Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

dog nougat posted:

Have any milk crates?

preferably something that looks nice.. maybe I shouldn't have said DIY hah

I could also just put it right on the floor, I assume that's fine as long as I have a bit of space behind it for airflow. Probably best until I decide if I'll upgrade to a PS5 on release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I went back and played more avengers beta before the cutoff. Ashamed to say I didn’t hate my time with it by the end. The opening was mad awful though

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
I really appreciate when games I'm on the fence about release a beta and it helps me decide I don't want to play the game.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i beat hell house

gently caress hell house

that ruled

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

i beat hell house

gently caress hell house

that ruled
That fight was absolutely ridiculous. One of my top 10 most memorable JRPG boss fights ever.

Some of the other top 10 might be in that game too.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Did you savor that Healing Wind

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

preferably something that looks nice.. maybe I shouldn't have said DIY hah

I could also just put it right on the floor, I assume that's fine as long as I have a bit of space behind it for airflow. Probably best until I decide if I'll upgrade to a PS5 on release.

Unless your house is super clean constantly I wouldn't set it directly on the floor, it's gonna suck up a lot of dust real drat quick. I imagine a lil plant stand/or end table would work well enough. There are also some kinda goofy looking wall mount options for the ps4 as well.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Did you savor that Healing Wind

i was huffing that poo poo like nitrous at burning man

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

i beat hell house

gently caress hell house

that ruled

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013
I played the Avengers Beta over the weekend. Admittedly only for the sweet sweet free Fortnite cosmetics. But it isnt a game I would normally ever look at but I walked away having quite enjoyed it. Felt very much like a western musou game. Couldn't get the multiplayer mission to launch with someone else in my firesquad or what ever its called, But worked fine solo. Ill seriously consider this game come launch. Any word on PS5 patch/release?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Echotic posted:

I played the Avengers Beta over the weekend. Admittedly only for the sweet sweet free Fortnite cosmetics. But it isnt a game I would normally ever look at but I walked away having quite enjoyed it. Felt very much like a western musou game. Couldn't get the multiplayer mission to launch with someone else in my firesquad or what ever its called, But worked fine solo. Ill seriously consider this game come launch. Any word on PS5 patch/release?

Yep! Everyone who owns the PS4 game gets the PS5 version free.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I was worried that I wouldn't be able to go back to Days Gone after putting it on hold for the GOTY-level double whammy of TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima, but I fired it up this weekend and it really is just an enjoyable game to play. I'm in the postgame going for the plat, so I'm just riding around doing camp missions and clearing out small to mid-size hordes, it's very relaxing. Though I did get the "secret ending" and I'm not sure I fully understand its implications. I do like that there are other little story tie-ups that only show up while you're in the postgame (we get a nice scene at Iron Mike's grave and get to see what became of Lisa, for example).

I don't know what I'll move on to once I finish this up though. I was going to rent Avengers when it came out but playing the beta made me feel like I should wait a few months at least before committing any time to that, and after that there's nothing new on my radar until the late-October/mid-November. Maybe I'll fire up Witcher 3 for a fourth playthrough...

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Man I love hiding in the snow in my pitch black samurai Batman outfit.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I think it works just fine?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blind Rasputin posted:

I think it works just fine?

Wow that's loving nuts, just carving giant slices of whale off like that.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Lobok posted:

I wonder if Cap even has a comedy option costume. Maybe his hokey tour costume or the Roger Corman movie costume.

Or his dorky look from the first Avengers movie.

According to one of Jim Sterling's videos, there are some costumes linked to your internet service provider, so you can have a Verizon color branded Cap - the epitome of being American.

Capitalist consumer whores, ASSEMBLE!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

mcbexx posted:

According to one of Jim Sterling's videos, there are some costumes linked to your internet service provider, so you can have a Verizon color branded Cap - the epitome of being American.

Capitalist consumer whores, ASSEMBLE!

