Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Spacebump posted:

Porzingis got a tech for arguing a call, the Clippers don’t get them for the same thing. Just a garbage product by the league tonight.

https://twitter.com/complexsports/status/1295553005027295232?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Boban is the glue holding the NBA together

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Feeling disgusted by a horrible ref call that has the potential to change your career arc is by rule a Technical. What a dumb league.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Dutchy posted:

by all indications he is and Brian Cardinal proved you need an end of bench guy who makes your star laugh so I hope he never leaves

Brian Cardinal making meaningful contributions in the finals will never not amuse me

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

straight up brolic posted:

Come on man! We got the Porzingis one right before Porzingis!

After Porzingis was ejected, Leonard had a play where he ran and screamed at a ref over a call. If the game was getting called the same for both teams Leonard would have gotten a tech there.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

This one will get overturned because it’s not a foul

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Spacebump posted:

After Porzingis was ejected, Leonard had a play where he ran and screamed at a ref over a call. If the game was getting called the same for both teams Leonard would have gotten a tech there.
They stopped doing it after the first 2 it’s like a “point of emphasis” or whatever I don’t get the consistency either but both teams got one dumb rear end one

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Spacebump posted:

Yes but he didn’t punch the air

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
what the gently caress was that?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

https://twitter.com/joevardon/status/1295552187863572482?s=20

Doncic hit column incoming

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

after the lavie segment, i am now imagining that ESPN hired Joey Crawford to be their Rules Analyst but every time they cut to him he is jamming on a keyboard and dressed like paul schaeffer

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

he got the mismatch because Boban was mugged not because Doc Rivers told him to run faster

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I’m never someone to whine about the refs and I hate when fans blame them for losing, but goddamn

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

if i was a ref, i would absolutely give kawhi more leeway with techs than porzingas because he doesnt look like a gamer

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Reggie Jackson is such a loving dumb player

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
kawhi leonard surprisingly flops a lot for one of the strongest guys in the league

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Now they randomly start calling this like a normal basketball game I have no idea what’s going on

Katana_Warrior posted:

if i was a ref, i would absolutely give kawhi more leeway with techs than porzingas because he doesnt look like a gamer
lol

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

blue squares posted:

I’m never someone to whine about the refs and I hate when fans blame them for losing, but goddamn

It gets old when you’ve seen refs rig a finals against your favorite team...shortly after a gambling scandal where the NBA pretended there was only one corrupt ref.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

NBA wants the Clips in the WCF and damnit, they’re going to get it 😔

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

jackofarcades posted:

kawhi leonard surprisingly flops a lot for one of the strongest guys in the league

yeah he's flopping a lot in this game

also reggie jackson has the face of a 10 year old boy at the park who starts fights with everyone and consequently no one likes him

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

jackofarcades posted:

It was a huge part of his evolution into a star in San Antonio. It's practically required.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Doc's biggest asset as a coach is his ability to get extremely favorable refereeing.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Doc Rivers not running offense is getting sort of old. He should be fired if we don’t make the finals

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

blue squares posted:

the mavs are more than capable of losing a game like this at full strength but that kinda ticky tack ejection is just exhausting, really taken the wind out of my sails and based on my twitter feed, everyone else's as well

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Doc like I hate that KP is out wink wink

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
how did pallj orj make that

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Morris was choking KP

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

The amount of space Boban clears is always amazing

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Boredumb posted:

The amount of space Boban clears is always amazing

he's unironically an extremely valuable offensive player in the minutes he plays

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
seth curry with a shot straight out of my pickup game

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Morris was choking KP

KP shouldn’t have escalated the situation

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
falling all over myself clapping for pbev's airball

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Paul George

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Hardaway taking some absolutely awful shots.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

R.D. Mangles posted:

man, i can't wrap my head around this being the playoffs, these still feel like exhibition games

I thought it was just cause it was early but yeah. there's gonna be a big big * if anyone outside of LA wins. if an LA team does win we won't hear anything about it because all will be right with the world, but if a small market eastern team wins or there's a dark horse in the west, be prepared to have it referred to as the bubble championship by the major media outlets forever.

with all that being said this has been so fun and fascinating. it's so interesting that where we are as a society is the only thing that functions are our entertainment products, because these are the only avenues where a bunch of billionaires are invested in a positive public outcome

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

Hardaway taking some absolutely awful shots.
Because Beverley is smaller he gets underneath players taking jumpers and in their space without fouling and it really fucks up shooting rhythm. He was cooking PG

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Ghislaineof YOSPOS posted:

I thought it was just cause it was early but yeah. there's gonna be a big big * if anyone outside of LA wins. if an LA team does win we won't hear anything about it because all will be right with the world, but if a small market eastern team wins or there's a dark horse in the west, be prepared to have it referred to as the bubble championship by the major media outlets forever.

with all that being said this has been so fun and fascinating. it's so interesting that where we are as a society is the only thing that functions are our entertainment products, because these are the only avenues where a bunch of billionaires are invested in a positive public outcome
My opinion as an LA fan is that the bubble is dog poo poo and whoever wins, including us, should have an asterisk for playing basketball in what’s essentially a well paid internment camp

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

“Sucked off a great shooter”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut
Jul 30, 2019

did the commentator just say "sucked off a good shooter?"