Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prof. Crocodile

idk if i want to watch these videos now or just keep reading your posting because this sounds weird as f in my imagination and i almost don't want to encounter the reality right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!

Song fits nicely with a kind of whirlwind of fame vibe.

Night vision
Band worn out and imprisioned by fame
Very reflective and quiet start to music

oh it's just an interlude, barely anything happened

Superheroes
Staight out house music vibe, everyone loves the band but they're tired of the circus

Mytserious cloaked stranger has arrived, I think he's the good rescuer, but he's going to deprive the stadium of people of their concert!

Lol he arrived in a rocket pack but he escaped in a Nissan Homy wtf

Aw goodish guy was lasered

Jaguars!

High life

Sort of a high fashion vogue photo shoot, The bad fatcat guy still has the band girl and is now using her for nefarious fashion purposes.

oh, it's the grammys or whatever

Ooh, daft punk making an appearance as themselves

Ah, last minute the little drummer kid unbrainwashes her an they get away in a taxi

Something about you

Very laid back pop song with a slight bedroom funk groove
So rescuer must have survived, but he's circling the drain now, the band is now together and free, he's done it all for band girl, having a little fantasy dance now, it's nice. I think band girl's character is designed specifically to look very cute when sad.

Voyager

Love this, it's exactly the sort of bittersweet house groove I've gotten into over the last few year, the band is back in the nissan homie, now I understand why eveything is lovely scenery only they've got a dead body in the back

Jaguars!

Band, btw, consists of generic white guy, cute girl, afro guy and pudgy kid drummer. The drawing style is very anime but the actual stuff depicted is pretty much entirely european, it not set in japan like every other anime i've ever seen.

Veridis Quo

We find the bad guys at Darkwood Manor lol. This music is more funereal then the funeral in the last video to, lots of plot exposition, bad producer is part of a cult it seems

Jaguars!

Producer seems to have sacrificed his clone who may have been mozart

Prof. Crocodile

okay this is now at the top of my list of things to watch/listen to

Jaguars!

It seems producer has been cloning people into musicians to obtain gold records to destroy the universe or something like that. God I love musical allegories

Jaguars!

Short Circuit

Another intro using '80s synth tones. Band is getting away in the Homy after producer fell into lava trying to grab his gold record.

Biblical tome comes with convenient minidisc memory

Ooh, Afro guy's turn to shine, he's infiltrating a building

Lol the guards are busy watching football

Stealing the master for one more time

Oh, he got knocked out and turned blue, band has been caught again

Jaguars!

Face to Face

Second to last song, kind of a little bland so far, TV report on band, authorities are piecing together bad guys plot,

ah, the memory card tells everyone what happened, The world is happy and is sending the band home now

These city scapes seem more japanese after what I said earlier

Spaceship launches on a monorail, they head home

Too Long

They transferred to a flying v guitar shaped spaceship

Going through a wormhole, black cloud is following,

Now being attacked by spirit of producer

They've powered through,

Girl has retrospective on rescuer

music is slow building house

general retrospective on plot

Space nebulae etc

flying through a meteor field

have timed beer nicely to finish

band having a jam as they approach home planet

Contact is made, much joy

Ah, 9 minute song, we got about 4 miute s of celebration

Jaguars!

Home, time for a gig

Cheesy power of rock visuals are much better in their natural home, at the crescendo of a dance music sone after 4miutes of build up

Everone in the universe is happy even nice producer who had the master tape and worked out the truth

Waves good bye

Zoom out through univers to daft punk record in a room with a child sleeping

end, I am sweating like a pig through typing, had to take my jersey off

Jaguars!

Ratings:

Plot: 3/5, competently executed but fairly standard musicians against the corporate machine allegory

Music: 5/5 not perfect but this is a classic of the genre for a reason. A number of hits that I'm familiar with and like at various intensities. New listens Voyager and Aerodynamic will stay on my playlists for a long time. Last two songs don't grab me by the gut. I much prefer the instrumentals in general

Cheesyness: This should have been so cheesy but it's not, it suits the concept album format v. well, it's reasonable that alien people can exist and do things in what i've always felt is a spacy, fantastical genre. The climax has some anime cliches in it. Much better than say, Styx's attempt at the same thing

Visuals: 4.5/5 I guess like most of the target audience I have good associations with this type of art. The space fields are really nice. In general it's like those early 90s broadcast staple animes but with a lot of the ropy stuff cleaned up a lot. The main characters have that impossibly perfect except the clowny people are tiny and rotund with crude features. I like the nice but more realistic depictions of the regular people. I like evil producer's look.

So yeah that was definitely a thing, I doubt that watching it yourself would be like high comedy but it was fun and has excellent music if you're into dance music. I think it would probably be fun to watch in a dark room at night with your favourite sensory enhancing substances but that's only a guess since I don't really do that.

Link, hopefully

Jaguars!

It's 2.30 pm and I have no idea what to do with the rest of my afternoon

Prof. Crocodile

Jaguars! posted:

It's 2.30 pm and I have no idea what to do with the rest of my afternoon

i would roping in another goon to livepost itt

it worked for me :evilbuddy:

Finger Prince

Hey what's up guys, it's ya boy, Finger Prince. I'm here, in this thread, reading all the posts, laughing my rear end off at every one. Yo this poo poo is lit! Woo I can't keep up!

drat I wish I knew this thread was here before I blind watched Seinfeld episode 1.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

nut posted:

i'm photoshopping and am finally gonna watch true detective i think

don't distract urself. Season 1 is worth paying attention 2

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
Nut livepost all of TD season 1 pls.

