Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pentyne posted:

So what I'm getting is this is a toaster oven, and you can turn on the turbo/fan part to have the hot air circulate quickly, which is the entire point of an air fryer? For 1/2 the price and way more cooking capacity?

That's a convection oven for ya! We're spoiled in the restaurant world. But for $100, yeah I'm tempted. Especially with the cheap apartment oven I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
air fryers are convection ovens with better margins. sorry your convection oven sucks pennywise, just get a better one

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:qq:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Love to hear people cry about :airquote: proper cooking technique :airquote: when I'm grabbing my third $3.00 pepslice out of the airfry.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
nooo! you can't just heat up prepared foods quickly!

haha air fryer go whirrr

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

They're back!

They're also a bit different, much more uniform. I think they're getting them pre-made now instead of making them on premises with the pizza dough. Crust is thinner overall. Not as good but still pretty good.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Has anyone bought a gazebo from Costco?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
How do you guys like to do the salmon burgers?

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Simply grilled or in a pan with tartar sauce (optional dash of old bay) on a grilled bun. Lettuce and tomato if available.

I... I don’t know of any other way to enjoy a salmon burger. Have I been doing it wrong all these years?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

The Hambulance posted:

My chest freezer was delivered on Friday. Despite the numerous negative reviews showing shipping damage, mine arrived in perfect condition. UPS even put it in my garage because it was raining.

Now I have to get it to my basement without messing it up :v:

I actually dragged mine into my basement myself. Just be aware that if you tilt it you're supposed to let it rest like overnight or something to let the coolant flow back into the reservoir

also:

Laterite posted:

nooo! you can't just heat up prepared foods quickly!

haha air fryer go whirrr

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
My wife went yesterday and got a bunch of those shoyu ramens which are amazing, also gently caress cooking when it's 90+ degrees in the house. On that note she also got those frozen greek yoghurt bar things, a fudge and a mint choc chip. They taste identical to ice cream, 100 calories, and contain some protein.

I got a 4-pack of pork roasts (uncooked) a couple of months ago and chucked them in the freezer, I defrosted some and made pulled pork in the slow cooker then chucked it in the oven to crisp, so that worked well too. The three-packs of pork ribs are also great, I unpack them and freeze them separately then defrost them and do them in the oven whenever I feel like it. Our kid loves the egg bites, and the peaches and nectarines are great this time of year.,

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
you wouldn't figure it but costco produce is actually pretty amazingly fresh, it often stays usable for weeks, I feel like it's easily 2-3x as long as produce from other places

I guess maybe it's attributable to their turnover? like, they sell enough of it that it's not been sitting in the back for a week before it goes out

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Costco nanners are amazing.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Minto Took posted:

Quite, even if they are a little green from time to time.

Coffee Wolf
Oct 12, 2007

Mmmmm Banana
There's a good membership deal on Groupon right now but it's just me and my 11 year old . Worth it?

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Coffee Wolf posted:

There's a good membership deal on Groupon right now but it's just me and my 11 year old . Worth it?

If it's like a lot of the other membership deals, it's prob a decent enough price to find out yourself.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Minto Took posted:

1.25 for 3 lbs but no free refill. Good rear end nanners.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Hed posted:

How do you guys like to do the salmon burgers?

DkHelmet posted:

Simply grilled or in a pan with tartar sauce (optional dash of old bay) on a grilled bun. Lettuce and tomato if available.

I... I don’t know of any other way to enjoy a salmon burger. Have I been doing it wrong all these years?

I just pan fried them. I found that I had to make sure I had the works in terms of condiments for them though. Red onion, tomato, lettuce, lots of mayo, etc. Tartar sauce would probably be good. By themselves I found them kinda borderline overprocessed tasting. I think I have like one patty that’s been hanging around in my freezer for years because I got sick of them.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

why isn't this 4.92

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Paul MaudDib posted:

you wouldn't figure it but costco produce is actually pretty amazingly fresh, it often stays usable for weeks, I feel like it's easily 2-3x as long as produce from other places

I guess maybe it's attributable to their turnover? like, they sell enough of it that it's not been sitting in the back for a week before it goes out

I'd deffo say it's mixed, as someone who doesn't regularly live out of the freezer or use an air fryer because I do enjoy vegetables I tend to find costco produce is often a bit too on the chilled and very unripe side of things. There's very few fresh produce things I regularly buy at costco, it's basically just mushrooms and brusselsprouts. Everything else is either more expensive than going to literally any other grocery store, or simply worse quality. I am not the only one in my area that feels this way, it is known that the costco melons and pineapples are particularly bad for example, so it's possible it's just where they source things here, and ymmv in other costcos.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
I bought blueberries from Costco a while back just to appease the child I was dragging around and thought "this is way too many, they will disintegrate before we even get through half the pack" and despite being the same brand we would normally buy in the supermarket they lasted for more than 3 weeks instead of less than a week we'd normally expect.

