Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

you bought a pack of mini pizzas????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Coredump posted:

Anyone tried the bulgogi beef that's on sale this week?

The pre-marinated stuff in the fresh deli case?

It works pretty well, but does need some spice to cut down on the sweetness. We chop it up a bit when we buy one, and toss half of it in a freezer bag in the freezer. When we cook it we put a mix some chili oil & sesame oil in the skillet with the beef, and it comes out pretty decent. For the price it's a good deal, although quality wise the meat does vary a bit.

e: we usually steam some broccoli, and then toss it in the skillet at the end to finish. Also works with rice / cauliflower rice.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Hint water is back at Costco (or at least at mine). It's even on sale. Highly recommend it. It's some of the purest, tastiest water i've ever had. True to it's namesake, you get just a hint of the flavor, but the water itself tastes like that good good Fiji water. I'm planning on stocking up as much as I can.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

ShowTime posted:

Hint water is back at Costco (or at least at mine). It's even on sale. Highly recommend it. It's some of the purest, tastiest water i've ever had. True to it's namesake, you get just a hint of the flavor, but the water itself tastes like that good good Fiji water. I'm planning on stocking up as much as I can.

water is always in stock from my sink?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FilthyImp posted:

Not a problem in the ^Air Fryer^ :sickos:

swish

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

tangy yet delightful posted:

I was blessed last night with a 14.5 cu ft chest freezer from the church. What are some of your favorite Costco freezer foods to fill it with?

The various frozen fish fillets are always excellent (the tilapia loins make great fish & chips), and if your kids love fish sticks then the Ultimate Fish Stick they carry is great. And if your kids don't like fish sticks, have them checked for :downs:

The pork loin chops that come 9 to a tray (one of which is always odd-looking) can be frozen separately and brought out as needed to make stuffed ones or butterfly cut to make thinner for frying. I like to take a few and slow cook them in sauerkraut until they're nice and tender. I'll keep the odd ones in the freezer until I have a half dozen to make pulled pork with.

And then there's the two gallons of vanilla ice cream in two tubs. Keep the spare one in the freezer until needed.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

FilthyImp posted:

Not a problem in the ^Air Fryer^ :sickos:

crying statue of liberty

angry man and woman labeled "honest hard-working goons"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Laterite posted:

crying statue of liberty

angry man and woman labeled "honest cooking *technique* goons"
Bald man in the corner saying "fry me a river"

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Went to the levy but the levy was (air) fryd

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

IllegallySober posted:

I looked at those the other day but didn’t pull the trigger. Would be curious what you think of those.

This was the second go round on those burgs.

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

So I know this was from a few pages ago, but the Costco cold brew canned coffees, the ones with the jaguar face on the can, those were discontinued? Can anyone confirm that?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Doodles posted:

And then there's the two gallons of vanilla ice cream in two tubs. Keep the spare one in the freezer until needed.

I recommend storing both tubs in the freezer.

My wife uses the salmon patties for a breakfast hash which is fantastic, just breaks them up as they cook.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

ArbitraryC posted:

water is always in stock from my sink?

Must be nice. Water from my sink is polluted with toxins from a local company. It also doesn't come with a slight taste of Blackberry or Watermelon.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

ShowTime posted:

Must be nice. Water from my sink is polluted with toxins from a local company. It also doesn't come with a slight taste of Blackberry or Watermelon.

Oh, toxins, my word.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Ravendas posted:

They pop in and out of stock nightly. I ordered the Midea one, which isn't on the site right now, but if you keep refreshing each day you might see it pop back in.

They also have complaints of dents, but not to the extent of the Koolatron's issues.

Midea 7.0 cu ft Chest Freezer - MRC07M5AWW
Item #1383611
$269.99

https://www.costco.com/midea-7.0-cu.-ft.-chest-freezer.product.100534902.html

That will come up as a 'sorry we dont have that item!' link, right up until it pops up on the site randomly. I thought I was lucky that I caught it while it was briefly in stock, but it's been two weeks nearly and it hasn't shipped yet.

Any update on this?

I see the Koolatron 7.0 is back in stock, unsure if I want to snag that or wait for the Midea one.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

ArbitraryC posted:

Oh, toxins, my word.

I spent a few months working in Brady, TX and the amount of radon in their water was enormous. Like don't even brush your teeth with it levels.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Barry posted:

I spent a few months working in Brady, TX and the amount of radon in their water was enormous. Like don't even brush your teeth with it levels.

Ours is GenX, but they recently did a study and discovered as many as 27 others. There are a bunch of chemical/pharmaceutical companies in our area and it all just runs downstream, right by us.

I'm not just saying toxins to be one of "those guys". Our water literally has toxins in it and some of them have yet to be studied to determine how they affect the human anatomy.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

toplitzin posted:

This was the second go round on those burgs.

Have you formed an opinion as to taste, quality, etc.?

AlphariusOmegon
May 11, 2020

Just go back from the 'co with 2 packs of Kirkland Signature Flavored Sparkling Water, 2 packs of dogs, and 2 packs of the muffins.

Whycome nobody is talking about the wine selection? It literally beats my local liquor stores, I would have to drive twice as far to a wine-only store to get a better selection. Also I got a bottle of 2013 Italian wine which I can't wait to bust open.

And yes I did get a Hot Dog (1/4 pound PLUS, all beef) with drink (WITH REFILL) for $1.50 but alas only yellow mustard cuz of the plague.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Moey posted:

Any update on this?

I see the Koolatron 7.0 is back in stock, unsure if I want to snag that or wait for the Midea one.

