Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder, does having Y'shtola in the party let Thancred use cartridge abilities? I assume that's how it'll work when we start doing dungeons in the Source.

edit: VVVVV yeah, I'm just curious if it's functional in trusts. I'll have to test it out later

Eox fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Aug 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Eox posted:

I wonder, does having Y'shtola in the party let Thancred use cartridge abilities? I assume that's how it'll work when we start doing dungeons in the Source.
She throws him a sack of cartridges in the finale, when they go to do the Mor Dhona scholar FATE

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Why does Cid say 'that sounds familiar' if you choose the option 'G-warrior, engage!' in the sapphire weapon fight?
Is that line another gundam reference?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cid is a big GWAR fan.

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute

Pharohman777 posted:

Why does Cid say 'that sounds familiar' if you choose the option 'G-warrior, engage!' in the sapphire weapon fight?

Nah, just an ARR callback!

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

FeatherFloat posted:

Nah, just an ARR callback!

Which in turn is a Star Trek reference.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Pharohman777 posted:

In Japanese it's "Tobe! (Take flight/soar) G-Warrior!" which is a reference to the first opening of Gundam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz3kjtQ0PUw

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/sinuntosea/status/1294445098604920833?s=20

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

There should be dialogue to go and gloat to Magnai about who the sun really is

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

homeless snail posted:

She throws him a sack of cartridges in the finale, when they go to do the Mor Dhona scholar FATE

Oh is that what that was? I thought she was throwing him a fat stack of cash to pay for the tea or something on the way out.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is thancred just gonna go full magitek in 6.0

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is thancred just gonna go full magitek in 6.0

I mean if the Ironworks can make a Gundam they can probably make the Magitek equivalent of an ice machine

Could totally see Thancred losing a limb or being grievously wounded and becoming magitek robocop though.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
They didn't make G-Warrior. It's a modified Allagan weapon.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

If archon loaf is jam-packed with aether...

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

They didn't make G-Warrior. It's a modified Allagan weapon.

They made the Tycoon, just not in our timeline - also that's kinda splitting hairs. They didn't make the chassis but they definitely put it in working order and even installed new features.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Someone mod the g-warrior into archon loaf.

We'll call it...g-loaf.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Chillgamesh posted:

I mean if the Ironworks can make a Gundam they can probably make the Magitek equivalent of an ice machine

Could totally see Thancred losing a limb or being grievously wounded and becoming magitek robocop though.

Final Fantasy Rising: Revengence

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I hope that Ryne shows up in the final chapter of Eden as a gunbreaker.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

assembling the commemorative photos from all seven alts

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
they need to add more stickers, stickers finally made gpose worth it for me

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Is it just me or is the story of the Yorha raids not doing a whole lot for anyone else? The raids themselves kick rear end, but the story around them isn't really doing enough to raise it beyond the level of a non-canon crossover episode. Like, I'm not getting enough ties to the story of Automata or the world of XIV for there to be much grounding.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Is it just me or is the story of the Yorha raids not doing a whole lot for anyone else? The raids themselves kick rear end, but the story around them isn't really doing enough to raise it beyond the level of a non-canon crossover episode. Like, I'm not getting enough ties to the story of Automata or the world of XIV for there to be much grounding.

I don't really care for it either

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It does kind of feel like the Big Twist has sort of removed all the tension and mystery.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah I really couldn't care less at this juncture. Maybe the third raid will go off the rails to a crazy extent and salvage it all but it's pretty boring in a narrative sense so far.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
The Nier raids are definitely lighter on the story than other raid storylines. There's not a lot actively happening, it's more a whole lot of 'what the gently caress is going on'. Which, in fairness, is true to Nier Automata; when you break it down there aren't a whole lot of things that actually happen in Nier Automata, it's just that every single time something DOES happen it's big, weird, and leaves you with more questions than it answers, in many cases including 'what do we do now'.

In terms of raid storylines I think it's closest to Omega. And similar to Omega, I think we're gonna get a whole lot of activity right at the end; we still only barely know what's going on, but there's enough pieces to start getting some kind of an idea together, and an alliance raid is enough time to bring it to a head and tie things together.

I've liked how they've managed to reflect that sort of 'Big poo poo happens, you figure it out later' using the Portable Archive, though. The Puppets' Bunker's stuff especially seems to give more of an idea what's actually going on: it seems to be that the machine lifeforms have gotten hold of Unit 21O's (the operator in charge of 9S) backup data, and have done an extremely poor job of reconciling her incomplete understanding of humanity with their complete misunderstanding of humanity.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i think something that hurts nier's narrative is the fact that all of the non-androids look exactly the same, and many of those look pretty similar too. having every non-android character be a dwarf - meaning no facial expressions (or face at all really) and identical clothing - makes things all the more difficult to focus in on

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There's also like only four or five real characters. The dig chief doesn't count as a character, he's not really involved, the siblings are just not interesting at all, they're sad and that's it, we literally just met 2B, 2P was a narrative dead end and underdeveloped as a concept, and 9S has spent most of his time being either a boss or unconscious.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Dwarves kinda remind me of machine stubbies, come to think of it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Did people complain about there being too much stuff to do to unlock the Ivalice raids? Because the NieR unlock quests are breakneck in comparison.

They probably could do more with the intermission quests and the ones post-raid if they wanted to, though

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Did people complain about there being too much stuff to do to unlock the Ivalice raids? Because the NieR unlock quests are breakneck in comparison.

They probably could do more with the intermission quests and the ones post-raid if they wanted to, though

I found the ivalice raids had way too much exposition between raids and that was the first quest chain I just started clicking through.

Maybe there'll be more quests in the .4 patch? There was just one added in 5.2

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

hobbesmaster posted:

I found the ivalice raids had way too much exposition between raids and that was the first quest chain I just started clicking through.

Maybe there'll be more quests in the .4 patch? There was just one added in 5.2

yeah Ivalice was the first time I ever skimmed anything in this game and I love fft/ff12

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

Mad Wack posted:

they need to add more stickers, stickers finally made gpose worth it for me

Personally what I would really like is an ability to change the weather.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Crystal Tower is the only raid story line I can recall the specifics of and I did that one at release so it was like 6 years ago. I couldn't tell you what was happening in Mhach, and Ivalice I started skipping dialog/cutscenes halfway through unlocking Pharos cause it was just too much and too boring. I've never thought of the 24 mans as anything other than a novelty and spectacle, anyway. So in that regard I appreciate the NieR unlocks being swift.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
5.3: really good. Everything with the Azem reveal especially, and the big goodbye sequence.

That said, we're really still going with that useless twat Zenos as the next big villain? And it looks like he's found an even more boring friend. There is such a thing as being too over the top.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Cythereal posted:

5.3: really good. Everything with the Azem reveal especially, and the big goodbye sequence.

That said, we're really still going with that useless twat Zenos as the next big villain? And it looks like he's found an even more boring friend. There is such a thing as being too over the top.

It's totally possible that Zenos and Fandaniel are just prologue villains leading up to whatever the meat of 6.0 is but I suspect that might only be the case for Fandaniel

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Fan Daniel, lmao

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Grim Fandaniel

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We are absolutely going on a sundered Ascian murder spree in 6.0 lol

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Elidibus was the most boring, and then!

I believe in Ishikawa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We dunno if she's gonna be on 6.0 though but probably yeah considering how well ShB was recieved.