Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Gravity was better at what Pandora tried to do because it wasn't full of dumb looking blue cats.

that reminds me, reignofevil's avatar these days makes me viscerally uncomfortable. That thing's loving face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

that reminds me, reignofevil's avatar these days makes me viscerally uncomfortable. That thing's loving face

I might possibly be working on some kind of cure for the Pandora Disorder but it's slow going. Almost definitely going to be after someone hits the necessary button to de-king Funky.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Related, I have been neglecting my avatar avatar duties because I am tired from work, so apologies to all in this thread who are gulping lungfuls of toxic air and disentigrating from the inside out and etc etc

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
would a navi thrive on earth?

golden bells
Oct 17, 2013

Without having seen the movie, I'd have to say that Pandora looks like a 70s sci-fi/fantasy book cover

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

fauna posted:

Probably not!

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
I'm sincerely touched by this avatar. This new form is like my super saiyan level 3.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

fauna posted:

Look forward to the Holocaust parallel that Cameron inserts, where all the Navi get shipped to earth for "re-education" and slowly get crushed to death by our gravity.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

fauna posted:

No, don't they not breathe oxygen or something?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

No, don't they not breathe oxygen or something?

humans don't breathe Pandora air. It's not been confirmed yet if the disgusting catfolk can breathe regular air.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

humans don't breathe Pandora air. It's not been confirmed yet if the disgusting catfolk can breathe regular air.

Hmm, interesting.

*Breathes deeply*

*dies*

Aw, crap, gotta treeboot brb

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
So since Avatars are like cloned by Earthlings to be soulless husks or whatever, will Jake and whatsherfaces' kids be horrible abominations because science didn't foresee that someone would actually want to gently caress a blue cat person?

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Archer666 posted:

So since Avatars are like cloned by Earthlings to be soulless husks or whatever, will Jake and whatsherfaces' kids be horrible abominations because science didn't foresee that someone would actually want to gently caress a blue cat person?

I think he uploaded his soul into the body in the movie somehow using one of their trees

I'd like to see the reverse avatar, where the aliens have to make human avatars and the events of the film take the form of a "when harry met sally" esque romantic comedy

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

FunkyAl posted:

I think he uploaded his soul into the body in the movie somehow using one of their trees

I'd like to see the reverse avatar, where the aliens have to make human avatars and the events of the film take the form of a "when harry met sally" esque romantic comedy

listen how often do i have to post in this thread to get a stuid avatar, ANY stupid avater

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
look at me i'm beautiful now

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
ewa navi

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

reignofevil posted:

I might possibly be working on some kind of cure for the Pandora Disorder but it's slow going. Almost definitely going to be after someone hits the necessary button to de-king Funky.

UPDATE

I like it this way. We're all just gonna have to learn to love living on pandora because I've decided not to change back!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

listen how often do i have to post in this thread to get a stuid avatar, ANY stupid avater

Yours looks like it's made of taffy.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

I'd like to be turned into that avatar that has pink skin and no hair that I dreamed of last night.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Yours looks like it's made of taffy.

That one is the Avatar animatronic from disneyland, which is actually extremely impressive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p4mn5BstQo

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

FunkyAl posted:

That one is the Avatar animatronic from disneyland, which is actually extremely impressive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p4mn5BstQo

Yes, but can you even have sex with it?

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
who wouldn't make a robot they couldn't gently caress

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

RickRogers posted:

Yes, but can you even have sex with it?

If you like getting your penis all mangled and hosed up by the inside of a clock

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

another day working at Disneyland. everyone keeps asking me if they can gently caress the Avatar animatronic. buddy, they won’t even let me gently caress it

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

"Haha, I wishI could buddy! Haha, ha ha...." *looks around warily*
"Meet me at the spinning tea cups just before closing....buddy"

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

That's for club 23 or whatever members only.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Apparently the rest of the ride is really boring.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Apparently the rest of the ride is really boring.

Can confirm. Pretty, but boring.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Can confirm. Pretty, but boring.

but ha enough about hahahaha Avatar ahahahahahaha

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

oh but seriously I posted:

but ha enough about hahahaha Avatar ahahahahahaha

Your laughter exposes your fangs! I hiss at you from atop the fridge! I mean, uh, WILD ARBOREAL FRIDGE yeah!!!!

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Your laughter exposes your fangs! I hiss at you from atop the fridge! I mean, uh, WILD ARBOREAL FRIDGE yeah!!!!

(with apologies to Fauna)

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Musluk posted:

(with apologies to Fauna)

I accept this tribute. Also I peed on the fridge so I can stick to it better, just so you know I'm being safe.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Should have connected your hairpenis to the power cable so you can become one with the fridge and enter The Cool Zone

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Archer666 posted:

Should have connected your hairpenis to the power cable so you can become one with the fridge and enter The Cool Zone

Excuse me, bit that so called "hairpenis" is called a "queue"

I quote the avatar wiki:

"Na'vi couples may also connect queues while mating, though this is purely to create an emotional bond and does not in itself lead to procreation."

I think the more appropriate human analogy would be when one partner "puts one in the stink", not necessary for procreation, but creates a deeper bond between partners nonetheless.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

fauna posted:

well, here goes nothing

I have a very annoying and rude question, for which I have dragged a mouse corpse to the tree as tribute. I keep thinking Pick is me and I'm Pick, and I think the Pandora pee-mur represents me better. Could I maybe get this as my av? Please don't bite me and push me out of the tree!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i got the most dogshit of Av avs. it needs to be 300% better or 30,000% worse

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

So your av is kind of mediocre? Isn’t that truly the Avatar experience?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

oh but seriously I posted:

i got the most dogshit of Av avs. it needs to be 300% better or 30,000% worse

Better huddle around the tree of souls and start praying for a new one!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

*draws a lemur on the trunk with fruit juice like Rafiki*

*also starts going WHHOOOO HOOO HAHAHA like Rafiki*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...

RickRogers posted:

Look forward to the Holocaust parallel that Cameron inserts, where all the Navi get shipped to earth for "re-education" and slowly get crushed to death by our gravity.
the intention of the holocaust wasn't re-education, it was total extermination...

a plot point that would mesh more with cameron's metaphors would be navi children being placed with earth families to be raised as earth-savvy supersoldiers, only to be slowly crushed to death by our gravity. but this is a plot point in my defunct webcomic, so i would sue.

i think we will eventually see a canonical human/navi hybrid, and it will be a beautiful, tragic creature, doomed to an early death from heroism. but first it will get a plot-relevant sex scene