Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

kreyla posted:

Would you like some of my books in exchange? I also have far too many 😅

*receives L.A. White Pages from 1987*

But seriously, sure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Keetron posted:

Ah, so that is where all the activity came from! I still have to reply to some letters I got half a year ago and when looking at the goonslist, I saw two things:
1) the Goonlist.htm does not work on my machine
2) drat, that is a short list.

Peeches and 50sGirlGroupon aren't updated onto the spreadsheet yet, but yeah, we're a much smaller Goonclub than before. Speaking of, Peeches I got your lovely painted postcard this weekend! :3:

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Sorting through my mail, I have received and will be returning this week to 13Pandora13, Shrimpwhiskers and Team Lunch.
One problem: I am not sure who drew this:

because I have a painting of two foxes I would like to return to you.

The others will also get some stuff from the pile, no worries!

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Hi thread! I just found out about this and would love to participate.

Address:
Caleb Olson
2704 N. Sawyer Ave.
Apt. 202
Chicago, IL 60647

I'm a huge nerd and artist that loves cheesy horror movies, cycling, making/reading indie comics/zines, and all kinds of novels. Expect to get some art from me! I love chatting about movies, art, dungeons and dragons, and my irrational love of charlatan Zak Bagans. You will also probably get a picture or two of my cat Tubes who is a very lovely little guy.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I got a postcard from Zoesdare and a card from 13Pandora13!

I've been a bit down lately and these really cheered me up! Thanks goons!

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Just caught up to my replies. Working on slowly sending something to everyone.

Thank you to frontyardninja for the postcard yesterday!

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Keetron, did you ever get my stuff? I've never mailed internationally before.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

If SA goes to Valhalla tonight (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980) I have the spreadsheet saved, including all the new people who haven't been added yet. I will write to you until you stop responding, and possibly still Christmas and Halloween cards after that.

Thank you for the decade+ of penpalling, Goons. It's been an honor. You can email me at pandora (dot) campbell (at) gmail (dot) com.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Pershing posted:

Keetron, did you ever get my stuff? I've never mailed internationally before.

I don't frequent the forums that much and try to respond to all mail I get but have seen a huge delay in that the past few months. I was just picking it up again.
Over the last few weeks I received postcards from 13Pandora13, Team Lunch, Schrimpwhiskers and Zoesdare (Thank you all, you amazing people). Beware tho that international mail, especially between Europa and the US currently can be severely delayed.
I have you address noted down so even if nothing ever arrives (it happens), I can still mail you!

13Pandora13 posted:

Thank you for the decade+ of penpalling, Goons. It's been an honor. You can email me at pandora (dot) campbell (at) gmail (dot) com.
Same, sort of, I will keep replying to mail.
Saved the sheet as well, but in general I tend to use the return address on the letter/card I receive as I am too lazy to open the sheet at times.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Over the last week I've gotten goonmails from Zoesdare, Shrimpwhiskers and DLAO, including a super pretty dot mandala magnet from Dee! :3:

Sharizard
Jun 15, 2009

I've been thinking about getting some penpals, so here I am!

*snip*

I have a bunch of photo prints I've made, zines, and postcards I'm going to share. I've just started learning how to draw, so expect little doodles, too.

Sharizard fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Sep 28, 2020

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Sent another round of postcards this week. Keep an eye out.

shrimpwhiskers
Jan 9, 2019

tasty
I got a card from 13Pandora13 and Zoesdare! Thank you!

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
I super suck, but I got cards from 13Pandora13, Zoesdare, and lamb. I’m writing some cards in response now so keep an eye out!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I got Goonmail from Team Lunch and a bonus Zoesdare postcard (thank you, BTW)!

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Lets pen pal it up yall

Sharizard
Jun 15, 2009

Got a postcard from Zoesdare. :} Feeling pretty special.

Currently writing postcards and getting some mailers going. Some of you should be hearing from me soon!

Kierena
Oct 15, 2010
Thank you to everyone who have sent me stuff! I have some letters ready to send out as soon as I pick up some fresh stamps from the post office! I am saving the list so I can keep in touch with as many of y’all as I can.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Got a postcard from Sharizard and a card card from Ceramic Pig.

I also got a letter returned in the mail that was meant for Team Lunch. :ohdear:

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Glad to get a reply from Frontyardninja! Thank you, Mrs. Pershing loved the bee card.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

I've updated the list this morning.

I've received mail from Zoesdare, Ceramic Pig, Team Lunch, and Pandora - Thank you! Surprise goonmail is keeping my sense of existential dread at bay. Much appreciated.

