Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dave Meltzer posted:

I know that there was a lot of feeling that the reason — you know because AEW is never doing better because either they have a better product, or better matches, or better workers. Okay? They’re doing better and there’s always another reason. So, now the reason is that it’s too dark and their place is more lively — which it is, this is true. So, we gotta get out of that place [the Performance Center] and not make it dark then we’ll be back on our way, you know again, it’s not like they could ever be presenting a better product.

Dave also said that every WWE wrestler except Roman Reigns has asked AEW if they'd have a spot for them on the roster. He also commented on the Velveteen Dream situation.

Dave Meltzer posted:

The thing with Vince is from Vince’s perspective he’s gonna not fire somebody over an accusation. He’s gonna have to find evidence of something before he will do so. So, I would have figured that yeah you’re gonna keep him off [TV], but yeah you’re gonna do an investigation to find out if it’s true. In this one it’s interesting because it’s like it doesn’t appear that they did that like even look into it which is it is what it is, you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I legit wonder if Roman is even going to come back.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if seth asked aew anything it was probably to stop literally harming his unborn child by competing in this disgusting manner

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Pylons posted:

He's coming....

to the XFL

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

The first thing that comes to mind when I think of Braun Strowman is definitely “a little naughty”

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Rarity posted:

Dave also said that every WWE wrestler except Roman Reigns has asked AEW if they'd have a spot for them on the roster. He also commented on the Velveteen Dream situation.
Can someone please translate these quotes into English because I can see enough keywords to tell I want to know what he's saying but gently caress me if I can make heads or tails out of Dave's word salad.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

pressedbunny posted:

Can someone please translate these quotes into English because I can see enough keywords to tell I want to know what he's saying but gently caress me if I can make heads or tails out of Dave's word salad.

wwe thinks moving to a different arena will solve their viewership problems

and

wwe did no investigation of dream and vince would have only fired him anyway if he got like arrested for it

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

pressedbunny posted:

Basically they think AEW is succeeding because they have better presentation with Daily's Place and the Performance Center is depressing and dark. They think moving to the Amway Center will make things less depressing and dark and thus, fix the ratings. And they do not care about Velveteen's allegations.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Aug 16, 2020

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

pressedbunny posted:

1st quote - WWE believes they have the better roster and product, but the shows are too dark. Moving to the arena will brighten things up literally, and the ratings will follow.
2nd quote - WWE brought Velveteen Dream back to TV without doing any form of investigation on if he is a child groomer, pedophile and miscreant.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

pressedbunny posted:

"Vince loves his home grown pedo, and doesn't think child molestation is big deal"

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Jetfire posted:

Felt like they were trying to replicate the title hot-shotting from around '99 but without a bunch of the stuff that made it cool.

That's fair. Sasha probably should've retained at HIAC, and that match wasn't booked particularly well with the played-out "she's too hurt to compete" beginning and ending where they thought Sasha was heavy enough to break a table (oops).

quote:

(By recent comparison, who were Becky's first defenses against anyways? Lacey etc.?)

She fought Lacey at three straight PPVs, including one in a mixed match thing with Seth and Corbin; I have no idea why people have stopped watching WWE

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I can't believe that the company that hired known child fucker Jerry Lawler and put him in a prominent position on TV for over two decades, up to as recently as a couple months ago, would be so caviler with these Velveteen Dream accusations.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/TB_Times/status/1295074111018934273

uhhh holy poo poo

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

quote:

But on Aug. 8, he appeared distressed in reaching out to a psychiatrist who had tweeted, “#BreakingNews: U R Perfect!”

“But what if others think I’m not and I have no self confidence or self worth?” Thomas responded.

“I’m asking for your advice because I need a second opinion on something that could determine what happens next in my life.”

Hmm probably should’ve waited for that second opinion

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Goddamn.

Glad Sonya is safe and saw him and got the gently caress out of there.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Codependent Poster posted:

Goddamn.

Glad Sonya is safe and saw him and got the gently caress out of there.

He wasn't trying to abduct Sonya. He was found at her house after trying to abduct someone else.

Not really sure what Sonya's involvement with this person is. Article doesn't really say.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Strawberry Panda posted:

He wasn't trying to abduct Sonya. He was found at her house after trying to abduct someone else.

Not really sure what Sonya's involvement with this person is. Article doesn't really say.

