Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i am self employed but was not getting free uc monies because i would not able to prove loss of income (all my work is online and i was making gently caress all anyway)

there is no point applying now because i might be going back to uni

i signed on and don't know if i'm actually going to get money but if i do it'll be a single payment before hopeffully i quit and my student loan comes in
]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I was on self-employed UC for lcokdown with no previous SE assessments, so just sign on and see what happens

I need to cancel it now because I'm earning again, even though im sat at home thinking of playing splinter cell chaos theory

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I've had a friend going through cancer treatment throughout lockdown and corona. She didn't have any problems with delays or actually accessing treatment. The issues she faced were getting a temperature all the time from the treatment so being sent for constant corona tests which meant she had to go to the (disease) hot side of the hospital. She said if she was going to get corona it would be through the hospital sending her to get checked for it. 13 tests or something I think.

Also she couldnt have family with her in the hospital which was difficult.

I dunno if this helps anyone or makes it more upsetting, sorry.

That makes me feel a lot better so thanks. Again, unlikely to be anything serious but there's always gonna be that worry.

Now, back to bat chat!

UC is the reason 'christian' Ian Duncan Smith is actually going to hell. It does make me wonder what type of churches all these MPs are going to. If I became a Vicar, any MPs in my congregation would be subjected to endless hellfire sermons about doing unto others, camels and needles etc. That's assuming I couldn't just ban them outright.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Make sure you all apply for the self employed grant if you can.

Buying food to eat in for the discount but then going home to eat it :twisted:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

Make sure you all apply for the self employed grant if you can.

Buying food to eat in for the discount but then going home to eat it :twisted:

April would have been my first self-assessment, so no for me

I want to go for a nice walk but its raining and i'm using that as an excuse to be lazy

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
There was a period not too long ago where I was super paranoid about my health. It started with a dodgy mole which I insisted be removed which turned out to be nothing then any minor quibble I got super anxious about. Annoyed the hell out of my gp for about 18 months then all of a sudden I stopped worrying about it

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

The mole won

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

hockey jockey posted:

That makes me feel a lot better so thanks. Again, unlikely to be anything serious but there's always gonna be that worry.

Now, back to bat chat!

UC is the reason 'christian' Ian Duncan Smith is actually going to hell. It does make me wonder what type of churches all these MPs are going to. If I became a Vicar, any MPs in my congregation would be subjected to endless hellfire sermons about doing unto others, camels and needles etc. That's assuming I couldn't just ban them outright.

they don't actually go to church outside of the big events like christmas

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

I went back to work after the initial 6week lock down. Then had the breakdown at the end of June. My boss was nice enough to put me back on furlough instead of sick pay until I hopefully go back at the beginning of September.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

hockey jockey posted:

It does make me wonder what type of churches all these MPs are going to.

The 15th century Catholic ones that let you purchase indulgences off the shelf.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

hockey jockey posted:

UC is the reason 'christian' Ian Duncan Smith is actually going to hell. It does make me wonder what type of churches all these MPs are going to.
a lot of churches are corrupt as gently caress and exist only to make rich people feel better about themselves. they big up the tithing part like its a guarantee and conveniently ignore the entirety of jesus' work with the sick and poor and bits like 'eye of a needle'

10% of a congregations income is a lot if they are authors, guardian columnists, slebs, ceos etc

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

also it plays into the hume / protestant myth that hard work justifies your existence and you should only be allowed to live if you 'work hard,' knowing that the rich pricks think that what they do is hard work rather than inheritance and privelage

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

also ALSO it is not only possible but probable that ids just calls himself christian and acts it out so as to appeal to trad conservatives

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
ARGUMENTS ABOUT ARRANGEMENTS

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010
I'm atheist agnostic myself, just can't manage to attain the level of cognitive dissonance the vicars and MPs must have going on. I was brought up Catholic so you'd think I'd be better at ignoring very obvious logical flaws.

