Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

It's gonna own if Brodie wins the belt and it just motivates the rest of Dark Order even more, since they're so proud of him and want him to feel that same joy.

It would also be great if he kept the open challenge concept (at least for a while) as it would be a great way to have somebody from the Dark Order almost beat him. I'd be curious to see if he'd be pissed off or happy about that. Probably happy they took the initiative and managed to improve so much, right?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

enigmahfc posted:

Brodie Lee 100% should win the TNT belt from Cody this Saturday, and win it clean. Dude deserves it.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

the TNT belt needs to be won and lost on television and it's absurd to wait for a PPV to do it. why the hell have a TV specific title and name it as such if not?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

Brodie Lee has been cool as hell ever since I saw him at a Chikara show like 13 years ago. He always performed above the level of the material he was given in the WWE and it's awesome to see him portrayed as a super-intelligent beast instead of a swamp idiot like he got pigeonholed as for some reason.

Vince didn't let Brodie talk because he doesn't have a southern accent.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

the escape goat posted:

the TNT belt needs to be won and lost on television and it's absurd to wait for a PPV to do it. why the hell have a TV specific title and name it as such if not?

Honestly they shouldn't even defend it on ppv.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Vince MechMahon posted:

Honestly they shouldn't even defend it on ppv.

It's not PPV is TNT +

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

A Fancy Hat posted:

Probably happy they took the initiative and managed to improve so much, right?

A proper Vince parody would immediately kneecap his followers the moment they succeed at anything.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
When Excalibur comes back, he'll probably be displacing Taz, but he should be displacing JR.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

No, it's been so much worse. None of the guys know the moves.

Tony tries, god bless him, but I think most of that was edited in in post.

Rarity posted:

Brodie really wasn't helped by being awkwardly jammed into a rushed feud with Mox but this Colt storyline has been great for both of them. I reckon Brodie loses this week and that Cody/Colt is the All Out match.

The Moxley feud had the best finish I've ever seen to a heavyweight championship match and Moxley screaming at Preston Vance "YOU'RE HIS SPECIAL BOY!", I will hear nothing against it.

the escape goat posted:

You do realize it was won for the first time on a PPV, right? THat horse is already out of the barn.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

MJeff posted:

When Excalibur comes back, he'll probably be displacing Taz, but he should be displacing JR.

Taz should stay on Dark, JR should be saved for interviews and special occasions, and Veda Scott should take his place.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

rantmo posted:

Taz should stay on Dark, JR should be saved for interviews and special occasions, and Veda Scott should take his place.

I would absolutely love if Veda got a permanent spot. She's been fantastic.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

A Fancy Hat posted:

It's gonna own if Brodie wins the belt and it just motivates the rest of Dark Order even more, since they're so proud of him and want him to feel that same joy.

It would also be great if he kept the open challenge concept (at least for a while) as it would be a great way to have somebody from the Dark Order almost beat him. I'd be curious to see if he'd be pissed off or happy about that. Probably happy they took the initiative and managed to improve so much, right?

Gimme Brodie vs. John Silver.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

A Fancy Hat posted:

I think you could also do something where Brodie lee will only give you a TNT shot if you beat some number of the Dark Order, maybe just V and Stu (and 10 if/when he's recovered).

Also there should be a Hangman vs. Brodie ironman match. Not related to this, but I really want to see that.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Hangman beating Brody for the TNT belt then Kenny wins the aew title in a fit of insecurity, book it

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm not sure if that's funnier with them holding the tag team belts, or without.

Tagteam champs fighting over the midcard belt and champ belt, while everyone else gets increasingly annoyed at them sounds like a weird/funny angle, though.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Do you fine folks really think Cody is going to lose the Cody Presents Cody Wins Belt, Starring Cody

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
okay Brandon just calling out to Peter after the Dark Order segment loving killed me

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think the ____ AF is lowkey one of my favorite bits. I need them to do it to Hangman and an acoustic guitar sting plays.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Jackie D posted:

Hangman beating Brody for the TNT belt then Kenny wins the aew title in a fit of insecurity, book it

finally we can have a tag team unification title match

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I think the Brodie/Cody outcome is the least predictable of all the Cody matches - Dark Order has been winning and gaining a lot of clout in AEW and for Brodie to lose here would quash their momentum and would make for the second title match Brodie can't finish on, which would undermine him as the exalted leader. I'd guess something will happen where it's contested and they rematch at All Out, because Brodie losing clean to Cody would seriously hurt the effectiveness of his character.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I don't mind a fuckered finish if we get a rematch at All Out where it can feel like Literally Anything can happen

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I do feel like the unfinished belt setup is too good to just throw away.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I want Brodie to win, but not on a Saturday episode nobody's gonna see, so, gently caress finish or time limit draw or something to set up a rematch for All Out, please.

