Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Vasukhani posted:

alonso behind chilton in 500 quali

behind pretty much everybody. can't wait for him to come back to F1 and finish 8 places behind his team mate every race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

It's kinda like fuel saving

HOKLY gently caress FUEL SAVING THIS IS EXTRERMELY MY poo poo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Powershift posted:

behind pretty much everybody. can't wait for him to come back to F1 and finish 8 places behind his team mate every race.

Poster With lovely alonso av: gently caress U I LOVE ALNSO HES DA BEST EVEN THOUGH SOMEHOW BEING A HUGE MARDY PIECE OF poo poo FOR LIKE 8 YEARS IN F1 WHILE ACHIVEING ABSOLUTELY gently caress ALL HES THE BEST :swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

track day bro! posted:

Poster With lovely alonso av: gently caress U I LOVE ALNSO HES DA BEST EVEN THOUGH SOMEHOW BEING A HUGE MARDY PIECE OF poo poo FOR LIKE 8 YEARS IN F1 WHILE ACHIVEING ABSOLUTELY gently caress ALL HES THE BEST :swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon:

BUT WHAT ABOUT FUEL SAVING YOU loving DORK

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Maybe we should do post saving so I don't have to read as many bad posts

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

track day bro! posted:

2012 made him quite endearing but quite frankly he’s been a massive turd both in and out of the car ever since. I give it four races at Renault before the toys start going out of the pram because “the car” isn’t good enough.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

cool onboard shot from Ocons car

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

GramCracker posted:

BUT WHAT ABOUT FUEL SAVING YOU loving DORK

i mean its definitely tough for you to realise that even the washed out husk of sebastia vettel is somehow a better driver than alonso but no need to get so mad lmfao

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Magnussen didn't try to murder him, he saved fuel and our world.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

SocksAndSandals posted:

nice.

Mercedes 1/2
Ferrari 9/11

Keep your formula 1 disaster fanfics out of this thread please

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

track day bro! posted:

i mean its definitely tough for you to realise that even the washed out husk of sebastia vettel is somehow a better driver than alonso but no need to get so mad lmfao

im sorry bro (track day) but alonso is a better driver than seb at this point and he always has been

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Zeta Acosta posted:

im sorry bro (track day) but alonso is a better driver than seb at this point and he always has been

I'm pretty sure I'm a better driver than seb at this point.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

the corona quid posted:

2012 made him quite endearing but quite frankly he’s been a massive turd both in and out of the car ever since. I give it four races at Renault before the toys start going out of the pram because “the car” isn’t good enough.

His performance in 500 qualifying today was also a dud.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

If Alonso wants to win the 500 he needs to do a full season of Indy not piss around as a backmarker in F1.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B6ABlemjhc

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
It's such a bogey year I'm going to put money on max for wdc.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

track day bro! posted:

Close the thread you big babby

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 15, 2020

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

This is a good video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-KxMVvZs8M

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

If you want an actually good video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAUK9hVgmNI

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari
Haas saving the most fuel by not even competing in Q2 and Q3.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Need a fuel performance graphic.

Wowza look at those numbers! The cars that didn't make it into Q2 had incredible fuel savings compared to the rest of the field during the rest of qualifying.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

madsushi posted:

Haas saving the most fuel by not even competing in Q2 and Q3.

LMAO beat me to it.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/INDairy/status/1294451775571927044?s=20

Alonso would be a whole milker

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I dunno if I'm going soft or what but is anyone else finding Rosberg slightly less insufferable this weekend.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

NtotheTC posted:

I dunno if I'm going soft or what but is anyone else finding Rosberg slightly less insufferable this weekend.

I'm just finding him boring

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

the paradigm shift posted:

I'm just finding him boring

It might just be because he's replaced Di Resta and a potted plant would be a more informative and exciting addition to the booth than him, but I haven't minded the commentary he's done. And his technical analysis of the circuit on youtube was actually interesting, instead of the horseshit "rich person lifestyle" videos he was mostly putting out beforehand.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

The triple crown looks like a waste of time to me, this indy 500 business. Like Usain bolt farting about trying to win the Chichester egg and spoon race because a hundred years ago Tarquin Cholmondley-warner did it and it apparently mattered.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
On the one hand you shouldn’t really be able to walk in to another race series and immediately do well, but on the other Max Chilton seems to be doing well, or at least well enough to keep his drive year after year so...

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

NotJustANumber99 posted:

The triple crown looks like a waste of time to me, this indy 500 business. Like Usain bolt farting about trying to win the Chichester egg and spoon race because a hundred years ago Tarquin Cholmondley-warner did it and it apparently mattered.

in 1966 the money from winning the 500 was more than a winning driver got all season in F1, now it's like 1/10th or 1/20th

anyway

Folks, this is what WDC consistency and skill looks like

wisconsingreg fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 16, 2020

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
As an American I appreciate that this survey did not include soy "milk" as an option. Finally the propaganda of the fraudulent and criminal vegetable industry has been exposed

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Vasukhani posted:

in 1966 the money from winning the 500 was more than a winning driver got all season in F1, now it's like 1/10th or 1/20th

i guess the technical differences between formulae were much fewer then and easier to overcome too.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

NotJustANumber99 posted:

The only reason Are Graham considered the 500 for the Triple Crown was because it had the biggest payout back then. Since the winner nowadays gets ~$1.25M after the team gets their cut, I don't even think Slick Nick, Are George, or Joey Nazi would care to skip Monaco and run it for the money. So yeah, given as well that money was reason the Triple Crown featured the 500 in the first place and the amount doesn't really matter that much anymore, the race really doesn't either.

Basically, stating what we all know. Alonso is doing American oval racing to try and stay relevant.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

As an American I appreciate that this survey did not include soy "milk" as an option. Finally the propaganda of the fraudulent and criminal vegetable industry has been exposed

I'm loling at the buttermilk tryhards.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Istanbul park, Turkey is set to return this season!

Also they are looking at Jerez as well.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I just want to lmao at my future self for waking up to watch the Spanish GP.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

pik_d posted:

I just want to lmao at my future self for waking up to watch the Spanish GP.
Oh christ I was all planning to get up early to watch the race tomorrow and I didn't remember that it was in Spain

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Watch the start, if something hilarious happens, watch the rest, otherwise go back to sleep.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
wtf was that ocon crash lol

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
sean gelael fractured his back by running over a kerb in the gp2 race, ouch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007