Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

I guess I'm in the tiny minority of 90s-era MTV watchers that would be interested to see them polish off the short run of Daria, but I have a feeling there's no way that will ever happen for as long as there's Futurama and/or King of the Hill seasons left to do.

Edit: Wow I didn't realize Daria ran for 5 seasons (13 episodes per season), somehow I had it in my mind that it was more like 2-3. Still it'd be nice to have Bob and Henry recap at least the first couple seasons from when that sort of 90s teen angst zeitgest was at its peak.

Porfiriato fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Aug 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Porfiriato posted:

I guess I'm in the tiny minority of 90s-era MTV watchers that would be interested to see them polish off the short run of Daria, but I have a feeling there's no way that will ever happen for as long as there's Futurama and/or King of the Hill seasons left to do.

I don't have a lot of Daria nostalgia but this is definitely where I'm at: my vote goes to anything but those juggernauts whenever these miniseries (miniserieses?) come up because I know I'm gonna be outvoted twenty to one.

I would pay extra for Matriculating Maxx. gently caress it. I dare you to find a way to get 60 minutes of discussion per Maxx episode, much less 90+.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
the maxx would be a hilarious miniseries

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Talking Simpsons is definitely something you have to divorce from their fanbase, like Rick and Morty. I've read their Patreon comments and had them read to me, it's a bunch of awful weirdo szechuan sauce pickle rick loving motherfuckers. They give weirdos a bad name! No wonder Futurama is going to win again.

What?

In any case, I feel like the miniseries could probably just cycle through Futurama, King of the Hill and Something Else for a while, at least until Futurama starts flagging in quality or something. That seems like it'd be the easiest way to make everyone happy.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

zari-gani posted:

I disagree and am not sure what you're talking about! No one's even mentioned schezuan sauce or pickle rick even once? Most people leave thoughtful comments with interesting info, anecdotes, or insight. (I voted for Duckman for what it's worth, and there was definitely a lot of love for it among the comments in the poll.)

Everyone in the Patreon and this thread are fine weirdos! It's why we're all here!

I was tarring one fanbase, the fans of the Talking Simpsons network, with the brush of another fanbase, people who like Rick and Morty. I was just being bitter and hate-filled and overly dramatic. There are plenty of fine Patreon comments!

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
I almost feel bad for not voting for Duckman, but I gave the show a chance and it just wasn't for me. I voted for King of the Hill because I actually haven't seen much of it beyond the first couple seasons and I'd love to watch the rest along with one of my favorite podcasts.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I was tarring one fanbase, the fans of the Talking Simpsons network, with the brush of another fanbase, people who like Rick and Morty. I was just being bitter and hate-filled and overly dramatic. There are plenty of fine Patreon comments!

Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up!

I'm not surprised Futurama won, but there was a decent enough push for Duckman that I'm hopeful it'll win one day. I think Mission Hill went through a few polls before it got picked.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This is the first of these votes I've seen. Do they ever just exclude Futurama and King of the Hill to give other stuff a shot?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

When Futurama or KotH wins a poll, the continuation is left off the next poll. Results of the past 3 miniseries polls:

Jan 2019
1. King of the Hill S1 (54%)
2. Mission Hill (19%)
3. Cowboy Bebop First 13 eps (17%)
4. Duckman S1 (9%)

Sept 2019
1. Futurama S2 part 1 (38%)
2. Mission Hill (31%)
3. Venture Bros S1 (18%)
4. Daria Season 1 (13%)

March 2020
1. Mission Hill (36%)
2. King of the Hill S2 part 1 (31%)
3. Batman: The Animated Series Top 10 (23%)
4. Daria season 1 (10%)

Note how MH beat KotH last time. KotH doesn't guarantee a win over other non-Futurama shows.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Once we do 120 more episodes of Futurama and 250 more episodes of King of the Hill, we will finally be ready for Talking Duckman in 2034

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

bobservo posted:

Once we do 120 more episodes of Futurama and 250 more episodes of King of the Hill, we will finally be ready for Talking Duckman in 2034

At this point in the series, I'm glad you've got a plan for Talking Not The Simpsons, although you're doing a great job of going strong even with mediocre source material.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

bobservo posted:

I actually somehow have the results of the Fall 2034 miniseries poll right here, at my desk:

Capitol Critters Season 1- 38%
The High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange Season 2 Part 2 - 25%
Challenge of the GoBots Season 2 Part 1 - 24%
Duckman: Our Top 10 Favorite Episodes - 13%

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Boy I love Duckman but sorry Bob, season 2 of GoBots is when it REALLY picks up.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Bob is going nuts on twitter due to not being able to move to Canada to be with his fiancee, so if he wants to do Duckman, he should be allowed to.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
...Well that's an awkward thing to see right before I was going to post "hey Bob and Henry, thanks for just keeping on through all of this, it's been real appreciated".

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Bob is going nuts on twitter due to not being able to move to Canada to be with his fiancee, so if he wants to do Duckman, he should be allowed to.

Time to smuggle him in!

Patreon goal: Fake stuffed moose to ship Bob to Canada in

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 18, 2020

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

I don't agree that posting a nice message about my fiancee is "going nuts" but I do agree that I should be allowed to do Talking Duckman whenever I want.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

bobservo posted:

I don't agree that posting a nice message about my fiancee is "going nuts" but I do agree that I should be allowed to do Talking Duckman whenever I want.