Also I just wanna make sure, did anybody else find CD parodying Tom Selleck's stupid reverse mortgage scam as funny as I did?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yes, the eyebrows/mustache were great, and then it slowly dawning on him what a scam it is lmao

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

dark order helps him win the belt and then he wins the rematch at the ppv where the dark order is banned from ringside. after the match the dark order all run to the ring and celebrate wildly like when lex luger won the wcw belt

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

smarxist posted:

yes, the eyebrows/mustache were great, and then it slowly dawning on him what a scam it is lmao

Like half of the commercial is Selleck going "DON'T WORRY OLD PEOPLE THIS ISN'T A SCAM" so yeah I loving loved that.

Cavauro posted:

dark order helps him win the belt and then he wins the rematch at the ppv where the dark order is banned from ringside. after the match the dark order all run to the ring and celebrate wildly like when lex luger won the wcw belt

Fine but only if he taps out Cody with the rack.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Brodie should win and honestly that’s because to me, Cody doesn’t feel on the same power level as Brodie. I can easily suspend my disbelief with Brodie in that he’s a super strong and tough cult leader but Cody is just Cody to me and my mind can’t shake the reality of that he has the belt because he says he has the belt. Sorry

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I think Brodie needs to win to maintain the Dark Order momentum unless they want to do a power struggle for leadership story within DO, which it seems way too early for

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MJeff posted:

Like half of the commercial is Selleck going "DON'T WORRY OLD PEOPLE THIS ISN'T A SCAM" so yeah I loving loved that.
My NOT A SCAM advert keeps raising questions already answered by the advert

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
coward tony, the booking congress has decided that Brodie must win, book it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Brodie carrying both real and temp belts around as if he’s a double champ would be really a really cool heel move imo

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I don’t think Cody needs anymore wins with the belt. Now is the perfect time to drop it to Brodie and where somebody else can chase it down from a heel.

Hell, even just continuing an open challenge within the AEW roster for this would be fun with Brodie as champion.

Long story short, Cody seems really elevated to me. He’s the face of this company (the amount of families and kids who love Cody, the amount of loving Nightmare Family tattoos, the insane amount of dads and moms who post on Cody’s twitter about how beloved he is by their kids, etc.) and he’s had a nice reign with this belt to make it already feel like it’s inline with the Intercontinental.

He’s done his part and in a stagnant climate that is THE COVIDS, gotta keep it fresh and trying some new things here and there.

Editors Note from me, ICKER: If he beats Brodie, which the internet will then deem a burial, Lance Archer needs to come out and tell him to prove that last win wasn’t a fluke, and then beat Cody for it.

It’s time baby!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

MJeff posted:

You do realize it was won for the first time on a PPV, right? THat horse is already out of the barn.

well aware, but that motherfucker can be jammed right back in the barn. introducing a new title at a PPV makes it feel like kind of a big deal, but making it a TV-only thing makes it a regular draw rather than Big Plat being what feels like a "ehhhh gotta wait for a PPV for this one"

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i hope cody wins

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i'm feeling more heat from Cody just being completely KO'd after the match and Brodie & Co. holding up his limp form to strap him up with the unfinished belt like a real chump

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

smarxist posted:

i'm feeling more heat from Cody just being completely KO'd after the match and Brodie & Co. holding up his limp form to strap him up with the unfinished belt like a real chump

And one more finger on the monkey’s paw closes as Alwayz Ready Matt Cardona makes the save and challenges Brodie for the belt at All Out.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lets go matt

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Cody should join the Dark Order and the Four Horsemen will be the the entire Dark Order and FTR.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think the Dark Order losing a bunch can be defended even if I'm not a fan of it, but if you put Brodie in this match and have him lose...it really seems like a stable full of giant losers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
no Kenny and Hangman on BTE? 0 buys negative five stars