Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

explosivo posted:

I was surprised to see that Woods is allowed to go carousing on Twitch with talent from AEW. I guess he has more leeway on his personal twitch channel than UUDD. It is pretty wholesome to think about today's wrestlers getting side gigs as streamers and making it work because they have a built in audience compared to wrestlers from 30/40 years ago who just got drunk and/or high in between shows to pass the time.

That stream last night was hilarious, it's this fun mix of twitch videogame stuff and locker room ribbing when you get a bunch of wrestlers together on stream that I like.

I think he's well beyond giving a gently caress what WWE thinks of his online activities. The guy's got his PHD, built a streaming empire, and massively increased his out of company popularity. He's got fallbacks for his fallbacks at this point and all he has to do is sit back and threaten an AEW jump every signing for more buckets of cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I think he's well beyond giving a gently caress what WWE thinks of his online activities. The guy's got his PHD, built a streaming empire, and massively increased his out of company popularity. He's got fallbacks for his fallbacks at this point and all he has to do is sit back and threaten an AEW jump every signing for more buckets of cash.

Even if he never wrestled, Woods would be a massive social media get.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Critical posted:

even cole had like 500 in his channel last night. i think austin bought him a booster seat so he could use a face cam

Was Cole streaming "Grounded"

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

These rule

https://twitter.com/PortableTrevor/status/1294762281151213573

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Eat My Fuc posted:

Was Cole streaming "Grounded"
He lives it every day

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

CobiWann posted:

Even if he never wrestled, Woods would be a massive social media get.

Seriously what can't he do? Here's him playing the trombone.

https://youtu.be/XuQQOInbF88

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

smarxist posted:

I mean Cody is a really good midcarder

I completely agree but I can't put my finger on what it is he's missing that's keeping him from feeling like a main eventer. Mox 100% feels like a main eventer in a way I can't see in Cody.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

is pepsi ok posted:

I completely agree but I can't put my finger on what it is he's missing that's keeping him from feeling like a main eventer. Mox 100% feels like a main eventer in a way I can't see in Cody.

Cody was a perfectly credible main eventer (IMO) back in 2019, so I think it's really just a crowd.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

i missed horseman chat a few pages back but it should be cody, ftr, and ricky starks

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Honestly I thought Cody was upper-midcard at best until I saw him in person. Everyone at ringside was going berserk for him at All Out and he seemed genuinely touched as he celebrated after beating Spears, and at the Boston Dynamite the roof blew off when he did a speech before the Dark matches started. He really, really needs a crowd to thrive.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

is pepsi ok posted:

I think it’s an authenticity problem maybe? Cody’s massively long entrance with royal family talk, entourage, and multiple stages of pyro kind of screams of wanting people to think he’s a big deal. His gear and personal styling is pure “sports entertainment” and he has his own logo tattooed on his neck.

Mox walks through the stands even in an empty arena and has no pyro, I have no idea what his tron even looks like. He wears basically street clothes and has an unflattering haircut.

Whether it’s true in real life or not, Mox feels like he doesn’t give a poo poo about what your perception of him is. Cody feels like he really does

It’s in same way that no matter what he did, Triple H never felt like a bigger star than Austin. Didn’t matter who he beat, how many titles he held, or whatever rewritten narrative WWE put out.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Cody is much more authentic than HHH and his feud w/Jericho alone had more awesome and memorable stuff than any of HHH's usual Raw-opening drivel throughout the early oughts.

His entrance and other various hubris seem to be leading toward it consuming him further and leading to an eventual heel turn.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Cody is a HHH that's actually as over as he thinks he is.

Also, Cody seems to not be a terrible person.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i felt that cody seemed like a main eventer around the time he beat dustin r. and the shine has worn off since then. putting people over and having ok matches, then being put over people who have never been seen in the company before is not the key to solidify your status as a top guy. seems like he should do the other thing more. important feud, great match.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Im glad that Cody created his own vanity belt so that the guys that actually need it can win the world title like Moxley and Orange Cassidy. And Adam Page. And MJF. The list goes on.

Meanwhile Cody gets to have his own thing going on for months at a time and doesn't linger around the world title. He really doesn't need it and losing the ability to go for it was a great move for him.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

HHH getting the "you tapped out" chants at Summerslam 2012 when he was so desperately trying for a postmatch reaction like Austin's at WM13 or Benoit's at the '03 Rumble still warms the cockles of my heart. gently caress that guy.

Also just bringing Eddie Kingston on board makes the TNT belt a success.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

hunnert car pileup posted:

HHH getting the "you tapped out" chants at Summerslam 2012 when he was so desperately trying for a postmatch reaction like Austin's at WM13 or Benoit's at the '03 Rumble still warms the cockles of my heart. gently caress that guy.

