Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Hermes are really bad. I'm gonna guess their couriers have to deliver x number of parcels a day and aren't paid for working hours but deliveries, so that's why you end up with them just claiming you weren't in if they're running late due to traffic or whatever. no one wants to be making below min wage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They pay an average of 75p per parcel according to this post on Glassdoor. I have heard stories of as low as 40p where there's a lot of drivers.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

goatface posted:

They pay an average of 75p per parcel according to this post on Glassdoor. I have heard stories of as low as 40p where there's a lot of drivers.

how the gently caress are you supposed to make any money with that? wtf. Deliveroo is poo poo sometimes but you can go out and make £20 an hour on a weekend evening reliably

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hemale in pain posted:

how the gently caress are you supposed to make any money with that?

there's an unwarranted assumption there

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Salisbury Snape posted:

Tried to redeem the voucher in the middle of sainsburys. Wife does not have a sense of humour today and is not putting up with any of my poo poo.

A blowjob voucher? Is your wife Gregory JP Godek?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

hemale in pain posted:

how the gently caress are you supposed to make any money with that? wtf. Deliveroo is poo poo sometimes but you can go out and make £20 an hour on a weekend evening reliably

You deliver big stacks of parcels to the front desk of big buildings (office or fancy residential) and leave them all there without having to go to individuals. It's designed for big urban centres and b2b because that's where postal services make financial sense.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

EL BROMANCE posted:

It wasn’t until I moved to the US that I found out chorizo can take different forms. The stuff we get here the most works great with eggs, so it’s all good for sure. All chorizo is good chorizo.

In my tapas place we used to do chorizo topped with morcilla and a fried egg, was lush with a side patatas bravos

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Salisbury Snape posted:

Tried to use the voucher on a pretty young sandwich making girl in subway.
The wife took away my blowjob voucher and is really quite cross with me.

How...how young?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

pretty sure you have to be over 18 to work in subway, ever since Jared

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

He meant the pretty young sandwich

Eat fresh

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Solefald posted:

In my tapas place we used to do chorizo topped with morcilla and a fried egg, was lush with a side patatas bravos

That sounds pretty drat good. Man, I miss the patatas bravas. Every restaurant should be legally forced to serve them.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
its chips with tomato sauce on

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah but really good

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

I've never read this thread. I've been to the UK though.

Sydney > Hong Kong > Heathrow. Long flight. Although I did get to fly over the Gobi Desert and the Himalayas in a window seat (Business Class).

Went to Oxford, where the pubs were loving closed on a sunday morning.

Did the poo poo I had to do in Reading.

Was tripped out by the weak dim bulb that passes for the Sun in november. (no heat)

Met up with my friend and did a pub crawl in London. Stayed at the Mayfair Intercontinental.

So much loving litter everywhere.

:australia:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

travelodge booked up?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Joe Lycett did an expose on Hermes - they just take loads of peoples' parcels and auction them off. Totally bonkers

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=KDV3wUVlwoc

Also thank god 2020 is over, let's never do that again

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I remember visiting an American mall and being super confused when I went in to a big shop and it was like entirely for children clothes. After looking for the adult section we realised there wasn't one so we had to pretend we'd entered there to buy clothes for a relative before quickly leaving

e: I Dunno why I wrote this apart from trying to sympathise with our foreign visitor maybe

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Aug 18, 2020

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Haha in 2021 I sold a fuckton of paintings and earned enough to paint for a living oh also I travelled the world and bought a private island and filled it with cats

What a great year

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
(Business Class)

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Natalie Fartman posted:

Haha in 2021 I sold a fuckton of paintings and earned enough to paint for a living oh also I travelled the world and bought a private island and filled it with cats

What a great year

hooray

I fixed my brain, got a cute partner, had ten babies and rediscovered my creative flare.

It was awesome, a+++ year, would live again

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

fridge corn posted:

(Business Class)

Don't bitch at me. It was the first time I'd been "overseas".

And in Business Class you can drink alcohol 24/7.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Blow posted:

and in Business Class you can drink alcohol 24/7.

I can do that in my house, or by a canal

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I would judge but I've done the UK-NZ flight a few times, always in economy and it's awful

Best thing you can do is get a layover somewhere that lets you out the airport

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Fatkraken posted:

hooray

I fixed my brain, got a cute partner, had ten babies and rediscovered my creative flare.

It was awesome, a+++ year, would live again

10 babies in a single year rip

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

in 2021 i was one of the few survivors of the fire storms and subsequent famine/drought

I didn't survive out of strength, but luck, as I was rummaging through a ditch for a tenner I had spotted which would have brought me a single mars bar in the post-brexit markets. That ditch saved my life

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Ratjaculation posted:

in 2021 i was one of the few survivors of the fire storms and subsequent famine/drought

I didn't survive out of strength, but luck, as I was rummaging through a ditch for a tenner I had spotted which would have brought me a single mars bar in the post-brexit markets. That ditch saved my life

I'm posting from the 2021 Daily Mail 'what if jermy crobbin won?' timeline. It's p. great over here.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

See all this gloating is why I regret being involved the Wrexham University trans-dimensional shift project

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
First day back at work lads. Only training today tho (cinema stuff)

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

what are the films?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
When we open on Fri there’s a few things that were on release when we closed like Invisible Man and Bad Boys, that new Russell Crowe thing Unhinged, and some older stuff like Empire, Inception, and for some reason Karate Kid and The Fast and the Furious??? Then Tenet is out a week tomorrow

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

in 2021 i gave away all of my possessions (to the dump) and became a purely electronic entity

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

ah late 2021, the solar flare and planet wide emp

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

2021, when Boris just started eating people and somehow that became a plucky new way to inspire the population

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Blow posted:

Went to Oxford, where the pubs were loving closed on a sunday morning.

That's true nationwide afaik. You're supposed to be in church! :sun:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
heathens with their heathenry :bahgawd:

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
2021 was my first post to this thread before I invented a time machine

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

Escobarbarian posted:

First day back at work lads. Only training today tho (cinema stuff)

Hello fellow cinema employee. If yours is anything like ours you'll be completely dead until Tenet comes out (and who knows even then?)

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Daktar posted:

Hello fellow cinema employee. If yours is anything like ours you'll be completely dead until Tenet comes out (and who knows even then?)
I'm tempted to go back to my local when it reopens next week because they've got Empire Strikes Back and Flash Gordon, but my experiences at supermarkets and the pub have lead me to believe it'll be a bit of a shitshow re: the public and rules. What's it been like at your cinema?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

ha ha ha man do you guys remember 2020 and how we thought things couldnt get worse

this post sent via musknet™ brainreader 3.1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobby Deluxe posted:

this post sent via musknet™ brainreader 3.1

this is abosultey horrible but a vision into ur future