Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The poor spelling highlighting the intelligence of the humans we're dealing with here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Olympic Mathlete posted:

The poor spelling highlighting the intelligence of the humans we're dealing with here.

Stop reading my posts if they annoy you so much. gently caress sake.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Just grabbed a couple from the Town's fb page

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Each a treasure

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

2023 and we still carnt breath

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Got a bit bitten by a junkyard dog today. Biggest young Alsatian I've ever seen, head under my armpit.

Don't pet guard dogs I guess.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
did you die?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

What do you think?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Did you give it a little kiss?

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Stop reading my posts if they annoy you so much. gently caress sake.

This made me sensible chuckle, well done. I hope you disinfected your armpit, junk yard dogs are probably not very hygienic.

Everyone had come back from furlough and remembered I exist, so work is really busy

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i think facebook is finally starting to work out what i like

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Just got told I'm back in the office next week - so back to a 25 mile roundtrip commute for absolutely no reason. We're even still going to be doing Zoom meetings, but at our desks. I work in software development, basically give me a darkened room, 3-4 monitors and an internet connection and I am productive.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Rondette posted:

Just grabbed a couple from the Town's fb page

what's their problem with soup bowls :confused:

i love a soup bowl

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

goatface posted:

Did you give it a little kiss?

I called it a stupid bastard under my breath but not enough and the junkyard man heard me and chuckled which was the first time he'd been remotely positive in my presence.

I was then left alone with the dog whilst he went off to find my thing and the dog did have the good manners to look a little sheepish. I regret not then doing the dog training sit action to see what he would have done. But equally I am alive.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

cynic posted:

Just got told I'm back in the office next week - so back to a 25 mile roundtrip commute for absolutely no reason. We're even still going to be doing Zoom meetings, but at our desks. I work in software development, basically give me a darkened room, 3-4 monitors and an internet connection and I am productive.

Same, my work are forcing us in because "we need people interacting closely with each other to produce great ideas" which completely misunderstands how work is carried out, how new ideas are produced and improved, and that interacting closely should be absolutely discouraged during a global pandemic.

Beep boop everything must return to normal as soon as possible because then I can go back to ignoring the world around me beep boop

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I disagree. I think if we are all forced to work closely together again we will all come up with great ideas on how to socially distance which is what we need to beat this virus.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

CancerCakes posted:

Same, my work are forcing us in because "we need people interacting closely with each other to produce great ideas"

ideas are worthless unless clumsily scrawled in faded red marker on on one of those big flip book tripod easel things that live in every meeting room

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

You've convinced me, let's spit some ideas around, really get in each others faces, no Rona answers.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

today i drove past one of those 'stay alert, control the virus, save lives' signs and it was a proper crikey were in one of those movies that doesnt end too well situations.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

CancerCakes posted:

Same, my work are forcing us in because "we need people interacting closely with each other to produce great ideas" which completely misunderstands how work is carried out, how new ideas are produced and improved, and that interacting closely should be absolutely discouraged during a global pandemic.

Beep boop everything must return to normal as soon as possible because then I can go back to ignoring the world around me beep boop

My bf is getting the same bs from work about how he has to commute because they need him in an office to do his job which is entirely sitting at a desk designing poo poo, and literally all the customers are in different countries so they have to communicate through zoom and email anyway.

But but but.. Customer service???? And err communication or something. What's really sad is half the office couldn't wait to get back and have been there for weeks already.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Its crazy how quickly... i guess middle management forgot that everyone was at home and still working so they don't need to worry.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

a lot of middle management types have the mindset that if they cant literally hold your face to the grindstone themselves then you must be slacking off

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh it's our senior management that thinks that

our middle management is trying to stop everything falling apart

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Lot of management of various types realising that the work from home setup shows how little they actually do that isn't time wasting in-person desk circulation. Gotta get back in the office to get some cover.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'd quite like to be back in the office tbh. I like having the clear separation of work/home.

I think our management would be quite happy if they could permanently kick most of us out of the building. Then they can rent the space to other poor scrubs and save on the utility bills.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

is everyone claiming the 1/12 of their bills or whatever the gently caress it is now for working from home but maybe a man has to come and measure your desk?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think you get £6 a week, if you can provide records that show the added expense.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

hmmm. I guess its different if you are self employed and list your home as your workplace, you can write off some portion of bills as business expense and get tax back. Dunno. Ask an MP they seem to have it pretty sorted.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
My clients are usually out of London and they be like "Don't bring your London corona to our town, just work remotely and invoice us tyvm".

We get to meet in person once a month with each to put out fires and hasten things that is hard to do like audits and management reviews, say goodbye until the next month.

Stay safe, computer toucher and other goons being forced to commute because number go up.

Galewolf fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Aug 19, 2020

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Being in the NHS we have to be the example of being cautious so we've been told we're working from home til Christmas. Potentially longer, Christmas is just the time itll be reviewed

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Is that why my doctor had me go to his bedroom?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

why when i middle click do i get anywhere between 0 and 5 new tabs of the thing?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

NotJustANumber99 posted:

why when i middle click do i get anywhere between 0 and 5 new tabs of the thing?

Mouse busted, I'm so sorry.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I was self employed before lockdown and I'm just going to try and keep getting universal credit for as long as I can and not work

It sucks rear end, I'm bored and my mental health has plummeted, but I would rather that then get the rona

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I've been back at work for three months now but the missus is still on furlough

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Moola posted:

I was self employed before lockdown and I'm just going to try and keep getting universal credit for as long as I can and not work

It sucks rear end, I'm bored and my mental health has plummeted, but I would rather that then get the rona

The flexible furlough helps with the gaps since if there is no work, I can't invoice the clients.

Mentally, I'm barely tethered with a progressive decline and ot affects my work as well. Hope you'll get better, posting buddy.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010
Off to breast clinic today. I'm not that worried about the outcome (unlikely to be something dodgy) but quite worried about second wave corona stopping treatment if the odds are against me.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

hockey jockey posted:

Off to breast clinic today. I'm not that worried about the outcome (unlikely to be something dodgy) but quite worried about second wave corona stopping treatment if the odds are against me.

I've had a friend going through cancer treatment throughout lockdown and corona. She didn't have any problems with delays or actually accessing treatment. The issues she faced were getting a temperature all the time from the treatment so being sent for constant corona tests which meant she had to go to the (disease) hot side of the hospital. She said if she was going to get corona it would be through the hospital sending her to get checked for it. 13 tests or something I think.

Also she couldnt have family with her in the hospital which was difficult.

I dunno if this helps anyone or makes it more upsetting, sorry.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i am self employed but was not getting free uc monies because i would not able to prove loss of income (all my work is online and i was making gently caress all anyway)

there is no point applying now because i might be going back to uni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

also stay safe hockey jockey