Of course anecdote != Data

Unison
Oct 12, 2005

canyoneer posted:

I got a Breville Smart Oven convection toaster oven in a crazy sale find for $100 and it's awesome.

I have one of these too... Got it on sale on Amazon Prime day last year. Really awesome kitchen thing and way more utility than an airfryer. I can make a legitimate pizza in there (comparable to what I get with a stone in my oven) using premade grocery store dough in 15 minutes!

- Has anyone noticed if their local Costco has flu shots yet?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Lots of terrible opinions on multi use appliances that require you to learn TECHNIQUE

I bought an egg steamer because boiling water is just too many variables.

Give in to a kitchen full of single use electrics and you can shut off your brain and just be a food robot that gets consistent results.

As soon as Amazon or Costco stocks an electric bean frencher, I'm right there on it. Consistently frenched beans every drat time.

Electrify that poo poo!

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

shadow puppet of a posted:

Lots of terrible opinions on multi use appliances that require you to learn TECHNIQUE

I bought an egg steamer because boiling water is just too many variables.

Give in to a kitchen full of single use electrics and you can shut off your brain and just be a food robot that gets consistent results.

As soon as Amazon or Costco stocks an electric bean frencher, I'm right there on it. Consistently frenched beans every drat time.

Electrify that poo poo!

Is that what they're calling the unused onion dispenser now?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I was a little rash back there. I am wholly willing to reconsider my position if someone wants to gift me a 3-in-1 Breakfast Station.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
what about like...an air fryer in a toaster oven

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Alan Smithee posted:

what about like...an air fryer in a toaster oven

Get one of these and never look back.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

shadow puppet of a posted:

I was a little rash back there. I am wholly willing to reconsider my position if someone wants to gift me a 3-in-1 Breakfast Station.

You mean you're not making your own sausage in casings with your stand mixer attachments? Or using a press to brew the coffee beans you roasted yourself?

Heh. Maybe when you level up to being an adult and true epicurean that uses one pan and an open flame fire :grin:

Single-use tools are for simps. That's why my hammer doubles as my screwdriver.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Anyone tried the bulgogi beef that's on sale this week?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
My wife thinks it's too sweet, but I enjoy it.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

I'm sure they were good but those look weird. Like they're mostly made out of cheese.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I was blessed last night with a 14.5 cu ft chest freezer from the church. What are some of your favorite Costco freezer foods to fill it with?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

marfarkin ling ling dumplings

punchbuggy
Feb 16, 2011
[img]https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img
]
Clapping Larry
All right, Costco thread, I need your help.

I’ve always been afraid to order furniture from Costco, but I decided to go for it and ordered a tv stand. It was delivered in a box, everything looked good. I started assembling it, and one of the sides won’t connect—-I think it’s warped. Can I take it apart, put it back in the (cut up) original box (without the packing materials) and return it to the warehouse? I tried calling customer service, but can’t seem to get a real live person to talk to 😂

It weighs >150lbs, so it won’t be easy but I think I could return it to the warehouse with the help of my kids. What an hassle.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

PIZZA.BAT posted:

marfarkin ling ling dumplings

i feel this

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I like the bibigos better than the ling lings

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

punchbuggy posted:

All right, Costco thread, I need your help.

I’ve always been afraid to order furniture from Costco, but I decided to go for it and ordered a tv stand. It was delivered in a box, everything looked good. I started assembling it, and one of the sides won’t connect—-I think it’s warped. Can I take it apart, put it back in the (cut up) original box (without the packing materials) and return it to the warehouse? I tried calling customer service, but can’t seem to get a real live person to talk to 😂

It weighs >150lbs, so it won’t be easy but I think I could return it to the warehouse with the help of my kids. What an hassle.

You can take the whole thing back and they'll process the return, that's pretty much the guaranteed way to take care of it. But I would try calling them again. If it's one of the same ones they sell in store, they might be able to just open one of them up and take out the part you need, then you'd only have to bring in the broken piece to exchange it. That way is much easier but you're at the mercy of store stock and manager's discretion so it might be a long shot. Still worth trying though if possible.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Mons Hubris posted:

I like the bibigos better than the ling lings

i like them too (the bulgogi ones) but they spatter like crazy on the skililet when i cook them :(

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

hope and vaseline posted:

i like them too (the bulgogi ones) but they spatter like crazy on the skililet when i cook them :(
Not a problem in the ^Air Fryer^ :sickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

FilthyImp posted:

Not a problem in the ^Air Fryer^ :sickos:

touché