Midea one finally shipped, should be here Thursday via UPS. I'll post about it when it gets here.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
v. mad about the loss of my sauerkraut and brown mustard dog

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

AlphariusOmegon posted:

2 packs of dogs

Thats like a newborn baby's weight in hotdogs

AlphariusOmegon
May 11, 2020

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Thats like a newborn baby's weight in hotdogs

Well, at 14 packs of 1/4+ each (I know it's PLUS, but we'll go with easy math) that's about 3.5 pounds of dog per pack, so 7 pounds of dogs....

Yeah. Yeah it is.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

AlphariusOmegon posted:

Well, at 14 packs of 1/4+ each (I know it's PLUS, but we'll go with easy math) that's about 3.5 pounds of dog per pack, so 7 pounds of dogs....

Yeah. Yeah it is.

Those hot dogs are so good though. I get them for July 4th parties and they are always a hit. Those and the sirloin burgers. I keep a pack of the burgers in my freezer and break them out about once a week.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Ravendas posted:

They pop in and out of stock nightly. I ordered the Midea one, which isn't on the site right now, but if you keep refreshing each day you might see it pop back in.

They also have complaints of dents, but not to the extent of the Koolatron's issues.

Midea 7.0 cu ft Chest Freezer - MRC07M5AWW
Item #1383611
$269.99

https://www.costco.com/midea-7.0-cu.-ft.-chest-freezer.product.100534902.html

That will come up as a 'sorry we dont have that item!' link, right up until it pops up on the site randomly. I thought I was lucky that I caught it while it was briefly in stock, but it's been two weeks nearly and it hasn't shipped yet.

I think you're paying a pretty big premium for the shipping here (like I want to say the in-store price is like $180 or $200?) but not all the stores seem to carry them and the supply has been really spotty with COVID (and I'm sure people are scooping them up when they see them).

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

AlphariusOmegon posted:

Just go back from the 'co with 2 packs of Kirkland Signature Flavored Sparkling Water, 2 packs of dogs, and 2 packs of the muffins.

Whycome nobody is talking about the wine selection? It literally beats my local liquor stores, I would have to drive twice as far to a wine-only store to get a better selection. Also I got a bottle of 2013 Italian wine which I can't wait to bust open.

And yes I did get a Hot Dog (1/4 pound PLUS, all beef) with drink (WITH REFILL) for $1.50 but alas only yellow mustard cuz of the plague.

Probably because most liquor stores around me have much more wine choices than the Costco, and the "big" liquor store is the same distance as the Costco and the size of a supermarket.

Wine is bullshit anyway, I switched to boxed wine and go to the big store to get the cheaper options.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Paul MaudDib posted:

I think you're paying a pretty big premium for the shipping here (like I want to say the in-store price is like $180 or $200?) but not all the stores seem to carry them and the supply has been really spotty with COVID (and I'm sure people are scooping them up when they see them).

Yeah, my small store (middle of the mountains in colorado) had them pre-covid. We discussed buying one but decided to hold off as we are doing a ton of remodeling right now and didn't want it taking up space until we are done.

Have not seen them in store since.

I also live an hour+ away from our closest store, so its not like I can pop in easily and check.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

fordham posted:

Have you formed an opinion as to taste, quality, etc.?

totally worth it.
8oz patties, def big enough to share or hulk out on.
bacon gets nice and crispy on the grill.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Anyone have a go-to jerky at the 'co? I grabbed a bag of the steak strips, but haven't opened em yet. The pork jerky ones sounded pretty tasty too.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I just get jerky from the goon doing it for years.

Big John's Beef Jerky

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

toplitzin posted:

Big John's Beef Jerky

Yeah this place is probably one of the best.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Paul MaudDib posted:

I know, but they're just not to be found post-covid. Home Depot had them on backorder for $320 + $50 shipping, not delivering until mid-September, and that's when I placed the order in June.

When I saw them blipping in and out of stock on Costco, I checked each night until I saw a 7CuFt one at $270. Same thing, saved $100 relative to where I was at.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

toplitzin posted:

Big John's Beef Jerky

It’s the poo poo man. Great jerky!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah this place is probably one of the best.

Huge_Midget posted:

It’s the poo poo man. Great jerky!

Can I get some more flavor recs? I'm gonna try the two that toplitzin recommended, but I wanna do the 6 bag thing. Also, whats up with pocket steaks vs strips

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Can I get some more flavor recs? I'm gonna try the two that toplitzin recommended, but I wanna do the 6 bag thing. Also, whats up with pocket steaks vs strips

Fiery is my #1 and original #2 with black pepper and garlic my #3. There are some secret flavors you can order if you’re a goon and are on the mailing list.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Huge_Midget posted:

Fiery is my #1 and original #2 with black pepper and garlic my #3. There are some secret flavors you can order if you’re a goon and are on the mailing list.

Oh drat SECRET jerky? Wait, is fatty jerky still a thing?

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Ask for steak fries, just order the pocket strips and put a comment. They cut them into french fries of glorious beef for you

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Oh drat SECRET jerky? Wait, is fatty jerky still a thing?

lol someone never saw what was probably the best post ever on this forum

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

schreibs posted:

Ask for steak fries, just order the pocket strips and put a comment. They cut them into french fries of glorious beef for you

The steak fries are legit. I had to stop ordering from Big John's because I couldn't put a bag down and those calories add up. Unlike most beef jerky, there isn't a lot of sugar in them, so a serving comes out to like 1-2g. poo poo like Jack Links has 4-8g, some of the stuff at Costco (like that Pacific brand in the yellow bag) have like 6-8g. That's from a single serving.

Unlike other beef jerky's, Big John's doesn't get by on sweet beef jerky, it gets by on the quality of the meat and the smoky flavor. Highly recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

PIZZA.BAT posted:

lol someone never saw what was probably the best post ever on this forum

I'm familiar with the louisgod post, but that was a awhile ago. Just wondering if it got brought back