I'm sending out some (possibly) drunk ramblings today.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Been lurking on this thread for a while trying to build up the courage to do the penpal thing again so I'm gonna do it

Poo In An Alleyway
Apartment 36B,
South Terrace Court,
South Terrace,
Cork
T12 HD56
Ireland

I have no idea what to say other than the fact that I love obscure grotesque horror movies and Animal Crossing.

e: address updated: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3400714&perpage=40&noseen=1&userid=217154#post523071385

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Aug 26, 2022

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
Sending out some cards tomorrow! You are all glorious beings.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...

Pershing posted:

*receives L.A. White Pages from 1987*

But seriously, sure!

Oh my god, is someone giving books away???

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Oh my god, is someone giving books away???

I'm cleaning out my collection and using Goonmail as my cleanout method :)

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I got an early birthday card from Keetron and I loved it! Thank you so much! ❤

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

As this week is my birthday, I send all goons on the list a birthday card. It made sense to me at the time.

The contestant for "weirdest goonmail ever received" is Pershing, who send me a book about Alaska. Before shipping any other tomes to Europe, please give it to a Goodwill and go take your SO out for dinner on that money. Hell, expensive! Thank you for the mail tho, it was the biggest surprise of 2020!

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Thanks for the birthday card I got yesterday, Keetron! I should be caught up on replies to everyone now including Lamb and Ceramic Pig.

Another returned letter, this time from Pershing. Hope all is okay at Casa De Pershing.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Keetron, it is, in fact, my birthday this month. It is a milestone birthday, but I'm doing little or nothing to celebrate because, well, you know, look around. Your card made my day. Thank you.

And to everybody else who has sent me anything recently, I super suck at acknowledging when I get mail, but I appreciate it every time. Much love!

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

!!!
I remember being part of a snail mail exchange thread probably in 09 and in my inconsistent visitation of the forums I lost sight of it. I've been posting a lot more regularly since maybe March, and I've been sad to not see a thread like this. I guess I was just in the wrong subfolders! I would like to write with y'all!

rear end-penny
1098 Geranium Ave E.
St. Paul, MN 55106
USA

I promise to return mail to any goons who would write me. I guess some things about me, I'm a big fan of music, and I'm all over the board there. I used to listen to more metal but the last ten years or so I've found I'm listening to a lot more hip hop. Also very into pen and paper RPGs, art, and animals.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Got cards in the last week from Keetron and Kreyla! Thanks guys! Gonna send out some cards in the next few days to people!

Sharizard
Jun 15, 2009

Shoutout to Keetron, Lamb, and Zoesdare sending me some Goonmail!

Zoesdare sent me a cute little print of an organ pipe cactus. (They're lanky!) Keetron mailed me a nice little birthday card with some flower stickers. Lamb sent me a neat postcard with a mid-century Disney design.

I've sent out some more mail. I'm working my way around the spreadsheet still. If anyone receives mail twice in a row, I'm sorry. I forgot to mark off the folks I've already sent stuff to the first time around. :(

shrimpwhiskers
Jan 9, 2019

tasty
I got mail from Team Lunch, lamb, Zoesdare, and Keetron! This thread makes me so happy and I'm so grateful (I've been having one hell of a time.) Thank you!!! I'll try to write you all back soon, I have procured Goodies and Cool Postcards to flood the USPS with.

Peeches
May 25, 2018

Thank you Zoesdare ! I love old stationary and ephemera!

Sent out the last of my art postcards,
here are the pieces before I sacrificed them to the postcard gods
stencil art

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Peeches, those are breathtaking! My big ol postcard is on the fridge in pride of place!

Zoesdare fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Aug 12, 2020

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Any chance of getting an updated version of the Excel with people's addresses on it? I've gotten a couple nice cards the last week with no addresses on them to respond to and they're not listed in the spreadsheet from Page 1.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

PooInAnAlleyway posted:

Any chance of getting an updated version of the Excel with people's addresses on it? I've gotten a couple nice cards the last week with no addresses on them to respond to and they're not listed in the spreadsheet from Page 1.

I am in the middle of building shelves in my pantry - I will update soon I promise!

Zoesdare, I owe you a letter back, thank you!

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I got home from work last night to find two postcards in the mail!

A big thank you to Peeches and lamb

Peeches, I just finished drafting a reply to you, going to drop it off on my way to work in a minute. lamb, I don't see a return address here, I assume it's in the Excel sheet in the OP but I was having trouble opening it on this machine. I can try on my phone later. Thanks for making my night fun, friends.

Peeches
May 25, 2018

rear end-penny posted:

I got home from work last night to find two postcards in the mail!

A big thank you to Peeches and lamb

Peeches, I just finished drafting a reply to you, going to drop it off on my way to work in a minute. lamb, I don't see a return address here, I assume it's in the Excel sheet in the OP but I was having trouble opening it on this machine. I can try on my phone later. Thanks for making my night fun, friends.
Sry about about.

Peeches
PO box 8502
Grand Rapids MI 49518

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I'm sorry, you misunderstood me. I am missing a return address for lamb, I have yours. :)