Also just bringing Eddie Kingston on board makes the TNT belt a success.

and he only did that because the original plan got him the "na na na na goodbye" song

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Part of why the TNT Title open challenge has been frustrating is that while the matches are good, the programs have been about the same length as the heavyweight and tag programs happening at the same time, and it feels a little less special to have a guaranteed 3.5/5 Cody match every week when you're having 3.75/5 at worst Hangman and Omega matches every other week and a Moxley title match just about every month. Obviously COVID derailed a lot of plans they had, but they've had all their titles in a holding pattern since DON and it's been a detriment.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Cody is the feel good story of Vince jamming someone in the midcard and resisting that before finally striking out on his own. Going on a journey with all of us, out into the wrestling world, having his eyes opened. Seeing its all bigger and more special, and bringing that feeling with him as he joins with big biceps Tony to build a new company that has that spark unlike the soulless WWE. And through that journey and improvement he's done it, he's become your favorite midcarder.

It's touching!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Critical posted:

and he only did that because the original plan got him the "na na na na goodbye" song

Refresh my memory, when did this happen?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Scorpio and Brandi are cousins??

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

CobiWann posted:

Refresh my memory, when did this happen?

I might have it backwards and summerslam was where he got the chant and thus had to try to get his win back at the following wm after lesnar broke his arm on raw

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Dango Bango posted:

Scorpio and Brandi are cousins??

I look forward to his nightmare family face tattoo.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
And then they had a third match in a cage where he had a hidden sledge hammer in the cage top portion or whatever it’s called.

All three matches weren’t good but I remember the cage match being the best one.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm trying to think of the alternate reality where Charlotte Flair was the one who branched out to lead a company and it just doesn't work the same way that Cody does. Cody was one of those guys putting way more than he needed to into midcard bullshit in the WWE and when he left tried to put in the work to prove he was top guy worthy. Cody can come off as try-hard at times, but his heart is in the right place and he legitimately does listen to and react to fan reactions (As evidence by people digging on him for being in a World Title match as an EVP and losing the stipulation he'll never compete there again, or bringing in guys like Warhorse)

He still does teeter on that Triple H line of giving himself very gratuitous entrances entrances and matches, want to be at the top but he's more than willing to put over the rest of the roster and pull them up with him rather than push them down because of insecurities but he's still on that really fine line right now since AEW is in their infancy. The best long-term would probably be a slow-burn Cody heel turn, positioning Hangman to be the top face, and then another slow burn where whoever the new 4 Horsemen are turning on Cody because after all, he's still a Rhodes.

The seeds are pretty much there already, since Cody has almost zero interactions with the rest of The Elite anymore.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Miching Mallecho posted:

And then they had a third match in a cage where he had a hidden sledge hammer in the cage top portion or whatever it’s called.

All three matches weren’t good but I remember the cage match being the best one.

Was it the Wrestlemania match where HHH survived minutes in the Kimura Lock and worked over Brock Lesnar's diverticulitus? That poo poo was hilarious.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I was there for that match. The fact it came right after Taker vs Punk and the crowd was completely and utterly dead just made it funnier

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

can we have a Dynamite thread on Wednesday dedicated solely to ripping HHH?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Someone should absolutely make a "wednesday night all the ways HHH sucks" thread for those of us who didn't watch WWE during the dark years of HHH

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hopefully MRT's back by then :smith:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Wait did MRT get probated again?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Orange Carlisle posted:

I believe they just didn’t return after the last probe, and as far as I know WSAE who was probed with them but actually deserved it also didn’t return.

I would like them both back even though I do not think either liked me at all, the more the merrier 9 times out of 10.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

No, just never logged back on after that one, even after it got (thankfully) reversed. Didn't respond to my message attempt during all that, hasn't posted since so I'm assuming he hasn't logged on since, and I don't have Twitter or anything else I think he might be on so I can't say everything got better/cleared up. With it being nearly a full week now, it's worth noting

I hope MRT's not gone for good. Very valued member of this community, always appreciated their posts and insight

Also on a far more minor note if that ends up being the case, I can't commit to making the weekly threads because I really don't know how available I'll be able to be overnight the next few weeks at least (especially on the nights the show's been rescheduled for)

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I don't want to see any good posters get run off

MRT's probation was wack so I don't blame him for taking some time away

CJ2 you continue to be transparent and informative in your dealings with things, thank you

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Aug 17, 2020

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
PSP has developed a habit of running off decent people while giving too much of a leash to actually bad faith posters for a while now.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
MRT is still tweeting regularly and streaming stuff on PSP-TV, maybe he's just taking a break from the forums

Benne fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Aug 17, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

MRT forgot the password to log in. i told them the password but i guess it's different for each user as it was explained to me. i don't want to argue

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/1295212749757259778

Matt really knows how to turn a hosed up chair shot and spin it into gold.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

RealFoxy posted:

PSP has developed a habit of running off decent people while giving too much of a leash to actually bad faith posters for a while now.

Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

I like(d?) Sock as a poster and thought they at least meant what they said, even if it was incorrect sometimes. I don't know how they acted before I got here, though.