Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Or see how well trying to redeem it with a pretty cashier goes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Salisbury Snape posted:

There is no small print, I'm going to see how she reacts to me asking to redeem it in the middle of lidls

Ah are they as poo poo and disappointing as the rest of the crap in Lidls weird middle section?

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i am not sure if the dsa for my ma is going to try and give me a new computer or not. last time they gave me a laptop but i cant really use one because rsi. i wouldnt mind if they gave me money for a ram upgrade because thats pretty much all it needs

also i just realised that the cheap mechanical keyboard i bought does not have a \ key so thats great for me wanting to learn a programming language

or type anything in a dos prompt

I can buy one as a capital asset since I use the laptop for work but only if I spread it over 3 years, which is a-okay if I knew whether or not I will be allowed to in here for that many years.

Visa extension applications haven't been processed since, uh, March with some people being offered an opt-out from the face to face application only recently and previous appointments being processed since late July. It's really nerve-wracking to progress from :ohdear: to :smithicide: every day when literally all your future hangs on to this and only update you get about the new online application system is "It'll be ready when it's ready, lol" but it does seem to be progressing.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Barry Foster posted:

British people really are dogshit

Could be worse, in the States there's a good chance the idiot would have pulled a gun.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

I saw a couple of people on the train who had official looking lanyards saying "mask exempt" and wore expressions akin to bulldogs chewing wasps and had a look daring people to judge them, which I duly did because yes hidden disabilities exist etc but I've yet to hear of a convincing reason that actually prevents someone from putting a little bit of cloth over their nose and mouth for a couple of hours for the sake of public health and solidarity

"You see, I have a very unique condition called "I DON'T WANT TO" :colbert:"

More dumb pandemic people: GF has a friend (Scandinavian) which I openly don't like and she was like "a guy in my bfs work shows symptoms and waiting for his test result, my bf is possibly exposed and we're hosting a group dinner in our cramped apartment" and my gf was like "wtf doing you dumb idiots, cancel that dinner for fucks sake".

Her friend apparently got all pissy because how dare you to remind me that I am putting people in danger for my stupid vanity gathering? The very idea of her friend not thinking of cancelling that dinner the second she hear about that colleague situation is beyond :psyduck: to me. She was also super salty when I told her she cannot enter the house during the peak pandemic after waltzing around the city with her bf and having parties with randos.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
yeah. in some ways its quite nice to have proper poo poo to hold against people you've always known are selfish fucks.

This daft oval office came to visit my missus for her birthday and had his train booked home the same day but I knew he would end up staying with her. Which was agreed then he announced his flatmate was currently self isolating. wtf

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

welcome to hellpage

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

page 2020 lockin thread make a new one solefald

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
just keep using this thread

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

We drank our way through 2/3rds of a 1.75L bottle of whiteley Neill raspberry gin last night.
Wife was sick, I think I might still be drunk.
Send help

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

But what do we talk about on the next page? the year 2021 hasn't happened yet

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Zombie apocalypse or something next year

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Salisbury Snape posted:

Zombie apocalypse or something next year

Well it's only going to get worse, isn't it. So why not?

35% of the population will get bitten intentionally because it's a "liberal hoax".

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Turns out when I thought horror movies always overestimated how stupid some people would act they were actually being incredibly generous!

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Next year will be the same as this year, except worse in new and boring ways.

I need to post parcels today - what is the most socially acceptable way to do this?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

In 2020 I landed a dream job back in NZ, completed and submitted my migrant visa application, moved there and lived happily ever after away from Brexit island watched the world turn to poo poo, the job offer evaporate and then sat on my arse for 4 months Whilst both my sanity and savings drained

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Salisbury Snape posted:

We drank our way through 2/3rds of a 1.75L bottle of whiteley Neill raspberry gin last night.
Send help

best drink that last third, or you're going to feel pretty rough in a couple of hours

Ratjaculation posted:

In 2020 I landed a dream job back in NZ, completed and submitted my migrant visa application, moved there and lived happily ever after away from Brexit island watched the world turn to poo poo, the job offer evaporate and then sat on my arse for 4 months Whilst both my sanity and savings drained

