Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

McCloud posted:

He also hangs around multiple forums spreading crack pot rumors bruce wayne is batman, to muddle the waters

Forums user Bat Ears Triangular posting incoherent diagrams about the inverted Wayne theory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

RBA Starblade posted:

He specifically finds the ones the Riddler is on to shitpost in

He actually does hang out in an internet forum with other detectives/smarty pants under a pseudonym. I'm pretty sure Riddler is on it. Detective Chimp is on there too.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sir Kodiak posted:

Imagine being told that and believing it.

He might be full of poo poo but what is there to pin on him? Rumour mills and whisper networks are one thing but when you say "rat him out" is that going to the cops or papers and asking for him to be investigated for bailing on them?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Would those Russian ballerinas even know who or what Batman is?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Darko posted:

He got famous because both of his parents were killed and he became a billionaire orphan and then his name/property is all over the city. It's like how all Detroiters know Illitch or Dan Gilbert; you can't help it when they own half the city.

Movie Bruce is a little different because he decided to leave Gotham forever so people thought he was dead, then return and immediately start being Batman, which is so obvious as gently caress that he had to become Paris Hilton (and even still, anyone paying attention (Reese, Robin, Fox) figured it as soon as they thought about it except Gordon, who just didn't want to).

That's a good point. I still believe nobody is going to suspect that kid of being Batman when he grows up if he acts scared every time he goes in public, makes maybe one public appearance a year, and wears a convincing fat suit while walking with a limp.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Davros1 posted:

Would those Russian ballerinas even know who or what Batman is?

...I mean yes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2vjehoketM

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Batman probably trained with those ballerinas.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

One of the more interesting aspects of Bruce Wayne in BvS was that he just doesn't give a poo poo anymore. He uses the Bruce Wayne persona for espionage, but doesn't even seem to bother with the "playboy" part anymore. He's checked out and there's not really even a pretense. When Bruce, Clark, and Lex meet each other at the party, they all know who each other really are, and they know the others know too.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Spacebump posted:

That's a good point. I still believe nobody is going to suspect that kid of being Batman when he grows up if he acts scared every time he goes in public, makes maybe one public appearance a year, and wears a convincing fat suit while walking with a limp.

"Bruce Wayne idiot playboy saves the day drunk driving into someone not even knowing there was a hostage crisis in the city" makes a better headline too.

In the Nolan movies, though, Batman was so brief, very few would care. He showed up, took out the League, took down the mob, then shifted all the attention towards Dent for the Joker stuff. Meanwhile, Bruce did a high profile project, then mothballed it and disappeared after all of that. With Batman only showing up for that brief of a period, hes just some weird dude with a tank against the mob until DKR, when he showed up again and died.

And again, even still, Robin is like, "yeah, I met you once and you were obviously Batman, dude," like most people that met him.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its why I really like the ruined Wayne Manor in BvS. Batman isn't just his dominant personality, his more human elements have degraded from lack of care

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Barudak posted:

Its why I really like the ruined Wayne Manor in BvS. Batman isn't just his dominant personality, his more human elements have degraded from lack of care

I like how he lets everything his father built fall to ruin because he's obsessed with honoring him, meanwhile Lex loving hates his dad and keeps his room immaculate and exactly like it was when he was alive.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I always figured he abandoned Wayne Manor because Robin was killed, ergo why the costume, still covered in Joker’s graffiti, sits in repose right at the entrance to the Cave. As a son he couldn’t protect his parents (but especially his mom), and as a “father” he failed to protect his “son”. He no longer felt he was worthy of the manor, of the name, and abandoned it for the lake house. He fell into becoming Batman, and in his day life he made Wayne Enterprise employees his family - causing him to lose his poo poo when Superman is the cause of him losing family yet again and become obsessed with taking him down.

Which makes it a sort of twist on the Dark Knight Returns prologue where he retired from being Batman after Robin died. Instead of retiring, he doubles down, hunting desperately for redemption, which he of course finally finds in saving Clark’s mother. But we’re left wondering in the wake of Clark sacrificing himself if Bruce will become a zealot, some... caped crusader.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

RBA Starblade posted:

Make a Batman movie about one of those ballerinas going "wait a minute" then having a press conference, then a board member is like "hey yeah he DIDN'T show up to talk about the Q3 projections Tuesday!" and it's two hours of Bruce and Lucius doing damage control trying to set up another bullshit story and not go to jail with Epstein. Every now and then cut to the Penguin confused that Batman hasn't punched him or his goons in the face recently, usually that happens once the bird-shaped drills get through the First Bank of Gotham's vault, oh well

His young ward gets taken into child services

"Hey Batman, Commissioner Gordon here. Bruce Wayne's gone on the run. We need you to track down that pedo bastard."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Cameo posted:

I always figured he abandoned Wayne Manor because Robin was killed, ergo why the costume, still covered in Joker’s graffiti, sits in repose right at the entrance to the Cave. As a son he couldn’t protect his parents (but especially his mom), and as a “father” he failed to protect his “son”. He no longer felt he was worthy of the manor, of the name, and abandoned it for the lake house. He fell into becoming Batman, and in his day life he made Wayne Enterprise employees his family - causing him to lose his poo poo when Superman is the cause of him losing family yet again and become obsessed with taking him down.