We will know you are going nuts when you start claiming you are Bob McKenzie to get across the border. :colbert:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

bobservo posted:

I really hope you guys do it whenever you can.

Plus maybe your podcasting magic would make a revival happen with that too.:v:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bobservo posted:

I legitimately feel bad for you two, its like the universes decided to keep you apart, like I cannot image what you're going through.

I've seen a lot of people I know trying to move back to Canada from the US during all this, those that didn't move back after 2016. Hell, i'm in Ontario and I want to move to Nova Scotia because they've seemed to have handled this the best out of everyone.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

bobservo posted:

Have you thought about taking a road trip to Alaska?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The discussion about boxes is really making me reevaluate my storage closet.

I don't think I need to boxes my toaster and microwave came in.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

The discussion about boxes is really making me reevaluate my storage closet.

I don't think I need to boxes my toaster and microwave came in.

Au contraire comrade. Having just done an out-of-state move, the boxes for a toaster oven and other kitchen electronics made for easy packing. Along with the original box for our TVs, everything got here safe and sound. The exception for boxes you don't need to keep was for like phones or the Switch box where it isn't going to get transported in a truck or trailer.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

All of you fancy box-keepers don't live in tiny Bay Area apartments built 94 years ago

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The callout to Gayest Episode Ever is great, now I have things to listen to between Talking Simpsons and Ho Yeah

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nick Soapdish posted:

Au contraire comrade. Having just done an out-of-state move, the boxes for a toaster oven and other kitchen electronics made for easy packing. Along with the original box for our TVs, everything got here safe and sound. The exception for boxes you don't need to keep was for like phones or the Switch box where it isn't going to get transported in a truck or trailer.

Yea but look at my storage closet

It could use some cleaning out. I don't even know why I still have the 360, it red ringed like 5 years ago.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I also have a copy of Stormclaw and Forgebane sitting and waiting for me

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Improbable Lobster posted:

I also have a copy of Stormclaw and Forgebane sitting and waiting for me

They're actually empty. I have no idea why i keep them, I can only assume out of some feeling they won't be available forever and they're collectors items? I also keep all my action figure boxes because if i ever want to sell them, people would want the box too.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

It could use some cleaning out. I don't even know why I still have the 360, it red ringed like 5 years ago.

Okay, you are correct that making a cleaning is needed. So yeah, I don't blame you for making a downsize. We filled up beyond capacity our bin every week for the 1-2 months before moving.

Back to podcast news, just listened to the latest TttA and I don't blame Bob and Henry for working as far in the future as possible. As long as y'all have the current TttA check-ins, put as much as you can in the reserve so y'all can have some quality time off once life resumes as normal in 202X

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

xtal posted:

The callout to Gayest Episode Ever is great, now I have things to listen to between Talking Simpsons and Ho Yeah

Gayest Episode Ever is excellent and I wholeheartedly recommend them.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I hope Bob and Nina's wedding gets the Talking Simpsons treatment.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Was there a WAC episode for Who Framed Roger Rabbit? I could have sworn there was but I can't find it and now I'm starting to think I fabricated the whole thing.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Wet-rear end Cartoon

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

YggiDee posted:

Was there a WAC episode for Who Framed Roger Rabbit? I could have sworn there was but I can't find it and now I'm starting to think I fabricated the whole thing.

It was the Bonkers ep

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nick Soapdish posted:

Okay, you are correct that making a cleaning is needed. So yeah, I don't blame you for making a downsize. We filled up beyond capacity our bin every week for the 1-2 months before moving.

Back to podcast news, just listened to the latest TttA and I don't blame Bob and Henry for working as far in the future as possible. As long as y'all have the current TttA check-ins, put as much as you can in the reserve so y'all can have some quality time off once life resumes as normal in 202X

Yup, I have some vacation available in October so I'm going to use it to go through my closet and clear out the junk.

And yea, I didn't listen to Talk to the Audiance at first, because I was not really interested in listening to them just read comments, but then I listened to one and was "oh wait this isn't that at all" and yea i love their little life updates. This is how Henry converted me to the Air Fryer cult.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
Talk to the Audience is a pro-listen, especially if you want the exclusive scoop on what's coming up on the Talking Simpsons network!

On that note, I am SUPER jazzed for the upcoming WAC Sonic episode with Ian. It's always a treat when he's on as a guest.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Listening to Talk to the Audience and I say how i only get exposed to new music with out my consent but even I knew m83's Midnight City. Though that's totally in my wheelhouse being a synth music fan.

Though now i'm hoping for a WAC for Moonbeam City, which has a fantastic soundtrack that exposed me to Night Club.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

twistedmentat posted:

Though now i'm hoping for a WAC for Moonbeam City, which has a fantastic soundtrack that exposed me to Night Club.

That seems likely, considering that they've already had the creator on a couple times.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Fred is on posted:

That seems likely, considering that they've already had the creator on a couple times.

Yup, I'm curious if they'd have the creator on to talk about or have someone else.

Oh hey I made it onto Talk to the Audience! I'm glad they also talked about the comment about the trans aspect to Ranma as well, because I was thinking about that aspect while listening to the episode but didn't want to make any comments as that's not me. I can only talk about being an old nerd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Bob I really want to know what your thoughts on the latest forums drama with Lowtax and Jeffrey buying the site and everything but I can't just ask you on Patreon. What do you think??