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Prof. Crocodile

Finger Prince posted:

Hey what's up guys, it's ya boy, Finger Prince. I'm here, in this thread, reading all the posts, laughing my rear end off at every one. Yo this poo poo is lit! Woo I can't keep up!

drat I wish I knew this thread was here before I blind watched Seinfeld episode 1.

welcome friend feel free to use this thrad for all your liveposting needs but be warned: there are powerful aheago spirits that dwell herein

actually perhaps it is best you didn't post here i don't know if we can handle george costanza aheago

Goons Are Gifts

I'm going to live post so many things now
Like maybe not right now but as soon as I find something I'll live post it here

Probably a movie

nut

magic cactus posted:

Nut livepost all of TD season 1 pls.

i watched 2 eps while photoshopping but i think i caught everything i tried to watch 75% of episode 3 but kept falling aslee p but today i will watch it anew

magic cactus

nut posted:

i watched 2 eps while photoshopping but i think i caught everything i tried to watch 75% of episode 3 but kept falling aslee p but today i will watch it anew

Season 1 is probably one of the greatest works to come out of Television as a medium, even if 80% of that is due to unabashed Thomas Ligotti plagiarism.

more falafel please

forums poster

the only HK-era John woo movie I've seen is hard boiled, but it does kick rear end. I also worked on the video game sequel to hard boiled: midway's John Woo Presents: Stranglehold for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

magic cactus

more falafel please posted:

the only HK-era John woo movie I've seen is hard boiled, but it does kick rear end. I also worked on the video game sequel to hard boiled: midway's John Woo Presents: Stranglehold for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.

That's a fun little shooter. Can I ask what your role was?

Prof. Crocodile

magic cactus posted:

:f5:

Prof. Crocodile fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 15, 2020

more falafel please

forums poster

magic cactus posted:

i was a junior programmer. i worked some on the cinematic tool and then I did a lot of work on the multiplayer side, which didn't get started until way too late

magic cactus

more falafel please posted:

i was a junior programmer. i worked some on the cinematic tool and then I did a lot of work on the multiplayer side, which didn't get started until way too late

So you were the guy responsible for the terrifying/hilarious faces the bad guys would pull when you did that super zoom in ability and shot them square in the nuts? Amazing.

more falafel please

forums poster

magic cactus posted:

So you were the guy responsible for the terrifying/hilarious faces the bad guys would pull when you did that super zoom in ability and shot them square in the nuts? Amazing.

my fridge, literally right now, 13 years later:

Jaguars!

OMG these kids on freaks and Geeks are expected to read crime and punishment by monday It took me literally 2 years to get through that thing

Jaguars!

Bill or whatever his name is looks way better as the Bionic woman lol

Jaguars!

OMG the guidance counsellor's pumpkin that's so mean >:(

Goons Are Gifts

Live posting this re-watch of blade runner 2049 where Ryan gosling is really really really into Sony product placement

Goons Are Gifts

I feel like we have done injustice to every ad in the world after seeing city sized ad grids in this movie and fake ads being actually real ads for Sony, Atari, Coca Cola and Nike

Goons Are Gifts

Ryan Gosling gets hit in the face a lot here. Everyone hits his face, and that lady also kicks his balls. He does not have an easy job

Goons Are Gifts

I wonder what the instructions for Jared Leto's office were. "Hmm, yes, please no chair, no desk, just two couches, yellow light oh and did I mention the 250 000 liters of water?? Yeah I need this for work, I'm wearing suits, see??"

Goons Are Gifts

Harrison Ford really got old. I mean not worse than in Disney's Star Wars but you know, drat

Prof. Crocodile

Goons Are Great posted:

Ryan Gosling gets hit in the face a lot here. Everyone hits his face, and that lady also kicks his balls. He does not have an easy job

i had written this movie off but you make it sound like a 3 stooges short and now i want to see it

Goons Are Gifts

Go watch it, it's 3 hours long, consists out of 60% monumental music, 20% ads that have enormous nipples, 10% Jared Leto saying poetic stuff and 10% Ryan Gosling bleeding almost as much as DiCaprio in the revenant

Trying

leto sucked in that. big dave bautista did a good job

Trying

i have no recollection of the leto ball shot

Goons Are Gifts

Just to get slightly philosophical here for a second, the transhumanistic views transported are really loving beautiful. It questions the value of life, the rights of humans to create things and what defines a person. I must say I find Ryan Gosling great in his role, but he plays it almost too robotic, too replicant. Like, he barely shows emotions - which of course is his jam - even though that his entire drive to question his own existence. Imagine that, embodying the dualistic nature of being an emotionless machine slave vs being a real, born human that strives for something unknown in one character. As if the conflict he has with himself, shown by the AI girl he's banging, is the most humane thing he could do, up to the point where he shares the view that dying for a good cause is what makes him human.

Also important: This cute dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

oh but seriously I posted:

leto sucked in that. big dave bautista did a good job

I like the way Leto plays his insane character, because he's so insane by himself. It's not a good performance in itself, the character is too undefined, but it's less Leto's fault than the fact that the entire character circles around standing in ridiculous rooms all day long.