back chorizo.

Yeah it was awful and gritty in a way that made me get it a second time just to make sure that it wasn't hosed up the first time around. The new stuff is much better, although it's still way too expensive and not at all worth it.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Honestly the whole genre sucks. I don't want a giant burrito stuffed with 70% rice and 30% dry unseasoned meats.
Then don't order one and get something you like? The genre is built around customization.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
yeah lol my go to order at burrito places has 0 rice and 0 meat so I don't know about all that

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

post your orders

Chipotle: bowl with tortilla on the side, white rice, black beans, barbacoa, fajita veggies, pico, corn, and hot salsas, cheese

Qdoba: bowl with tortilla on the side, white rice, pinto beans, shredded pork, fajita veggies, pico, corn, hot and habanero salsas, cheese, guac, cilantro, jalapenos, maybe a side of queso

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
burrito on flour

black beans and pinto (or all black beans)

grilled veggies

queso

guacamole, sour cream

jalapenos, black olives, pico de gallo, corn salsa

"a whole handful of cilantro please"

and hot sauce

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Chipotle: bowl/burrito with brown rice, black bean, chicken, hot salsa, sour cream, cheese, and lettuce.

Qdoba: never had a regular thing and quit going when rats in the dining area outnumbered guests.

Moe’s: chicken ranch quesadilla.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Moe's: homewrecker, half chicken half beef, rice, pinto beans, salsa, cheese, sour cream, guac, onions, cilantro, side cup of queso

dip chip in queso, drizzle excess on burrito, eat chip, bite burrito, repeat

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Chipotle: Bowl - Chicken, double brown rice, no beans, sour cream, romaine lettuce, queso blanco, double cheese, tortilla on the side. Salsa at home.

Moes: Joey Bag of Donuts, half steak, half chicken, rice, pinto beans, cheese, tomatoes, fresh and pickled jalapenos, drench in Moe's Hard Rock'n'Roll.

kumba posted:

Moe's: homewrecker, half chicken half beef

learning I could go halves on burrito meats was such a revelation to me.

tetsuo fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Aug 14, 2020

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
drat it i bought groceries yesterday and now all i want to do is go spend $10 on a burrito the size of a small cat

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

tetsuo posted:

Moes: Joey Bag of Donuts

please explain

I want donuts now damnit

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Crusty Nutsack posted:

please explain

I want donuts now damnit

Moe’s menu items all have stupid Seinfeld names. I think that one is a burrito.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I quite like Chipotle. I usually get a bowl and a side of chips to dip. The chips themselves have a little lime flavor that synergizes excellently with the chipotle tobasco.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

around here there’s only chipotle and pancheros, which has awesome tortillas and queso but the people working at my local always look like they’re waiting for the sweet release of death so I assume working there sucks and avoid making their day worse by going there often

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
For me, I don't give a singular gently caress about the.actual food from Chipotle, I only care that they have scientifically developed the only food upon which Chipotle Tabasco is really good???

I would never use that sauce on any other food, but give me a burrito bowl (tortillas on the side, obvs) and I'll kill two bottles

black magic

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

postmodifier posted:

For me, I don't give a singular gently caress about the.actual food from Chipotle, I only care that they have scientifically developed the only food upon which Chipotle Tabasco is really good???

I would never use that sauce on any other food, but give me a burrito bowl (tortillas on the side, obvs) and I'll kill two bottles

black magic

Yes

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Freebirds, bitch

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

postmodifier posted:

black magic

This is a good point.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Counter point, it's excellent on frozen taquitos.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I like Chipotle because for 10 bucks you get a day's worth of food, and they actually bother seasoning their meat.

Qdoba is bland as gently caress and the only Moe's remotely near me was replaced with a Five Guys so I haven't had that in well over a decade.

Baja Fresh is decent but mostly they have the best salsa choices. all of their burritos are always grilled though which is kind of bizarre and it makes the sour cream all warm which is gross e: it looks like they changed this but I swear it used to be the case

----------------

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

for whatever reason though like every Chipotle has started having lovely chips in the past couple years

or it's just all the locations nearby with me moving around

like their chips are perfectly fine if they're cooked right, albeit nothing special, but they're always overcooked or kind of stale and once they were even undercooked which was disgusting

----------------

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Been years since I've been to a chipotle, but I remember liking their chips because where was lime salt/flavoring of some sort on there. Is that still the case?

Back when I was doing a lot of online pick-up orders for chipotle I gave my order presets dumbshit names. I didn't realize that the person putting together the order saw those names. One of the presets was called "Robot Palm Tree" and the person actually drew one on the top of the aluminum bowl topper thingy.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fartington Butts posted:

Been years since I've been to a chipotle, but I remember liking their chips because where was lime salt/flavoring of some sort on there. Is that still the case?

The chips still have that flavor, yes.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

They've just also been sitting on the shelf for the last couple of hours

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Wow, no Tijuana Flats love in this thread. :(

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Yeah, I bet you like underpaid employees straining their vocal chords to welcome you to their restaurant anytime you walk in

Bougie Fuckers

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

Fartington Butts posted:

Back when I was doing a lot of online pick-up orders for chipotle I gave my order presets dumbshit names. I didn't realize that the person putting together the order saw those names. One of the presets was called "Robot Palm Tree" and the person actually drew one on the top of the aluminum bowl topper thingy.

Where are the god drat pics mr butts?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
WELCOME TO MOE'S

i'll take qdoba too

chipotle just doesn't have the same level of "florida tex-mex" flavor to it (slather it in grease and cheese)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
today's order from a local chain (illegal pete's)

don't ask about the ranch I can't resist trying things I didn't know were options before

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

anything named gambler's sauce feels like fair game even if it is ranch

how was it

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I worked at a place called Salsaritas in college that was this same style and although my boss was insane the food was good