Not even in a fun way like the logo on the shoulder or on their back or costumes like Nascar racers, just blatantly wearing the company colors.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

no no, you got it all wrong. the player character is just really small

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax7kENH-A7s

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

every day I wake up, I think to myself
"where is Elden Ring??"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I heard Bandai Namco sent some of the team from Deep Down to help Fromsoft get the project moving along.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

"where is Elden Ring??"

stuck somewhere in GRRMs flab

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am one of the few lucky ones who has been suckered back into Horizon Zero Dawn on PC and has not had any crashes or issues with the game at all in the 20 hours I have played so far and it has prompted me to return to the start of the old HZD threads and I just wanted to mention that this post from the spoiler thread:

exquisite tea posted:

...when we head out to the Forbidden West in the sequel.

Made 15 days after the game came out made me stop for a moment and copy the reaction gif of the guy who nods, raises his eyebrows and nods some more. Dang Exquisite Tea. What a prediction!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
VG post more often, we miss you! Also glad you’re enjoying HZD.

Recently in BB I died a bunch of times trying to get into one secret door halfway down the Healing Church Workshop but then I made it and UM

UM

UHHHH

WTF

game good

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

VG post more often, we miss you! Also glad you’re enjoying HZD.

Recently in BB I died a bunch of times trying to get into one secret door halfway down the Healing Church Workshop but then I made it and UM

UM

UHHHH

WTF

game good

There is no game like Bloodborne for wandering into an area and being like "Wait now what the gently caress does THIS mean"

Dark Souls 1 has a similar moment where you find the ash lake

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

"where is Elden Ring??"

no ring

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Everyones Favorite Poster posted:

Any tips for not being so bad at MGS 5? I think I like it but I suck and the frustration of getting killed and having to slowly re-infiltrate and getting popped again and again is making me not wanna play anymore.

Take your time - scan the area to detect all soldiers then have a plan in your mind and a escape route - You can approach the missions whatever way you want- if you just ask for artillery attacks and then ask for a tank - nobody will judge you (the game can even give you a S result for the mission if you excel that way)

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

There is no game like Bloodborne for wandering into an area and being like "Wait now what the gently caress does THIS mean"

Dark Souls 1 has a similar moment where you find the ash lake

And DS2 when you take the elevator from Earthen Peak

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Everyones Favorite Poster posted:

Any tips for not being so bad at MGS 5? I think I like it but I suck and the frustration of getting killed and having to slowly re-infiltrate and getting popped again and again is making me not wanna play anymore.

Aside from what was said above, big tip; Any time a mission says to assassinate a target, kidnap fulton and recruit them instead. They all have high stats.

If they're in a vehicle convoy, stop the vehicle and then knock them out :v:.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Attitude Indicator posted:

And DS2 when you take the elevator from Earthen Peak

It didn't bother me that was obviously misplaced but made me think "nice teleportation device" instead. The tunnel from shaded woods to Drangleic Castle has this same feeling that is just a loading screen to a different map that doesn't connect at all.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I just finished Tsushima. Overall a very good game I think. In some ways a return to basics for open world games. I started playing both AC Origins and Odyssey before I started this, but compared to this they're going to feel really over-designed with too many dumb gamey things, so I don't know if I'll continue them.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

VideoGames posted:

I am one of the few lucky ones who has been suckered back into Horizon Zero Dawn on PC and has not had any crashes or issues with the game at all in the 20 hours I have played so far and it has prompted me to return to the start of the old HZD threads and I just wanted to mention that this post from the spoiler thread:

Made 15 days after the game came out made me stop for a moment and copy the reaction gif of the guy who nods, raises his eyebrows and nods some more. Dang Exquisite Tea. What a prediction!

Fuckin nailed it

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/17/ghost-of-tsushima-legends-coming-to-ps4-fall-2020/

Ghost of Tsushima is getting online 4-player co-op this Fall with its own set of missions and raids and such.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GET THE gently caress IN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIf_hJCZyhQ

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

God drat that's cool

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Policenaut posted:

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/17/ghost-of-tsushima-legends-coming-to-ps4-fall-2020/

Ghost of Tsushima is getting online 4-player co-op this Fall with its own set of missions and raids and such.

What the gently caress

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

If I'm at the mission "The Heart of the Nora" in HZD, how far do I have left to go in the game?

It's right after you fight the big machine in the arena.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

:black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Co-op multiplayer? :getin: