Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Anora posted:

https://twitter.com/TheSun/status/1295144074803126272

Why do I think the thing they're most offended by is the free lawyer?

ALLEGEDLY had sex with a pitbull

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0hvlBtYvOE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Fishstick posted:

Is that implying obama eats dogs because he's black? or because he's a Democrat? I mean theyre both awful, one is just extra awful. I think.

Because he's Kenyan/Muslim/whatever other group Ben Shapiro stereotypes (he isn't).

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Oh, hey, it's my turn to be the idiot for sharing a tweet from ages ago. :sweatdrop:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Fishstick posted:

Is that implying obama eats dogs because he's black? or because he's a Democrat? I mean theyre both awful, one is just extra awful. I think.

"Obama eats dogs" was a weird right wing Facebook type meme. I think because he spent some of his youth in Indonesia? The stereotype doesn't fit anything else in his background. I'm not sure I've ever even heard it applied to Indonesians but at least that's in the rough geographical ballpark.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Henchman of Santa posted:

"Obama eats dogs" was a weird right wing Facebook type meme. I think because he spent some of his youth in Indonesia? The stereotype doesn't fit anything else in his background. I'm not sure I've ever even heard it applied to Indonesians but at least that's in the rough geographical ballpark.

I think he admitted he'd tried it while a kid living in Indonesia during an early interview and predictably the right hasn't shut up about it yet despite nobody else giving a dog's barbecued rear end.

It's not specifically a Muslim thing either since dog is a common meat in most of East/South East Asia besides Japan.

Vincent Van Goatse has a new favorite as of 14:47 on Aug 17, 2020

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I thought it was another 'shapiro can't make his wife wet' reference.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Captain Monkey posted:

Gonna pick up some thigh food later. What should I get?

popeyes cooks a good thigh but im more of breast man myself.

ill admit i used to say thigh instead of thai because im stupid bad at pronouncing stuff i read and it has a th. once i hear the correct pronunciation i swap over to the real one though.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

snergle posted:

popeyes cooks a good thigh but im more of breast man myself.

ill admit i used to say thigh instead of thai because im stupid bad at pronouncing stuff i read and it has a th. once i hear the correct pronunciation i swap over to the real one though.

Same, but I'm stubborn and just tell people to expect me to get it aggressively wrong til i can quietly change later.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/kittynouveau/status/1295377556317908998?s=21

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

The best part is he mentioned it in a book that came out in 2004 and it didn't become a right wing talking point until his reelection campaign which tells you how often a Republican opens a book.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
So this made me :stare: early this am. Red is a local paramedic, has been for a *LONG* time. Blue is a medical doctor and the county medical director for the fire/rescue service. Basically, he's the doctor that writes all the protocols (the stuff that paramedics are allowed to do, ie intubation, medication administration, etc.), runs the training, and is THE doctor that all paramedics and EMT's have to answer to if something happens in the back of the truck and you gently caress up. Lots of times where I'm at, a doctor will be the medical director for multiple agencies and counties; and let me tell you, that doctor always knows their poo poo backwards and forwards. So imagine my surprise when I read this foolishness

Just..... imagine having the loving balls to say that poo poo to someone who could end your entire career with one phone call. :stare: Incredible.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/SAMOYEDCORE/status/1295127652815183872

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Since I’ve been w my company, there’s been efforts towards equity. It started w conversations about gender-equity. There was a post on the company intranet from our CEO and COO about these efforts. This is NOT a big company. Saw a guy reply w a screed. Didn’t see the screed later in the day. Can’t recall if the guy was around by the end of the week, but it was amazing to see.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Captain Monkey posted:

Gonna pick up some thigh food later. What should I get?

Chicken thais

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Beef, pat thighs.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

I’ve never played a game of StarCraft in my life, and even I know it’s not zurge rush. Too bad, because I was really buying their arguments until I saw that and realized they had to be stupid.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Are we so far from Starcraft being a thing that "zurge rush" is how we type it now?

Now I feel old :(

e: fb :argh:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Rather than sieging a major enemy city, just simply take it!