Anyway, good news, they are quite sure it isn't cancer, did a needle biopsy for my peace of mind but are so sure they're sending the results by letter. Feel bad for mentioning it in the first place, I'm not usually an attention seeker but was keeping it from my family and friends just in case.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Salisbury Snape posted:

I went back to work after the initial 6week lock down. Then had the breakdown at the end of June. My boss was nice enough to put me back on furlough instead of sick pay until I hopefully go back at the beginning of September.

I am actually at this point, or nearly. I find it so very stressful dealing with people right now its making me sick. Its mostly the mask thing - people not wearing them, people refusing to, people just going OH BUT I DONT HAVE ONE and then being angry when I tell them to go get one and come back.

I am ok as long as I don't do another loving 6 day week.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

hockey jockey posted:

Anyway, good news, they are quite sure it isn't cancer, did a needle biopsy for my peace of mind but are so sure they're sending the results by letter. Feel bad for mentioning it in the first place, I'm not usually an attention seeker but was keeping it from my family and friends just in case.

:toot: this is excellent news and don't feel bad for mentioning it, we got you

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Would anyone like any fruit with their crumble because 75% of this is crumble

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
storm's acomin :cthulhu:

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Ratjaculation posted:

As long as it's drowned in custard I'll be happy

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Vanilla soy ice cream 😝😜🤪😛

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Today was “we show you what it’ll be like for our customers day” at work where we also got paid to watch a movie. They were meant to have a selection from what was “unlocked” on the digital system but nothing was so instead we all watched Inception on blu-ray. Then they turned it off at the point where the period we were getting paid for ended when there were still 15 minutes left and shouted at anyone who didn’t follow the arrows

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

At least now you know how to treat the customers.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

hockey jockey posted:

That's great news hj :toot:. It's okay to share things if you feel that things are building up.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ratjaculation posted:

That's how my sister deliberately makes it.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

i would deeply enjoy a bowl of 100% crumble

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

hockey jockey posted:

I'm atheist agnostic myself, just can't manage to attain the level of cognitive dissonance the vicars and MPs must have going on. I was brought up Catholic so you'd think I'd be better at ignoring very obvious logical flaws.

Dont feel bad. It is important to talk about how you feel otherwise you'll easily make yourself mad with worry

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010
Thanks all. Tbf, the madness train sailed a long time ago.

I want custard now. And syrup pudding. And Phish Phood ice cream since I'm dreaming.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

hockey jockey posted:

This thread is for ramblings, even if its just for peace of mind, so please ramble on. Glad you're probably all good!

Also you should have custard and syrup and everything else as a treat, but uhh, brush your teeth after

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I remember in infant/primary school having to sing hymns about jesus giving us water, jesus being great and all that

I got in trouble because I used to just fidget and fish-mouth the entire time out of boredom.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
We didn't have to until my last two-ish years of primary. Half of the kids in the assembly just refusing to sing or pray because I don't think there was a single church-goer among us and we were all little shits was pretty fun.

The school closed down about a year after I left.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

We all had to do the kumbyah bullshit but the heads kids didn't cos she was a vegan and didn't believe in God.

Can you be a vegan Christian or do you have to enjoy animals to be proper?

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Just watched a thing on iPlayer about some Christian group that is totally not a cult. Just a load of people who don't own anything and work on their farm and in the factory. To be honest it didn't look that bad (for the men).

Like I am ok with commune living but get away from me with the god poo poo.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I hate that RATMs first album didn't come out until I was about 12, up until that point I didn't realise I didn't have to do what they told me.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

CancerCakes posted:

Just watched a thing on iPlayer about some Christian group that is totally not a cult. Just a load of people who don't own anything and work on their farm and in the factory. To be honest it didn't look that bad (for the men).

Like I am ok with commune living but get away from me with the god poo poo.

Hello let me tell you about the commune I literally grew up in

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

But please don't put your life in the hands of a rock and roll band, you should probably just do what they told you.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i hate when you get to the last bit of a big bottle of sparkling water and it's nearly as poo poo as tap water :manning:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Buy a soda stream

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

We had the one with the glass bottles when I was younger. The sort of thing you go oh I bet that's worth a fortune now but actually isn't so you're kind of both disappointed and not disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

So did we. But we couldn't afford any of the refills or whatever they were. So it just sat on a shelf with the plastic turning yellow