Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

It’s funny because I really wanted a dayvig so I could shoot someone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

And I like science quite a bit

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Scientastic posted:

Fixed now, thanks Tommu

Disappointing to say, I collapsed the dayvig waveform and have gone from both dayvig and non-dayvig at the same time to definitely not a dayvig

non-dayvig would be...a night vig...

I sincerely believe that this is intended as a sneaky scum claim to point out after victory.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Amnistar posted:

I sincerely believe that this is intended as a sneaky scum claim to point out after victory.

vigilante is still a town role, even at night.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

vigilante is still a town role, even at night.

Sure, but I dont see vigilante sci making a hidden claim like that.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Amnistar posted:

Oh, well phew, since your sincere about it, I'm all turned around, I'd better scumclaim and out my buddies

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Scientastic posted:

Oh, well phew, since your sincere about it, I'm all turned around, I'd better scumclaim and out my buddies

##vote sci

folks.... we got em.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Also, non-dayvig doesn't mean nightvig, it just means I didn't get a dayvig, this is dumb

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I have no reads rn SNG I’ve not engaged with this game yet I have a bad taste in my mouth from another game that finished recently

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Scientastic posted:

Also, non-dayvig doesn't mean nightvig, it just means I didn't get a dayvig, this is dumb

*shrug* its day 1, and I think you are a clever person. I doubt I'll get anyone to vote you over this, and will inevitably end up moving my vote.

You might still get to be smug at the end of the game. ;)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

*shrug* its day 1, and I think you are a clever person. I doubt I'll get anyone to vote you over this, and will inevitably end up moving my vote.

You might still get to be smug at the end of the game. ;)

Sci is a clever person but boy you sure are stretching to make this work. But hey D1 do what you gotta do

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

I have no reads rn SNG I’ve not engaged with this game yet I have a bad taste in my mouth from another game that finished recently

I’m legitimately sorry about that sand.

Scientastic posted:

I agree! I’m not sure why this is Amnis hill, but now I’m straight up going to laugh if you actually are scum, but I really think this is a fruitless tangent to go down. Also, science is cool but I’m a dunce at physics, so all I know a bride her from is pop culture. I’m gonna guess it was just jokephase though.

I’m assuming Toals vote is sarcasm? Given that they did just support that a night vig is a protown role.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hal Incandenza posted:

Sci is a clever person but boy you sure are stretching to make this work. But hey D1 do what you gotta do

Uh oh Hal are you scum? Please don't be scum on our first game back together. My heart wouldn't take it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Thanks sand, I’ll probably engage at some point today.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sand Navy Guy, scientastic just scum claimed and the only way to get hiim to reveal his team is to vote him

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

I’m legitimately sorry about that sand.

I agree! I’m not sure why this is Amnis hill, but now I’m straight up going to laugh if you actually are scum, but I really think this is a fruitless tangent to go down. Also, science is cool but I’m a dunce at physics, so all I know a bride her from is pop culture. I’m gonna guess it was just jokephase though.

I’m assuming Toals vote is sarcasm? Given that they did just support that a night vig is a protown role.

*a bride her should be schrodengers, my phone also does not know quantum physics apparently

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Amnistar posted:

it's time for my favorite game, Dumb or Scumb

my vote'e on Dumb, I'd like to think that nobody on SA would be dumb enough to D1 psuedo-scumclaim in a closed-setup game where they could easily be merked by a town vig or 3P

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Amnistar posted:

Still reading the thread but throwing in my answers to this as I'm reading to make Rarity happy.

reading is bad OP ##vote amnistar

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rarity posted:

Uh oh Hal are you scum? Please don't be scum on our first game back together. My heart wouldn't take it.

Oh my, no, do you think Amni is right about Sci? Or Amni is scum trying to make a bad case?

Or am I being performative?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hal Incandenza posted:

Or am I being performative?

Ding ding ding we have a winner

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

sandnavyguy posted:

Ooooooo a survey! Well if y’all insist:

1.My name is SNG.
2. I am a sailor of the sands
3. This is my 6th mafia game? 7th?
4. My meta is over wordy and not great!
5. All of your choices are wrong, my fav 90s cartoon was digimon digital adventures
6. My role alignment is townie :sun:

caught you in a lie, digimon is an 00s cartoon

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amnistar posted:

Morning all

Now if I was gonna pull this, the big smug reveal would be that I was a non-dayvig cause I was actually a dayvidge.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Morning all

Now if I was gonna pull this, the big smug reveal would be that I was a non-dayvig cause I was actually a dayvidge.

This is hate speech

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

b-minus1 (2): Scientastic, Bifauxnen, Scientastic, Rarity
Scientastic (2): Rarity, Rarity, Amnistar, Toalpaz
Rarity (1): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Scientastic
Asphyxious (1): Mr. Humalong
hambeet (1): Asphyxious
t a s t e (1): DGK2000
Bifauxnen (1): Rarity, Hal Incandenza, Rarity
Amnistar (1): SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Hal Incandenza (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Toalpaz (0): Scientastic, Scientastic

Not Voting (8): b-minus1, Epsilon Plus, Gridlocked, hambeet, sandnavyguy, Sandwolf, t a s t e, tpink

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 20th, 2020 at 3:32 p.m. AEST -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bifauxnen posted:

Morning all

Bif, my one true friend who I would never dream of suspecting, what do you think of binus and Hal?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Humalong posted:

This is hate speech

We don't need to get all into the pronunciation derail again,I just had to point out the only way this weird breadcrumb idea could've actually been good

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Mr. Humalong posted:

This is hate speech

Don’t be such a pissbaby

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

Morning all

##vote bif

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Rarity posted:

Bif, my one true friend who I would never dream of suspecting, what do you think of binus and Hal?

I do think I could be on to something with binus bothering to call me scummy but not wanting to drop a vote, possibly because it woulda been the third vote.

Hal though, I try and defer reading until I have more actions to judge instead of just words cause I nearly always see him as scummy. His vote on me felt like he was just parking it somewhere for jokephase, but is he ever gonna move on to something serious? I'd feel better about reading him in hindsight of how a full day has gone.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

This is a scumbirb action I feel. :pensive:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Scientastic posted:

What the gently caress

##Vote Toalpaz

i don't think toalpaz is scum because they didn't immediately out the whole scum team this time.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Why did you feel the need to claim VT explicitly?

a bunch of others did too?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

sandnavyguy posted:

Good morning g—

Jesus there’s 160 posts in here already? Y’all been busy

AND NONE OF THEM WERE ME THIS TIME.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amnistar posted:

The feeling is fine. Postingit is white noise that is setting up for excusing themselves from reading.

that's like getting super picky.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

hambeet posted:

i don't think toalpaz is scum because they didn't immediately out the whole scum team this time.

^_~

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

lol

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Bifauxnen posted:

2 for 2, how bout you DGK?

Because I had already claimed it in my very first post of the game, which was literally the second post of the day.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Scientastic posted:

This is an 18 player game, surely you should be theorising 8 scum?

This is going to be A Thing for a long time.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

SNG is a straight-up baller who D1 dayvidged me right in the face once, it was hilarious

i don't remember that game :angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

I’m detecting high levels of scum on this psge

takes 1 to know 1