Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

No thermal paste though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Pylons posted:

No thermal paste though.

Comes pre-applied to the stock coolers these days

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Having seen multiple Tay Conti NXT matches, I am still surprised how night and day different her two AEW matches have been. You can tell she’s green still, but she definitely seems way more confident and like she could grow into a valuable piece of the roster.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

blunt posted:

Usually, yeah, but it's terrible.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

blunt posted:

using a stock cooler smdh

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I'm just accounting for the video!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/TayConti_/status/1295509402078916608

Make if official Tony you coward

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Tay Conti is going to #joindarkorder

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

jesus WEP posted:

Don't get my hopes up.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Tay Conti is only 25, she's going to be a star too.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’m actually sort of baffled that WWE let her go considering they generally look for one thing in women and she has that in spades. I guess foreign + unique style was too much to overcome. Also lol that unique style is almost certainly a huge negative to them

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

jesus WEP posted:

Also lol that unique style is almost certainly a huge negative to them

They do everything in their power to make sure that anyone coming in with their own style works to get rid of it and work their style, it's infuriating.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

jesus WEP posted:

I would go nuclear if they announce Tay joining via BTE.

Brodie: Silver, tell me something, ANYTHING good!
Silver: l-look, Mr Brodie Lee, it's-it's hard, but but! Look at Grayson! Look at Ten! Nobody is getting members in! It's not my fault!
Jay: Hi, Mr Brodie Lee, sir, I wanted you to meet my new best friend, Tay! :)
Tay: Hi there! Jay has been amazing to work with in the tag tournament, and I'd love to keep tagging with her. The Dark Order sounds like it's a great place, so would it be okay for me to join?
Brodie: *stares a hole into Silver's soul and then smiles at Tay before getting her to sign something or whatever*

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

MorningMoon posted:

I would go nuclear if they announce Tay joining via BTE.

Brodie: Silver, tell me something, ANYTHING good!
Silver: l-look, Mr Brodie Lee, it's-it's hard, but but! Look at Grayson! Look at Ten! Nobody is getting members in! It's not my fault!
Jay: Hi, Mr Brodie Lee, sir, I wanted you to meet my new best friend, Tay! :)
Tay: Hi there! Jay has been amazing to work with in the tag tournament, and I'd love to keep tagging with her. The Dark Order sounds like it's a great place, so would it be okay for me to join?
Brodie: *stares a hole into Silver's soul and then smiles at Tay before getting her to sign something or whatever*

Tay's official welcome into the Dark Order is being allowed to throw papers at the Meat Man.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

I’m actually sort of baffled that WWE let her go considering they generally look for one thing in women

Let's be honest, it's two things

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

jesus WEP posted:

I’m actually sort of baffled that WWE let her go considering they generally look for one thing in women and she has that in spades. I guess foreign + unique style was too much to overcome. Also lol that unique style is almost certainly a huge negative to them

She was atrociously bad in WWE and after being there for years showed no improvement plus with such a heavy accent i doubt they had any interest in her talking. The atrociously bad though seems to have been she could not work WWE style and patterned matches when her real desire was to become Shebata.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
better to keep Tay out to set up an angle in the future where there's friction because of Anna's association with DO

you know, if they ever start telling stories in the women's division again

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
also Tay Conti is another person at AEW that could definitely kick Kenny's rear end

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Wasn't there definitive proof that NXT matches are choreographed front to back? It seems pretty likely that NXT matches were scripted to not play to Tay's strengths, i.e. hurling people around like it's a fantasy MMA match

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

inthesto posted:

Wasn't there definitive proof that NXT matches are choreographed front to back? It seems pretty likely that NXT matches were scripted to not play to Tay's strengths, i.e. hurling people around like it's a fantasy MMA match

In that they accidentally streamed a dress rehearsal of an episode of NXT UK? Yes.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Having seen multiple Tay Conti NXT matches, I am still surprised how night and day different her two AEW matches have been. You can tell she’s green still, but she definitely seems way more confident and like she could grow into a valuable piece of the roster.

Same! I was so disappointed at how much I disliked her in NXT after enjoying her in the Mae Young Classic so it's nice to see it was apparently in her the whole time to be fun and enjoyable.

