Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
1) the original death dealer and japanese death match legend luther

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

Cody won't break most people's top 8 because he's the perfect mid card champion. Not good enough to out-shine his opponents, not bad enough to really hate on. When I went to Dynamite live (It was the Halloween episode) he was over as gently caress though. It was also the same episode where people started singing along to Judas, and Hangman cut the "Cowboy poo poo" promo which finally turned people into liking him for the first time

My dad, who grew up watching 70s era stuff and then 80s NWA and early 90s WCW, didn't watch much since outside of a couple ROH shows and the like we went to together. At this show he said to me that Hangman is gonna be world champ some day, that promo had that much of an effect on someone almost entirely out of the loop of wrestling.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Saucer Crab posted:

My dad, who grew up watching 70s era stuff and then 80s NWA and early 90s WCW, didn't watch much since outside of a couple ROH shows and the like we went to together. At this show he said to me that Hangman is gonna be world champ some day, that promo had that much of an effect on someone almost entirely out of the loop of wrestling.
It was like a ten word promo but that's all it took for everyone to turn the corner on Page. I wasn't a fan until he came out and cut that promo either.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

In ring faves:

Hangman
Darby
Shida
Fenix
Butcher

On mic/character faves:

Jericho
Starks
Moxley
Nyla
Britt

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

RealFoxy posted:

It was like a ten word promo but that's all it took for everyone to turn the corner on Page. I wasn't a fan until he came out and cut that promo either.

Which Hangman promo are people talking about?

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Faves:
1. Hangman
2. Kenny
3. Lucha Bros Mexikings Cero Miedo Meet Us In The Ring
4. OC/Best Friends
5. Nyla

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

fawning deference posted:

Which Hangman promo are people talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He73kdL2jII&t=110s

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

:smith:

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I hope they have Veda call the women’s tag finals on Dynamite. She’s been great and I’m glad they had her call Dark.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Veda, Portia Perez, and Prazak are probably the best equipped to call women's wrestling, and I had no idea how much other women loved Veda until I started listening to a Joshi podcast where they would all unanimously name drop as as one of their favorite opponents to wrestle along with Satomura, Thunder Rosa, and begrudgingly Aja Kong. I remember Veda before she even got into the ring, I'm ecstatic to see her moving up, the weird Chikara-adjacent talk show she had was my so good.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I didn't believe in Adam Page at first and while he is still not my favorite or anything, I was wrong on him not getting over or being boring

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

gently caress it then, swap Veda in for JR for all the women’s matches. Coward Tony cut me a consultant check.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

gently caress it then, swap Veda in for JR for all the women’s matches. Coward Tony cut me a consultant check.
Tony is the perfect color guy, because he's always just enthusiastic and thrilled to be involved in wrestling again. JR is still jaded and horny and doesn't care about a whole lot of the undercard. Tazz has the knowledge but half the enthusiasm.

Veda/Excalibur/Tony is perfect for the Undercard
Tazz/Excalibur/Tony is perfect for the mid-card
Ross/Excalibur/Tony is perfect for big matches and southern-style blood feuds

AEW is still kinda getting their footing but they're really leaning into WCW at their peak's commentary. Excalibur is the best all-around guy they've got, Tony is still great at his job, they just need to find a good mix of their all-around Bobby the Brain/Extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic Mike Tenay/Insane Dusty Rhodes/Insane Mongo/and faux analytical Larry.

Also bring back the slow-mo replays/break-downs after the match highlights because Excalibur and Tazz would kill that.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cody is good. His issue is that there is some serious greatness that he shares a roster with. Anyone who thinks Cody is bad is wrong and I will steal their dessert from them in protest.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Cody's hit the limit on how much you can beat young or otherwise deserving talent while claiming you're putting them over, to me

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

Tony is the perfect color guy, because he's always just enthusiastic and thrilled to be involved in wrestling again. JR is still jaded and horny and doesn't care about a whole lot of the undercard. Tazz has the knowledge but half the enthusiasm.