If I were Hitler I would have won the war. It's just that easy.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Really, the trick is to split your forces so you leave one unit besieging, while the rest of the stack goes around the city and moves on to take the rest of the region

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Listen all Hitler had to do to win the war was: *lists a bunch of things Hitler was literally trying to do but because it's real life and not a simulation game for sexless nerds it didn't turn it exactly as planned*

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If I was a military leader I would simply win instead of losing, I wonder why anyone hasn't thought of that

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Andrast posted:

If I was a military leader I would simply win instead of losing, I wonder why anyone hasn't thought of that

I'm pretty sure this is the Trump approach to strategy

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
lmao why didn't hitler just use console commands

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

christmas boots posted:

lmao why didn't hitler just use console commands

They patched those out of the competitive play client

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

My favorite part of things like this is how they always end up at "the nazis could've won if they weren't nazis!"

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Zipperelli. posted:

So this made me :stare: early this am. Red is a local paramedic, has been for a *LONG* time. Blue is a medical doctor and the county medical director for the fire/rescue service. Basically, he's the doctor that writes all the protocols (the stuff that paramedics are allowed to do, ie intubation, medication administration, etc.), runs the training, and is THE doctor that all paramedics and EMT's have to answer to if something happens in the back of the truck and you gently caress up. Lots of times where I'm at, a doctor will be the medical director for multiple agencies and counties; and let me tell you, that doctor always knows their poo poo backwards and forwards. So imagine my surprise when I read this foolishness

Just..... imagine having the loving balls to say that poo poo to someone who could end your entire career with one phone call. :stare: Incredible.

:psyduck:

At the EMS company I work for, we treat the medical directors with more respect than the CEO. How the gently caress did he think this was a good idea.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Please keep us up to date on Red's fate

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

And let's not forget, that the 160k figure is following months of lockdowns, mask wearing, and most people doing their absolute best to behave and not get this thing. Who knows how high the number would be if it was treated just like regular flu season.

The 'every death gets written off as covid' is just the most ridiculous "I saw someone on facebook say this, so I'll repeat it as truth" nonsense too. They must think there is absolutely zero oversight into how deaths are recorded, and that you can't have like 5 lines of causes and reasons on a death cert.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Destroying my career to own the libs

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RFC2324 posted:

I'm pretty sure this is the Trump approach to strategy

Does that mean I'll be the president one day?

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Byzantine posted:

My favorite part of things like this is how they always end up at "the nazis could've won if they weren't nazis!"

The classic example of nazis loving up specifically because they were nazis is D-Day, when none of the nazi generals wanted to wake up Hitler so they could ask for reinforcements.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Andrast posted:

Does that mean I'll be the president one day?

You would make a very good general until you hit Stalingrad

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pyrotoad posted:

The classic example of nazis loving up specifically because they were nazis is D-Day, when none of the nazi generals wanted to wake up Hitler so they could ask for reinforcements.

I know it was because he had massive ego problems and wanted to lead the charge and get the glory but I'd like to think that if I were in Patton's position I'd be stoked to know that I could effectively divert Nazi attention with a fake army just by virtue of my reputation.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Zipperelli. posted:

I am so curious to see how this goes, because, well, like you said, every doc I've ever met who ever did medical directorships for medical command services are insanely good at what they do.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quidditch it and quit it posted:

gently caress me that’s just insanely awful

Pitbull isn’t that bad of a musician and seems like a decent guy. Sad he’s tied up in all this.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Found a DDees in the wild :ohdear:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

rodbeard posted:

The best part is he mentioned it in a book that came out in 2004 and it didn't become a right wing talking point until his reelection campaign which tells you how often a Republican opens a book.

tbf, how long did it take for us to notice Hillary's thoughts on having house slaves in her book?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Pyrotoad posted:

it wouldn't have mattered IIRC, hitler was convinced that the d-day invasion of normandy was a feint and that the real invasion was coming for calais

by the time he realized maybe there was only the one invasion it was far too late

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Didn't they drop off a dead homeless guy dressed up as a british officer with papers saying "we're definitely going to attack calais" specifically to make him think that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

Didn't they drop off a dead homeless guy dressed up as a british officer with papers saying "we're definitely going to attack calais" specifically to make him think that?

Yep, operation Mincemeat. Worst/best operation code name in history.