Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

karmicknight posted:

The one thing I knew about Tay Conti prior to her run here:

https://youtu.be/CvMGbQfBPQ4

Less than a year ago.

This video reminded me that Kona reeves exists. Is he still employed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Rarity posted:

We've seen how uncoordinated Allie is on TikTok, that she can even run the ropes is a miracle

I know we talk about character work a lot here when we're trying to compliment less talented wrestlers, but Allie's really good at it and all she needed was to scale her ring work up from bad to competent. AEW's training sessions seem to have done that, which says a lot to me about their coaching staff and how they guide talent.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The real reason AEW should sign Tay is so we can get Taz commentating on her matches

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JOHN CENA posted:

its weird how the dreamcast is considered a failure (really its only a failure due to the distrust in the market sega earned during their constant waffling between the 16 and 32 bit transition era and the poisonous relationship between sega of japan and sega of america and their inability to communicate) but the console itself is beloved seemingly universally by gamers. it was def my favorite console of its gen even though it died early and it did kill me on the inside to see the good dreamcast games get ported to other consoles and get ignored :(

SEGA just straight up doesn't deserve what success they ever managed to get. They came up with one of the most beloved, enduring mascots in all of video games and through their mismanagement, just let it turn into a loving joke. They've had so many great devs trying to make great games and they've never been able to capitalize on it as much as they should.

Sonic should be a license to loving print money and he's not their only great franchise. The amount of horrible, horrible mismanagement and the toxicity between the Japanese and American branches and all the crap that's brought them to where they are now has been truly insane to watch unfold. And they'll never get better! That company has always been broken from the top down.

Anyway, wrestling is cool, I guess, love that wrestling.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1295782453710381056?s=20

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gonna lol when Deathmatch Luminary Luther is on that collection.

Seriously though, where's my Wardlow figure

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

flashy_mcflash posted:

Seriously though, where's my Wardlow figure

They haven't figured out how to turn that much beef into an action figure without refrigeration.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

They had a guy who is the primary at the company making the AEW figures on Unrestricted last week and he was insistent that they want to have multiple AEW lines and figures of as many AEW personnel as possible, down to cameramen.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

They had a guy who is the primary at the company making the AEW figures on Unrestricted last week and he was insistent that they want to have multiple AEW lines and figures of as many AEW personnel as possible, down to cameramen.

Seems unfair for Orange Cassidy to get two action figures.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I can't wait for my Big Swole captures Britt collection, including the AEW dumpster... :allears:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

flashy_mcflash posted:

give me stuck-out tongue and forehead-pointing articulation or give me death

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Barry Bluejeans posted:

give me stuck-out tongue and forehead-pointing articulation or give me death

arm goes up tongue goes out arm goes up tongue goes out arm goes up tongue goes out

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

New Sammy vlog:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXsFkOiHIEc

Includes Malenko's dual title wins that was already shown on Twitter, and more importantly, explains why Mike Posey was wearing Sammy's clothes when he was attacked by Matt Hardy.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

inthesto posted:

The real reason AEW should sign Tay is so we can get Taz commentating on her matches her on Team Taz

:hai:

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

arm goes up tongue goes out arm goes up tongue goes out arm goes up tongue goes out

Read that as "arn" instead of "arm" (I blame Danhausen) and was even more horrified than the real thing made me.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Tay riding to the ring on Brian Cage's shoulders

:allears:

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Book it, Coward Tony.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

If Capcom really is making the AEW game, can they retcon it so that all of Mike Tyson's appearances were actually Balrog?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

:yeshaha:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Gavok posted:

If Capcom really is making the AEW game, can they retcon it so that all of Mike Tyson's appearances were actually Balrog?

Yes but due to a recurring translation error, it's Dictator instead of Boxer.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

They haven't figured out how to turn that much beef into an action figure without refrigeration.

Nobody has, it's why there was no Shingo figure here.

https://twitter.com/figures_dot_com/status/1262726346549145601

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

MJeff posted:

SEGA just straight up doesn't deserve what success they ever managed to get. They came up with one of the most beloved, enduring mascots in all of video games and through their mismanagement, just let it turn into a loving joke. They've had so many great devs trying to make great games and they've never been able to capitalize on it as much as they should.

Sonic should be a license to loving print money and he's not their only great franchise. The amount of horrible, horrible mismanagement and the toxicity between the Japanese and American branches and all the crap that's brought them to where they are now has been truly insane to watch unfold. And they'll never get better! That company has always been broken from the top down.

You could say Sega is the WCW of gaming.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MJeff posted:

Nobody has, it's why there was no Shingo figure here.

https://twitter.com/figures_dot_com/status/1262726346549145601

I'm still waiting for my god drat Tanahashi figure that my partner got me for Christmas and they went made new ones! :bahgawd:

(I know these have been made for a little while now but still)

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

But what if, Brian Cage riding to the ring on Tay's shoulders?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Max Coveri posted:

SEGA is still feebly dragging its rear end along on the strength of its brands, no matter how incompetently it uses them, refusing to just loving die so that those brands can go somewhere where they might actually be decently used, so I think we know exactly who they are. :geno:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shenmue is a cool game

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it blew my mind when i learned Sega started in America

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Germansimp posted:

New Sammy vlog:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXsFkOiHIEc

Includes Malenko's dual title wins that was already shown on Twitter, and more importantly, explains why Mike Posey was wearing Sammy's clothes when he was attacked by Matt Hardy.

and most importantly, Marko is a loving lunatic

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Yakuza is still good

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Yes but due to a recurring translation error, it's Dictator instead of Boxer.

But Claw is the Japanese Balrog.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Gotta have extras to throw around with your Lance Archer figure, after all.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Gavok posted:

I even looked it up. I EVEN LOOKED IT UP!!!!

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Considering how Cody was putting over the guy using a leafblower to clear the Young Bucks money off of the ramp during a commercial break pre-COVID I'm not surprised.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Gavok posted:

Stu already has the mask, book it Tony

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

barlog

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Wintermutant posted:

Gotta have extras to throw around with your Lance Archer figure, after all.

they'll make a mint on selling little drop ceiling tile refills

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Insertnamehere31 posted:

This video reminded me that Kona reeves exists. Is he still employed?

Injured

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Max Coveri posted:

SEGA only exists because a millionaire literally bailed them out on his deathbed.

Wait... WCW, AEW, Tony Khan... :monocle:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

inthesto posted:

SEGA only exists because a millionaire literally bailed them out on his deathbed.

Wait... WCW, AEW, Tony Khan... :monocle:

theres a lot of cars are u sure that aew doesnt already have crazy taxi

e: aew crazy taxi style driving game where u drive thru the streets of jacksonville to make to to daily's place for yr match

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1295786294044495872

I wonder what their plan is for Frankie. He's been staring at Cowboy Bebop's matches alone lately, and Cody singling him out on the eight-man tag is odd. Wonder if they're gearing for a mega-swerve where SCU gets the belts back from Cowboy Bebop.

Anyway, SEGA and AEW should only mean an Elite Yakuza game. You're Hangman at first walking through Jacksonville, but you eventually get to control the Young Bucks and Kenny. Needless to say, the citizens of this florida city all have zany sidequests, as well as the other wrestlers in the roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Congratulation to Will Hobbs and his spinebuster being the only guy without a contract to make the EVP tweet.

Also, I’m really curious how they’re going to use Abadon once they move on from this Developed on Dark phase of her career.