Veda/Excalibur/Tony is perfect for the Undercard
Tazz/Excalibur/Tony is perfect for the mid-card
Ross/Excalibur/Tony is perfect for big matches and southern-style blood feuds

AEW is still kinda getting their footing but they're really leaning into WCW at their peak's commentary. Excalibur is the best all-around guy they've got, Tony is still great at his job, they just need to find a good mix of their all-around Bobby the Brain/Extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic Mike Tenay/Insane Dusty Rhodes/Insane Mongo/and faux analytical Larry.

Also bring back the slow-mo replays/break-downs after the match highlights because Excalibur and Tazz would kill that.

taz was always funny for those things.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
aew favorites, unranked top 5

big swole
best friends & oc
sonny & joey
nyla
the hybrid 2 esp now that angelico is gonna do angelisubmissions

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I'm just bewilderingly far apart from everyone on Cody. I think he might be the best guy they have. When he wants to cut a good promo, there's nobody better than him and he's great in the ring. The TNT title run has been fantastic though I do think the time to end his reign is right about now. He's certainly in a nebulous mix of my favs that include Hangman, Pac, Mox and MJF too

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1. Hangman
2. OC
3. Britt
4. PAC
5. Best Friends
6. Kip

On a timeout until he stops being a dickbag: Sammy

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

What a week it's been.
So much to talk about.
And so many things we can't talk about.

just caught Dark; Red Velvet was pretty rad and could be another good signing.

wish TH2 were treated a bit better, but we’ll see

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Crapple! posted:

I'm just bewilderingly far apart from everyone on Cody. I think he might be the best guy they have. When he wants to cut a good promo, there's nobody better than him and he's great in the ring. The TNT title run has been fantastic though I do think the time to end his reign is right about now. He's certainly in a nebulous mix of my favs that include Hangman, Pac, Mox and MJF too

I like Cody a lot. His TNT title reign has been pretty good and has got some people signed that I've never heard of before. Ricky being one of my favorite in AEW at the moment. I guess my only complaint is I'm ready for something new to happen with him.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
AEW could sign Red Velvet and probably come out ahead just on confused k-pop fans finding wrestling.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Cody has elevated a belt that should now be used to put over someone young and rising. He doesn't need the belt to be Cody.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Crapple! posted:

I'm in the same boat. Cody was cutting some fantastic promos the first couple of weeks of TV and his match vs. Dustin last year is still one of the top 5 AEW matches imo. Hell, maybe even top 3. I think Cody, more than anyone else, suffers from not having a crowd. He oddly feels like a dude everyone sees as or want to be a midcarder and when he slots into that, it dips into Always Bad territory, but when he's heavily featured like he was early on, he's loved or at least received better. Though I'm probably biased because Cody is my #5 or #6. I do think once he gets a proper feud instead of just a character story, he'll benefit from that and dropping the TNT belt.

I'd love for Brodie to be that guy, but part of me also thinks Cody holds the belt just a bit longer. Though a (presumably) main event Saturday night title change would rule.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Noooooo, get that frog some my dudes!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ho ho ho merry Wednesday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CH-7qjz4D4

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Heel Hangman should come out to Frontier Psychiatry

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blody Chodes IMO

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Blody Chodes IMO

big earnest lmao

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

faves:

1. W
2. A
3. R
4. D
5. L
6. O
7. W

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i dont have any rankings, sorry

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

we're going to make some rankings for you as a community and give them to you as a happy present

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Bard Maddox posted:

Jack Evans is the funniest wrestler in the entire world

Jack Evans is who Dolph Ziggler aspires to be.

Capable of stealing the show (see Evans vs. Omega from Dark last year)
Bumps and sells like a madman
People want to shut him up for heel heat vs. go away heat

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the next five aew wrestlers listed are going to be boxcarhobo's favorite wrestlers in aew. only the first wrestler listed per poster will count as part of the five, so that it takes five people to complete the gift. don't name the same person multiple times, and any wrestlers who have not performed for aew before will not count

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Luther

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

colin delaney

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Luther, again

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Cody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
John Silver