Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Warbird posted:

Oh man this is going to be sick for the coming anti-capitalism arc. Who’s the eyepatch fellow?

He's the protagonist of Chobits I guess? I had to look it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Ah, that makes sense. I'm not super familiar with the property, but I'm sure some of our more japanimation savvy goons can fill me in.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

they're on button is their vagina

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Sid Vicious posted:

same, frankly

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

Sid Vicious posted:

Like a troll doll?

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Johnny-on-the-Spot posted:

Like a troll doll?

You know how some toys have a little tab you have to pull out to engage the batteries? It’s the opposite of that.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Deki posted:

Well okay then, but this one's your fault then :D

Ah ha! Something new has been added!

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
only True megaman fans will know what the gently caress I'm talking about

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
The Brazillian moon with a thong is inspired.

Deki fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Aug 15, 2020

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Deki posted:

The Brazillian moon with a thong is inspired.

There's probably some ritual that they needed to wait for the waxing moon to start.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

only True megaman fans will know what the gently caress I'm talking about

oh no.

oh no no no no no no no no no no no

yes

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Oh dear, I had only ever been to the MMBR page of that site. I didn’t know all of that was a thing. Though it certainly explains some of the writing on that page. Godman help us all.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

You ever have an idea, realize partway through that it's a bad idea, yet keep going anyway?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
But I see no evidence of a bad idea here?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I was going to draw a megaman comic before I went to sleep but this is as far as I got before I got tired

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Wait, why is Bendytoots in Homestuck makeup?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Procrastine posted:

You ever have an idea, realize partway through that it's a bad idea, yet keep going anyway?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

I really appreciate the elegant simplicity of the sign just reading BALLS in that font.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I’m laughing but I’ve also completely lost the bubble on what the hell is going on.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Applewhite posted:

I’m laughing but I’ve also completely lost the bubble on what the hell is going on.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I have a page I wanna do of the Roll and the ex-Robo harem.
Also the Onceler belongs here more than I could ever fathom.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Das Boo posted:

I have a page I wanna do of the Roll and the ex-Robo harem.
Also the Onceler belongs here more than I could ever fathom.

I'll go after you because I'm pretty tapped for ideas at the moment. I was literally about to just fill a page with tits.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
I will have some time during the week, so I will go after you guys.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Ooooh it's a Tumblr thing. The shading on the green fellow's nose should have tipped me off. Maybe don't google Onceler, turns out folks is horny for this *checks notes* Dr. Seuss story adaptation side character?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Warbird posted:

Ooooh it's a Tumblr thing. The shading on the green fellow's nose should have tipped me off. Maybe don't google Onceler, turns out folks is horny for this *checks notes* Dr. Seuss story adaptation side character?

There were no other sexy characters in the movie so the fandom shipped him with himself.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Das Boo posted:

There were no other sexy characters in the movie so the fandom shipped him with himself.

What was the shipping name? Oncest? Incler?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Das Boo posted:

why do you know these things

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Regalingualius posted:

why do you know these things

Maybe because she hasn’t been living under a rock? :jerkbag:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Imagine not knowing the erotic history of the Onceler character from the extremely successful Lorax franchise.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

If anyone wants a glimpse at the tip of the iceberg: https://heritageposts.tumblr.com/tagged/onceler/chrono

quote:

there’s the onceler. he puts on green suit. he is still the onceler, but also the greedler. he is greedy. they are the same character but also different persons. simple. greedler sad? be becomes bitteronceler or darkler. easy to understand. they are all the onceler. sometimes they fall in love but they are still the onceler. onceler has swag? he’s the swaggler. still the onceler. onceler is a pimp? he’s the pimpler. he has weird sharkteeth now, but he’s still the onceler. he is mean. but sometimes? sometimes he is nice. he then becomes gentle-pimp-greelder. easy. oncler becomes spider? spiderler. he has six arms but he’s still the onceler. oncler is wolf? wolfler. your onceler sleep paralysis demon? maybe creepler. there’s a oncler who’s a canibal. he is always covered in blood. he is also the onceler. reasonable. if the blood is ink he’s the inkler. he doesn’t have blood? he’s the the mechanical greedler. of this we can all agree.

they are all the onceler. they are in love sometimes—with themselves who are not themselves—but they are still the onceler. but then? then they go to summercamp. camp weehawken. and then they go to highschool. they attend university. perhaps they get a PHD. i’m not sure. the oncelers who are all the onceler stops being the onceler. they are deoncelerized. some oncelers are not the onceler anymore but they are still called the onceler. but the new oncelers are very different from the one onceler. some are involved in the zombie apocalypse. are they also the oncler? maybe. but they are also not the oneceler. but they all come from one onceler. so they are the oncler. but they are also removed from the one onceler due to deoncelerization. this? this is confusing.

the oncelers who are the onceler are the oncler but also not all oncelers are the onceler. we simply have to accept this.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Procrastine posted:

If anyone wants a glimpse at the tip of the iceberg: https://heritageposts.tumblr.com/tagged/onceler/chrono

:hmmno:

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Das Boo posted:

Remember when they shipped him with Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians and this (not hyperbolically) caused an enormous shipping war within Tumblr because this angered every single Frozen fan who shipped Jack Frost with Elsa, and the fallout of this was the beginning of the end of the whole shipping fandom and Superwholock stranglehold's on Tumblr?

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Hostile V posted:

Remember when they shipped him with Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians and this (not hyperbolically) caused an enormous shipping war within Tumblr because this angered every single Frozen fan who shipped Jack Frost with Elsa, and the fallout of this was the beginning of the end of the whole shipping fandom and Superwholock stranglehold's on Tumblr?

:eyepop: this is new tumblr lore I was not aware of

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Hostile V posted:

I don't remember this and I feel like I am the type of person overinformed about shipping fandoms.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hostile V posted:

lmao

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvh215x67Aw

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Shipping wars make zero sense. It's not like cartoon characters are a limited resource.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Applewhite posted:

Shipping wars make zero sense. It's not like cartoon characters are a limited resource.

On the other hand the term “one true pairing” also exists.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Midjack posted:

On the other hand the term “one true pairing” also exists.

Well yeah but I thought that was reserved for the pairing canonized in the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Applewhite posted:

Well yeah but I thought that was reserved for the pairing canonized in the show.

Not the way I see it used, but I’m also not really part of fandom so I may only be catching glimpses of the edges.