Which makes it a sort of twist on the Dark Knight Returns prologue where he retired from being Batman after Robin died. Instead of retiring, he doubles down, hunting desperately for redemption, which he of course finally finds in saving Clark’s mother. But we’re left wondering in the wake of Clark sacrificing himself if Bruce will become a zealot, some... caped crusader.

Snyderdome territory possibly, but kind of the deal there I think is that Batman's been Batman for a little too long and doesn't have anywhere else to go- until other caped weirdos start showing up and Batman eventually realises that they are his people, and all his fancy technology and giant robots are overkill on street crime but actually appropriate when dealing with alien invaders and other lunatic billionaires.

Also I do like the idea that Wayne Manor fell into disrepair after Robin died, because Batman's idea of family died with him, there's no point maintaining the palatial estate anymore when there's no one to share it with.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I just found out Spider-Man and MJ got married in front of a huge crowd at Shea Stadium in 1987. Stan Lee officiated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQwslg6lat8

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Tell shia he’s wolverine but don’t actually make him wolverine.

Just film him from a distance in the woods running round shouting “snikt” and “bub” and punching cardboard cutouts of ian mckellen.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://twitter.com/rottentomatoes/status/1296222915038515202?s=21

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

https://twitter.com/UpToTASK/status/1295872699781099521?s=19

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Krazyface posted:

"Hey Batman, Commissioner Gordon here. Bruce Wayne's gone on the run. We need you to track down that pedo bastard."

The perfect second act twist God drat

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Tell shia he’s wolverine but don’t actually make him wolverine.

Just film him from a distance in the woods running round shouting “snikt” and “bub” and punching cardboard cutouts of ian mckellen.

Something something, just following him around on an average weekend with a camera

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

drat! That's great!

Also a nice shout out to Scott Adkins in there.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://twitter.com/mattreevesLA/status/1296477749654233089

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Holy poo poo it looks so good.

PATTSMAN?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/Breznican/status/1296523284289187840
Batfleck is back.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

And I guess so is Erza Miller?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Davros1 posted:

And I guess so is Erza Miller?

Unfortunately yes.

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1292884868716732419

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Which stinks

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's pretty lovely they won't just give Flash his own movie.

It's extra lovely it's Ezra goddamn Miller still.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Eight more days until the New Mutants is burned off in theaters!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

Eight more days until the New Mutants is burned off in theaters!

Is it getting a VOD release? You'd think Disney would at least dump it on Hulu.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

teagone posted:

I just looked that up, and legally, they can't!

https://collider.com/new-mutants-hulu-disney-plus-release-reason-why/

quote:

As [director Josh Boone] told Collider, “With most movies, you sign contracts that guarantee a theatrical release, so it needs to open to ever go digital in the first place. We just, too, would like to see people to see it in the theater. But it needs to obviously be at the right time when it’s safe to go back.”

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

teagone posted:

I wonder if Disney will negotiate a faster turn around time for VOD to be 30 days after the release like Universal did with AMC.

I hope nobody gets covid because they decided to release New Mutants during a pandemic.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Lol, welp.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Spacebump posted:

I wonder if Disney will negotiate a faster turn around time for VOD to be 30 days after the release like Universal did with AMC.

I hope nobody gets covid because they decided to release New Mutants during a pandemic.

The second statement proves that the first statement won't happen. If Avengers: Endgame had come out this year, you'd bet your rear end Disney would be making phone calls to the theater chains in a desperate attempt to get people to see their movie. The New Mutants is a movie that everybody knows has its legs cut out from under it, so why would Disney frantically scramble to get it in front of people?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

The second statement proves that the first statement won't happen. If Avengers: Endgame had come out this year, you'd bet your rear end Disney would be making phone calls to the theater chains in a desperate attempt to get people to see their movie. The New Mutants is a movie that everybody knows has its legs cut out from under it, so why would Disney frantically scramble to get it in front of people?

People are starved for new movies and I'd guess New Mutants will likely be on the itunes top 10 in sales the week it gets released. Plus Disney likes getting more money.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Spacebump posted:

People are starved for new movies and I'd guess New Mutants will likely be on the itunes top 10 in sales the week it gets released. Plus Disney likes getting more money.

I mean, you could do it now, or you could hold off longer and not have to spend time and effort trying to change contract statuses.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I mean, there's nothing stopping them from opening it in one theater for a single showing, and then immediately dropping it on VOD the second the credits roll on that showing. It would have technically opened, after all!

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

I'm taking that quote with a big grain of salt, I really doubt the legal situation around a theatrical release was really that different from Lovebirds or Trolls 2 or Scoob or any of the other films that were previously scheduled for theatrical but went straight to VOD or streaming anyway. But Disney is doing a very limited theatrical release anyway, so I guess the point is moot.

notably, they're also selling The Woman in the Window to Netflix, which I don't think would be possible if they were obligated to do a theatrical release for all Fox/20th movies.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I thought Batfleck owned in BVS, not a big fan of...whatever that was in the JL movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That SON OF A BITCH BROUGHT THE WAR to us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ixaEnZHtH8

And yes, suddenly the Batman voice comes on. gently caress he was perfect in both roles.