Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

smarxist posted:

Alan Angels vs Billy
Lance Archer vs Jon Cruz/Jessy Sorensen (yes they've moved to handicap matches for Lance lmao)
Beaver Boys/Cult Cabana vs D3, Ryzin, Faboo Andre
Shawn Dean & Frank Stone vs Sonny Kiss & Joey Janela
Will Hobbs vs Shawn Spears
Michael Nakazawa vs Kip Sabian
Private Party & SCU vs Lucha Bros & The Butcher & The Blade
Red Velvet vs Abadon
Ricky Starks vs Lee Johnson
Baron Black & Tony Donati vs Santana & Ortiz
The Hybrid2 vs The Initiative

Jesse Sorensen as in footballhead from TNA? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Sorensen

quote:

Private Party & SCU vs Lucha Bros & The Butcher & The Blade

This match is going to absolutely smack.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
can't even get more than one women's div match on Dark :negative:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sounds like Excalibur's back next week

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

smarxist posted:

can't even get more than one women's div match on Dark :negative:

Comfort yourself with the semi finals of the tag tournament tonight.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i didn’t think the excaliburless announce team was very good to be honest.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1mexDkoabw

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

i didn’t think the excaliburless announce team was very good to be honest.

No, it's been so much worse. None of the guys know the moves.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
this might sound crazy but dark order may have to spin off into their own weekly meta shitpost youtube show

they already have the intro

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

It was definitely rough the first couple of shows but they seemed to sort it out a bit last week, it was not great but noticeably better.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I like the AEW commentary team but it's clear that Excalibur is the glue holding it all together.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I knew there was something to watch tonight but was having trouble remembering what it was. It's this!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Seams posted:

I like the AEW commentary team but it's clear that Excalibur is the glue holding it all together.

Without Excalibur, the three-man booth is too much. Tony and Taz on Dark are fun as hell and may not call all of the moves but they have enough room to talk and joke and let things breathe. With Tony, Taz, and JR it's just too much of three guys not always noticing the small details or knowing when to call a big move. It's a weird dynamic that a three person booth only seems to work with one specific guy in the mix.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

It’s probably gonna bum me right the hell out when they put Nightmare Sisters over Swole Family.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Scotty... Scotty....

That's a lot of Gold...Man!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
"I don't think WWE's gonna license out a Randy Orton match"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

"I don't think WWE's gonna license out a Randy Orton match"
i'm loving dying op

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Excalibur is like WCW-era Mike Tenay if he had a sense of humor and comedic timing. Excalibur knows every move and sprinkles in a ton of history during matches that add a lot. You don't necessarily realize it until he's not there. And he's able to laugh at himself and the rest of the booth, so it never turns into a parody of itself like Matt Striker or Mauro Ranallo (who I loved until WWE killed his love of wrestling).

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the biggest thing is the move calling, especially without crowds, Kenny Omega hitting a beautiful V-trigger and JR almost as an afterthought to the entire booth sounding lost saying "Omega hits a rising knee..." before they go back to trying to do more talking up of an old angle or something was annoying as poo poo

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I could handle it better if it felt like any of them were watching the match in front of them. But they keep missing the finishers and signature moves of wrestlers they're literally paid to watch each week and that's just bad commentary.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Legit didn’t recognize him.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
JR is a lot more grating without Excalibur. Taz is good (except when the subject of Brian Cage comes up) but is no substitute for ameliorating JR.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

smarxist posted:

lol, if this was posted when Brodie had big plat, I missed it, he took a photo of it with mom on mother's day :kimchi:

I appreciated Brodie donating on that New Legacy stream, Uno donating, then Brodie donating again. "gently caress you Uno"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Brodie is great.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Brodie is the best example of how trying to book a guy solely based on look can fail, he’s been one of my favorite guys in AEW over the pandemic stretch.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/EvilUno/status/1295400525832364032

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Brodie is the best example of how trying to book a guy solely based on look can fail, he’s been one of my favorite guys in AEW over the pandemic stretch.

he has also improved week upon week since arriving, his debut was hot because of the build, but it kinda leveled off fast, and he had a few stutters here and there, but the past 45 days or so, he's been wonderful, and obviously fleshing the character of Mr. Brodie out more and more, and chasing the energy like a pro. Maybe it was conceived much more cruelly/dark as a McMahon rib caricature, but he's owning it

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It's much more Scientology than WWE at this point. I think he's straight up lifted a few Miscaviage lines.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
What the gently caress Tony!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pylons posted:

It's much more Scientology than WWE at this point. I think he's straight up lifted a few Miscaviage lines.

He's also used things directly from Vince. It's both things.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's a cult leader just like Miscaviage or Vince.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Brodie Lee 100% should win the TNT belt from Cody this Saturday, and win it clean. Dude deserves it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I have trouble seeing Cody dropping the belt this close to All Out, but I really hope it happens.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Brodie Lee has been cool as hell ever since I saw him at a Chikara show like 13 years ago. He always performed above the level of the material he was given in the WWE and it's awesome to see him portrayed as a super-intelligent beast instead of a swamp idiot like he got pigeonholed as for some reason.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

smarxist posted:

he has also improved week upon week since arriving, his debut was hot because of the build, but it kinda leveled off fast, and he had a few stutters here and there, but the past 45 days or so, he's been wonderful, and obviously fleshing the character of Mr. Brodie out more and more, and chasing the energy like a pro. Maybe it was conceived much more cruelly/dark as a McMahon rib caricature, but he's owning it

Really helped getting new gear and getting rid of the Bray Wyatt reference in his finisher setup.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

enigmahfc posted:

Brodie Lee 100% should win the TNT belt from Cody this Saturday, and win it clean. Dude deserves it.

:yeah:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Brodie really wasn't helped by being awkwardly jammed into a rushed feud with Mox but this Colt storyline has been great for both of them. I reckon Brodie loses this week and that Cody/Colt is the All Out match.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Vince MechMahon posted:

He's also used things directly from Vince. It's both things.

And definitely at least some of the things people think are Vince bits are Miscaviage bits and vice versa.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Pylons posted:

I have trouble seeing Cody dropping the belt this close to All Out, but I really hope it happens.

What is the TNT belt if dropping it on TV shortly before a PPV isn’t plausible? I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I would be nervous if Cody retained and they set up a big match for this title at All Out. I know Cody has talked about how he doesn’t believe in midcard belts and he wants the TNT title to be legitimately important, but “Also the championship belt, except Cody can win this one” is super uninspiring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

enigmahfc posted:

Brodie Lee 100% should win the TNT belt from Cody this Saturday, and win it clean. Dude deserves it, and Cody needs to loving lose already.

:agreed: completely