Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Weedle posted:

i don’t have a ps4 (yet). i played a couple of yakuza games on pc earlier this year and thought they absolutely ruled so i was already thinking about getting one to play the rest of those, but now i’m definitely getting one for bloodborne, sekiro, ds3, and elden ring. bloodborne’s setting and theme sounds like the perfect complement to dark souls’ gameplay and level design so i expect it to be utterly captivating
in theory you could sub to psnow and play bloodborne on pc that way. i think. you’d have to double check

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
bloodborne is so loving good

i tried to get back into dark souls 3 after i finally beat bloodborne and it's just sooo sloooow in comparison

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

got a month of gamepass with my ms points and started playing the outer wilds. game is good.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Uptime Sinclair posted:

in theory you could sub to psnow and play bloodborne on pc that way. i think. you’d have to double check

this has been suggested to me, but based on my experiences with stadia and geforce now i would not like to stream a fast-paced, high-stakes action game full of dark, shadowy areas, or indeed any game of any kind

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
prolly could work for a board game or kingdom of loathing

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Weedle posted:

this has been suggested to me, but based on my experiences with stadia and geforce now i would not like to stream a fast-paced, high-stakes action game full of dark, shadowy areas, or indeed any game of any kind
i don’t know for sure but on ps4 you can d/l most ps4 games locally instead of streaming them. bloodborne is deffo one of them. idk if pc users can d/l locally but worth looking into if that’s a (valid) concern

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i’ve had generally good experience with streaming ps1-3 titles but i haven’t put ps4 ones through their paces because i always just d/l those locally

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

NinetySevenA posted:

got a month of gamepass with my ms points and started playing the outer wilds. game is good.
play carrion when you're done

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i don’t know for sure but on ps4 you can d/l most ps4 games locally instead of streaming them. bloodborne is deffo one of them. idk if pc users can d/l locally but worth looking into if that’s a (valid) concern

you absolutely can not download a ps4 game onto a pc and play it

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

echinopsis posted:

i am terrible at fighting in satisfactory and it takes so long to get to the quartz and then I die so gotta spend times getting back there and then what? i still won’t be able to kill those animals

did you get the sword? I went ages without it when if i had known i could have had it a lot earlier. its p good and if the enemies are still 2 tough after that u might consider a different place to get quartz

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Jenny Agutter posted:

you absolutely can not download a ps4 game onto a pc and play it
nah yeah checked and it only mentions it as a thing for ps4. oh well

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Monster Train is the GOTY 2020

Carrier
May 12, 2009

sorry, JOTY

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I thought about starting the free 7-day PSNow trial but I didn't see anything on there that I would like to play for seven days.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Carrier posted:

Monster Train is the GOTY 2020
how does it compare to sts?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

what game is this from btw

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I thought about starting the free 7-day PSNow trial but I didn't see anything on there that I would like to play for seven days.
Control is on psnow for another 2 weeks. even has a finn in it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Uptime Sinclair posted:

Control is on psnow for another 2 weeks. even has a finn in it

Yeah he sucks.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Yeah he sucks.
interesting taste in music tho

Carrier
May 12, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

how does it compare to sts?

i never really got into sts tbh, but its hella fun. has an equivalent of ascension levels that are actually hard as gently caress lol but lots of cool interactions and mechanics and some really interesting design for the different clans (the default 2 you start with arent super inspired but they get better)

also the music is good as heck

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
control is real good

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

although they have timed “big name” titles, i find i use psnow to play low-end pc/switch games the most. neurovoider in particular, lately. also old games. i should eventually (finally) try silent hill 3 and mgs: peace walker

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

sup kenny

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

garbo! my man.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

haveblue posted:

control is real good

Yeah well then I'm going to want to play it for more than seven days, innit?

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Uptime Sinclair posted:

garbo! my man.

:D

actual post, quote from a few pages back:

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Soundtracks being mentioned reminded me of Rollcage. It kinda had cars and also a very suiting ST and was a really good racer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL-agpImPRQ

e: also lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7ok5AV7ZrM

the soundtrack for Rollcage Stage II is extremely good as it was done by real producers from Moving Shadow! i'm talkin Dom & Roland, Technical Itch, Omni Trio and Aquasky. the soundtrack even got a proper release on Moving Shadow after the game was released: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Rollcage-Stage-II-The-Soundtrack/release/9958

there's a torrent around of the full OST but here's a good YT playlist of it: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSbvuLg-8CjE1ud0l5BjPgZzyh6J_58fw

edit: unrelated but this may or may not be me irl :P

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 17, 2020

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Carrier posted:

i never really got into sts tbh, but its hella fun. has an equivalent of ascension levels that are actually hard as gently caress lol but lots of cool interactions and mechanics and some really interesting design for the different clans (the default 2 you start with arent super inspired but they get better)

also the music is good as heck
nice, I will definitely pick that up

my idiot spare time project is a turn based rpg with deck building combat so i pick up every deck builder i see to steal from for inspiration

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ugh notch just dropped in on the stream im watching

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

ugh notch just dropped in on the stream im watching
as good reason as any not to watch game streams imo

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i don't watch streams but i do watch some youtubers who take the time to assemble the footage from their streams into actually good videos. welyn if you like Rust/Escape from Tarkov (Sometimes Sea of Thieves and Minecraft). TorvestaRS for OSRS PVP.

tbh it's p cool that some peeps take the time

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Weedle posted:

what game is this from btw

It is The Terminator: Rampage (Bethesda Softworks, 1993)

The early doom-engine style Terminator games from Bethsoft were not great, but the full-3d Terminator: Future Shock honestly does not get nearly enough praise for what it managed at the time - first PC game with dedicated mouselook + keyboard, driveable vehicles, pseudo-open world levels with buildings you could enter, asymmetric human vs terminator multiplayer...

I'm keeping an eye open for deals on Terminator: Resistance as it looks like it will be a fun singleplayer playthrough

https://isthereanydeal.com/game/terminatorresistance/info/

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Aug 17, 2020

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pile Of Garbage posted:

:D

actual post, quote from a few pages back:

the soundtrack for Rollcage Stage II is extremely good as it was done by real producers from Moving Shadow! i'm talkin Dom & Roland, Technical Itch, Omni Trio and Aquasky. the soundtrack even got a proper release on Moving Shadow after the game was released: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Rollcage-Stage-II-The-Soundtrack/release/9958

there's a torrent around of the full OST but here's a good YT playlist of it: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSbvuLg-8CjE1ud0l5BjPgZzyh6J_58fw

edit: unrelated but this may or may not be me irl :P

I know what some of this means :mmmhmm:

Didn't Rollcage 2 get released under some other name too which caused a lot of people to pass it by because they didn't realize it was a Rollcage, or am I delusional?

E: yeah Death Track Racing SMHD.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I just beat Sparkle 2 and they didn't even put in an ending. Like the key-finding scenes at least have some flavour to them, the ending is just... congratitution we wont tell you what happened actually who cares.

loving Finns.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I know what some of this means :mmmhmm:

Didn't Rollcage 2 get released under some other name too which caused a lot of people to pass it by because they didn't realize it was a Rollcage, or am I delusional?

E: yeah Death Track Racing SMHD.

Also not sure if this was mentioned but one of the original coders fixed up Rollcage I to work on modern systems, entitled Rollcage Redux.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

speaking of psygnosis how is there no modern take on g*police

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

qirex posted:

speaking of psygnosis how is there no modern take on g*police
2020 is too busy with the lemmings remake

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

in 2021 it should be more like gently caress the g*police or All G*Police Are Bastards but how with our giant video cards are there basically no games where you fly around a cool city blowing stuff up, everything is bound to human scale

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

reskin dying light and all the zombies are normal people in Oberlin shirts and H stickers and your base is an old police HQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

your character should be a woman cop with short hair and muscles just to piss everyone off