Yeah, no.

quote:

“Our deputies are unveiling the suspect’s disturbing obsession with this homeowner who he had never met, but stalked on social media for years,” Sheriff Chad Chronister said in the news release. “It’s frightening to think of all the ways this incident could have played out had the home alarm not gone off and alerted the homeowner of an intruder.”

quote:

On Twitter, an account in Thomas’s name, @Phillip80400010, contains mainly messages about Sonya Deville’s latest activities, including retweets from her account yesterday about upcoming wrestling events.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Strawberry Panda posted:

The article actually specifically says what the connection is, that he is an obsessive stalker.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Why is Johnny Cash's version of "Hurt" so appealing to morons like Braun

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Eat My Fuc posted:

It's a good song that should appeal to everyone!

It just looks lame when he uses it.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Ganso Bomb posted:

The article actually specifically says what the connection is, that he is an obsessive stalker.

Sorry, this paragraph confused me then:

"Investigators did not identify the victim, but the home where the suspect was arrested is owned by Daria Berenato, 26, who performs for WWE under the name Sonya Deville and stars in the E! cable channel reality TV series Total Divas."

I see what it's saying now.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

I'm gonna guess there's at least a 50% chance he doesn't know it's a cover.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

Cash's version is framed as a legend knowing he's dying and the regrets he has about things he's done

The original is exactly what cav mentioned earlier. the final thoughts of a broken man who has nothing left but to end his own suffering after burning down his entire life

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Pylons posted:

If Roman went to NJPW i'd cry with joy. I know in my heart Okada Vs. Reigns is a 6 star match.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Critical posted:

Cash's version is framed as a legend knowing he's dying and the regrets he has about things he's done

The original is exactly what cav mentioned earlier. the final thoughts of a broken man who has nothing left but to end his own suffering after burning down his entire life

Huh. I never saw the two songs as two different stories.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

The stuff nightmares are made of!!!!!!!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Eat My Fuc posted:

If Roman went to NJPW i'd cry with joy. I know in my heart Okada Vs. Reigns is a 6 star match.

I dunno if Roman is really a great fit for New Japan. TBH I think it'd go about as well as Cody did (& I'm not a big Cody fan). But at least he could wrestle bare-chested & not have to wear the silly body armour.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'd say the biggest problem NXT has is that by WWE's own admission its a minor league. Its the future and when the future is going to Raw and getting jobbed out to Baron Corbin who can really get invested?

When something sucks in AEW you wonder if its going to go somewhere good eventually. If something is good in WWE you're asking how they're going to gently caress it up.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

He looks like a normal sized Hornswoggle

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

"gently caress that guy!" is my statement. further thoughts are that i hope he Is also placed into some sort of psychiatric hospital after his initial prison sentence, or else a prison that can handle that during his sentence. i don't know how that works really. I hope wwe the company gets killed.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

He looks like a normal sized Hornswoggle

Nothing normal sized about that melon. It's like an orange on a toothpick. It's a virtual planetoid. If he cried himself to sleep he'd be a drowning risk.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Looks like Finn Balor imo

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Chris James 2 posted:

Maybe they were right to not give him the belt until they had literally nobody else available, and maybe they should have had it vacated after he was the only one left to hold it

What have I become?
A big roid head
Every push I've known
Goes away
In the end
I could have had it all
But my win loss is dirt
I am a let down
And my posting hurts

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Looks like Finn Balor imo

Not at all.

I hope he gets put away a long time. The sad thing about stuff like this is that if they get this far and fail they will most likely keep trying until there is a body.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Local news here in Tampa Bay had the stalker as the first story, complete with several shots of the entrance of the development where Sonya lives.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

An unrelated question due to a thought I had.

When WWE inevitably break up Sasha and Bayley, (as they do with all tag teams), who will be the babyface, and who will be the heel? Also? who will be the Jannetty?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they will both be face and heel from week to week and both be the jannetty

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

BrigadierSensible posted:

An unrelated question due to a thought I had.

When WWE inevitably break up Sasha and Bayley, (as they do with all tag teams), who will be the babyface, and who will be the heel? Also? who will be the Jannetty?

They'll both be the Jannetty to Charlotte's babyface

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jesus Christ that stalker story is terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
How many weeks, until WWE puts her in a kidnapping storyline?