And knowing she wants to be Shibata (or was it Ishii?) is the icing on the cake.

I wasn't really sold on their first round match but I did enjoy this one much more.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Re: AEW's coaching

https://twitter.com/AllieWrestling/status/1295720953553584136?s=20
https://twitter.com/AllieWrestling/status/1295722632613109761?s=20
https://twitter.com/AllieWrestling/status/1295724700388208640?s=20

I still wouldn't say Allie is top tier or anything, but looking at the match yesterday versus how she was kind of just fumbling around when she first came in is a big change.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Awww, that's really sweet. She's like the exact opposite of a natural talent so it's been cool seeing her get better because it's obvious she and the coaching team have worked hard for that.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

She's definitely improved a lot. Explains why she wasn't necessarily used a whole ton during 2019 too.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I really hope AEW is as wholesome and caring among the talent as everyone seems to say it is.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

so wholesome :kimchi:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
We've seen how uncoordinated Allie is on TikTok, that she can even run the ropes is a miracle

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 42 days!

smarxist posted:

https://twitter.com/AllieWrestling/status/1295740096587673600?s=20

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

:3:

This makes the split from The Butcher and The Blade make even more sense. She was ready to be her own character again rather than the manager for those dudes that don't need a manager. I'm really glad she's confident in herself, and I'm down to wherever this storyline goes.

I think the women's division isn't where it needs to be.. but we're seeing the result of steps being taken for that. I think by the end of the year they'll have a roster that can handle some really good storylines, and they better give them the time on dynamite for it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MorningMoon posted:

:3:

This makes the split from The Butcher and The Blade make even more sense. She was ready to be her own character again rather than the manager for those dudes that don't need a manager. I'm really glad she's confident in herself, and I'm down to wherever this storyline goes.

I think the women's division isn't where it needs to be.. but we're seeing the result of steps being taken for that. I think by the end of the year they'll have a roster that can handle some really good storylines, and they better give them the time on dynamite for it.

Madusa seemed to be hinting that she's seen the plans for the division. Dunno if she actually has or she was just saying that to placate people, but given how far AEW plans things in advance, I wouldn't be surprised.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Pylons posted:

Madusa seemed to be hinting that she's seen the plans for the division. Dunno if she actually has or she was just saying that to placate people, but given how far AEW plans things in advance, I wouldn't be surprised.

That one goon did mention that they had Brodie Lee as the Exalted One on lock by the time the Jericho Cruise happened, so i'd believe that.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

The women’s division is 100% the worst case scenario for booking PPV to PPV without a deep enough roster to cleanly pivot. It’s hard for me to be optimistic that we’ll see a meaningful change in how they’re booked in the build to Full Gear (because this is probably the third time I’ve posted something like this in the last two weeks leading to a PPV), but if it’s going to happen, that’s when we’re going to see it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/andycomplains/status/1295762429230460928

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

smarxist posted:

See, if this was WWE, all three of those responses would be virtually identical as mandated by HQ.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
helllllllll yeah that's a bangin' main event

i honestly feel a bit spoiled by how great dark has become, maybe it's just residual wonder of actually being treated decently by a wrestling company

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

If the recent re-alignment of Dark to a less-squashy set of matches is any indication I'm not really worried about the quality of their second show. I just hope it has more women's division stuff.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

In her three years with NXT Taynara had exactly four televised matches that went longer than five minutes, two of them were battle royals and one of them was 5:40.

She also lost 14 of her 17 matches and all but two of those losses were jobber squashes. It is not a mystery why most people thought she was bad.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Didn't she have a brief storyline where she was trying to join Undisputed Era but they hosed her over somehow?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The one thing I knew about Tay Conti prior to her run here:

https://youtu.be/CvMGbQfBPQ4

Less than a year ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

Didn't she have a brief storyline where she was trying to join Undisputed Era but they hosed her over somehow?

Yeah, there was one match where she helped Undisputed Era keep Nikki Cross from winning, and then Nikki beat the poo poo out of her in like two minutes, and then she was off TV for like an entire year until the next Mae Young rolled around.