:smith: hang in there ratty

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

CancerCakes posted:

I need to post parcels today - what is the most socially acceptable way to do this?

you can pre-pay and print your own labels at home so all you have to do at the post office is walk in, dump the parcels in the parcel thingy and walk right back out again

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Hello from the present

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

they call it the present because it's a gift

and because on balance you probably don't really want it

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Meditate upon death. It is your constant companion, better at walking alongside you than Jesus because it never goes to compete in junior kickstart.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Tried to redeem the voucher in the middle of sainsburys. Wife does not have a sense of humour today and is not putting up with any of my poo poo.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Salisbury Snape posted:

Tried to redeem the voucher in the middle of sainsburys. Wife does not have a sense of humour today and is not putting up with any of my poo poo.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/what-are-my-rights-with-gift-vouchers-and-cards

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

CancerCakes posted:

Some private parcel services like DHL can do a pickup from your home but the last time I tried almost every pickup slot was booked but that was like 2 months ago. You might give it a go if you are vulnerable / don't want to enter post office but yeah printing labels at home and hook shotting the parcel over a plexiglass shield worked fine so far.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Salisbury Snape posted:

Your voucher is now expired sorry

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Salisbury Snape posted:

Send help

Power through it m8
are you drunk right now?
If not, get drinking.
The hangover is tomorrows problem.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i dont see the point of a blowjob voucher unless you can use it outside the house.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

hermes picked up my parcel two days ago from home.

they just tried again today which is worrying

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

they call it the present because it's a gift

and because on balance you probably don't really want it

And you can't even give it to a charity shop atm.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

That would explain why they have a 1-2 day delay message on their site. Too busy rehashing old jobs to hash up the current ones.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Hermes are the loving worst. You'd think they might realise their usual 'ah, we tried to deliver but you weren't in' bullshit wouldn't work so well during a lockdown, but nope, they can't even be bothered to update their lies.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
My partner orders clothes from tkmaxx from time to time and if she notices the parcel is coming from Hermes she just accepts that it wont be coming. I dunno how they're still in business

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

el dingo posted:

My partner orders clothes from tkmaxx from time to time and if she notices the parcel is coming from Hermes she just accepts that it wont be coming. I dunno how they're still in business

Apparently it isn't bad enough to stop her ordering from them, so there's your answer.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
my experience has also indicated that hermes is not so much a delivery service as a black hole

where do all the things go :iiam:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the sea

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I once cancelled an order on Amazon that was already in transit so they told me they would arrange for it to be picked up and returned to their warehouse. Hermes turned up to collect it before it had even been delivered and then got lovely with me when I tried to tell them I can't return it yet, then they refused to come back out to collect it once it had arrived and I had to pay for collection myself.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

hermes threw my brothers new laptop - which was in a big box clearly showing that it was a laptop - into his front hedge while it was raining

he has no idea if there was rain damage because one of his neighbours saw someone pull up, take it and drive off

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

hmmm. guess im going to be refunding an angry ebayer in a few days then.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

re: parcel posting,

Post offices should be open as normal if they are fully staffed. Ours is making people socially distance and we basically murder people who walk in without a mask so its a lot safer than some of the shops.

Print your postage through ebay or click and drop etc by all means, but in my experience most people get the wrong postage for the item, either size or value, so really pay attention to how big, heavy and valuable the thing you're sending is, because we can't correct it.

In 2020 I tried to get a cool new job at a fine art foundry in Devon, unfortunately failed because I wasn't local and they wanted freelance so BULLET loving DODGED THERE.

I also got a rude romantic awakening, the one you DON'T want where my sort of but not anymore boyfriend got a new girlfriend just as I was about to visit, couldnt visit because RONA and then he moved her in... and then he blocked me because I got upset at him when I was drunk one night.

I was meant to learn to drive and sell more paintings. on the plus side, I got me a loving cat. I therefore choose to remember this year as the year of Tuna.

Natalie Fartman fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 17, 2020

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Tried to use the voucher on a pretty young sandwich making girl in subway.
The wife took away my blowjob voucher and is really quite cross with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Where do you sell your art?