Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Varg posted:

New Thou album of other covers, including 4 Black Sabbaths https://thou.bandcamp.com/album/a-primer-of-holy-words

I was the most surprised that they did an Agents of Oblivion cover, holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
Finally getting a chance to sit down and listen to the new Pallbearer track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH9GggAVjpg

I kept thinking I wasn't into it at moments, then finding myself totally swept up in it. By the end of the song I found I really appreciated it and enjoyed it. Not sure why it was such a rollercoaster for me. I can't wait for the new album.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

It's incredible. I love it.

Should I like, iron it or something? I've never owned an anime wallscroll before

Eat The Rich fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 17, 2020

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
It's probably polyester so if you iron it get it damp first and start with a low heat. Then you can fly it from your flagpole on public holidays following normal flag regulations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

big scary monsters posted:

Then you can fly it from your flagpole on public holidays following normal flag regulations.

Or just 24/7, those rules don’t mean much.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Excuse me the Bell Witch Flag Code is extremely serious and not to be taken lightly.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Thanks for all the advice everyone. It looks twice as rad now.

I kept thinking I burnt it cause there's so much orange. I had to pull it up on the web to ease my mind.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That thing's so loving rad :rock:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Nice Om poster

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Snowy posted:

Nice Om poster

Thanks! It's from the tour last year. There's an Ufommaut poster next to that.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

post the ufomammut one

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

drat thats tight

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Mirror Reaper is such a slap. Seeing them play the whole thing in full after midnight at Days of Darkness was good

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Ingmar terdman posted:

Mirror Reaper is such a slap. Seeing them play the whole thing in full after midnight at Days of Darkness was good

I saw them when they opened for Sleep in Phoenix. They played an abridged version but it was rad.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Eat The Rich posted:

Thanks! It's from the tour last year. There's an Ufommaut poster next to that.

Really annoyed Om didn’t make a poster for the Pioneer Works dates last year.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

butros posted:

Really annoyed Om didn’t make more albums

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

why don’t we have both.gif

Speaking of I think I read somewhere Al is coming out with a new solo record this year.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

SDS adjacent ...

It's Monday which means time for the Two Minutes to Late Night crew to drop another cover.

This time they got lead singer from Windhand on vocals covering a Type O-Negative track. I like Windhand (although, enjoy them more live than on album) but never into Type-O Negative. They get mentioned here though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT647n2J6bM

Not the most exciting Monday offering from them but hey they're still putting in work.

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

I just cant get into windhand.

I liked their split with cough when I heard it, and I bought soma, but it rarely gets play. I saw them live in early 2015 or so and I was bored. By the time griefs eternal flower came out I was over it, I haven't listened to eternal return.

That's my windhand post, I hope it doesn't trigger anyone.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
They're an extremely dull band.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I can completely see how people would think windhand is dull but I like the sound so they’re ok by me. It’s like ambient doom that just feels nice.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Type O Negative on the other hand has felt corny to me since they first started. And I mean musically, let alone this kind of stuff

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
I dig them, I get the boring thing though. I really like Dorthia Cottrell though. Her acoustic album was really good and chill. Very fitting for a type o negative cover.

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

Snowy posted:

Type O Negative on the other hand has felt corny to me since they first started. And I mean musically, let alone this kind of stuff

Hahaha man thats pretty cringey. I've never been a huge Type-O Negative fan, but like their "hits"

Pallbearer's cover of Love You to Death rules.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Im a big Type O fan and absolutely none of their humor is funny unless you grew up in working class Brooklyn during the 90s. I just dig the music.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Kvlt! posted:

Im a big Type O fan and absolutely none of their humor is funny unless you grew up in working class Brooklyn during the 90s. I just dig the music.

I was living in nyc then and was into the hardcore and metal scenes they came out of in the late 80s. I’ve never seen anything of theirs I would have called funny even then. That era spawned some very bad music in NY and type o negative was definitely part of that imo. I know they’re getting a lot of love these days but I never got the appeal.

Carnivore was also douche music but at least sound cool.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i mean theyre not a comedy band like GWAR or something I think Peter just injected a little bit of his brand of humor into some songs/lyrics. Idk anyone who listens to Type O bc they think its funny.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Type 0 are great. I love their production.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I’ve never listened to Type O but Carnivore are in that S.O.D. category with the ironic(?) ultra edgy humor that always just makes me think “you had to be there I guess.” I’m sure if he were alive Peter Steele would make terrible statements all the time.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

hatelull posted:

SDS adjacent ...

It's Monday which means time for the Two Minutes to Late Night crew to drop another cover.

This time they got lead singer from Windhand on vocals covering a Type O-Negative track. I like Windhand (although, enjoy them more live than on album) but never into Type-O Negative. They get mentioned here though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT647n2J6bM

Not the most exciting Monday offering from them but hey they're still putting in work.

It's real real weird how they title these videos, using the entire band name when one member is there.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I think this song's kinda funny during the chorus when Peter goes "I KNOW YOURE loving SOMEONE ELSE" and then the background harmonies go "he knows youre loving someone eeeeeeelse"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-eV3WfijMY

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

nerve posted:

It's real real weird how they title these videos, using the entire band name when one member is there.

Draws in more viewers with name recognition. I like how all of these include “members of Cave In.” Brodsky is running the whole thing!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

I’m sure if he were alive Peter Steele would make terrible statements all the time.

Why

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Because guys with edgelord senses of humor are wont to do that?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

He was also bipolar, severely clinically depressed, and had substance abuse issues. If you want to say something about a statement he actually made I have no qualms but I think it's lame to say "this person would do X if they were alive". Some people grow and change, some don't, and we don't know what Peter would be doing/thinking/saying if he were alive today.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Because guys with edgelord senses of humor are wont to do that?

I’ve never listened to Type O

:thunk:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

If only there were some other band he was in that was known for its humorous and edgy lyrics, perhaps one that I could've brought up in the same post.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I've never listened to Carnivore.

I just think assuming what dead people would say or do is a bad buzz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Here's the tracklist from their second album, to give you some context.

Also, I misspelled it as Carbivore in my initial search, and now I want that to be a stoner thrash band.

e: And Peter Steele singing "Jesus Christ looks like me," will always be funny to me.

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 17, 2020