Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Scientastic posted:

weird and awkward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

ehh you get the idea

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gridlocked posted:

not to interrupt my own gimick but i'm pretty sure I survived to the end didn't I?

Wait no I survived to like the final 8 or something

Hm maybe it was two Auspol games ago, could've sworn we stitched you up when I was scum that time,well whatever I definitely remember you getting a bunch of heat as town for this kinda thing

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

hambeet posted:

also holy poo poo gridlocked is in this game?

Who is Gridlocked? I get the impression I’m supposed the be awe in the presence of a forums mafia celebrity, and I really have no idea who they are

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Scientastic posted:

Who is Gridlocked? I get the impression I’m supposed the be awe in the presence of a forums mafia celebrity, and I really have no idea who they are

the seagull of tomls

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Scientastic posted:

I’m supposed the be awe in the presence of a forums mafia celebrity

No that's me

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Scum, Scumm and Scummy

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Scientastic posted:

No.

I was just pretending I didn’t realise they were in the game to put them back in their place, but you just ruined that.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

holy poo poo tommu is mod??

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

holy poo poo tommu is mod??

Fricked up

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Bifauxnen posted:

Hm maybe it was two Auspol games ago, could've sworn we stitched you up when I was scum that time,well whatever I definitely remember you getting a bunch of heat as town for this kinda thing

I did. Was fun.

I also trusted in Birdstrike and then backstabbed him because he's dodgy aye.

Also Liquid Anidav.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

lol nice gif loser

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

hambeet posted:

lol nice gif loser

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

okay so the only person making me suss is bif, because they're trying to play seriously. and it's bif. ##vote bif

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

or maybe gridlocked hiding behind a poo poo joke too long

yeah i get it ..

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

okay so the only person making me suss is bif, because they're trying to play seriously. and it's bif. ##vote bif

Ohhhhhhhhh my it begins

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

id rather ##vote rarity

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

well stop being suss

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

id rather ##vote rarity

because..?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Cause apparently it's Vote For The Most Effort-towny People Day, why didn't anyone tell me

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

hambeet posted:

because..?

time to brexit the game

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yes binus is scum because he would be the third vote. very serious town play.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hey i also just raelised we see to have a fairly active game? everyon'es posting!

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

hambeet posted:

hey i also just raelised we see to have a fairly active game? everyon'es posting!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

yes binus is scum because he would be the third vote. very serious town play.

Here,read it this time

Bifauxnen posted:

It's obviously not a hard and fast rule, making it sound like a law of mafia is a joke, but it does vaguely sum up a genuine principle.

Once you start actually piling a few votes on people, it passes from looking like just jokephase to causing actual consequences now, of making someone look like a serious lunch candidate.

The third vote or so is a pretty good place for scum to start coming in, if they want a mislunch to take off. Cast the first vote on someone and you might take all the blame for sticking your neck out and making a bad case. Cast the second vote and you might look too me-too. But once someone else has already done the me-too, it's not quite as scary anymore. It's now an approved idea that's passed some scrutiny and has more than one oddball townie on board.

No, I don't think binus probably sat there literally counting the votes, but he bothered to pick out that post of mine and call it pretty scummy, in a way that had no joke attached that I could see. So why not vote, if it was serious?

It's not just about that. It's that binus bothered to point out an individual post of mine and call it really scummy, instead of settling for his usual "lol", "scum are shook", "lots of scum bussing on this page" vague floating undirected statements which are his trademark. Yet despite having such a strong scum vibe from that specific post of mine, he didn't vote me. Why was he to chicken to vote me? That's a classic scummy behavior regardless of which vote number it is. That was the start of my criticism. "Maybe cause he was avoiding the third vote" is an afterthought.

I'm also pretty suspicious of both you and E+ trying so hard to downplay such a small initial jab at binus.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

so i was the third vote on you before birb withdrew.

does that make me not scummy for making it?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

also lol at 'down playing it hard', yes bif that's exactly what i've been doing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

id rather ##vote rarity

Rude

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

hambeet posted:

Come on son, you know better from last game.

hambeet posted:

lol paging sandwolf to post in this game.

Bifauxnen posted:

Here,read it this time

It's not just about that. It's that binus bothered to point out an individual post of mine and call it really scummy, instead of settling for his usual "lol", "scum are shook", "lots of scum bussing on this page" vague floating undirected statements which are his trademark. Yet despite having such a strong scum vibe from that specific post of mine, he didn't vote me. Why was he to chicken to vote me? That's a classic scummy behavior regardless of which vote number it is. That was the start of my criticism. "Maybe cause he was avoiding the third vote" is an afterthought.

I'm also pretty suspicious of both you and E+ trying so hard to downplay such a small initial jab at binus.

I agree with you enough about binus here that I am going to ##vote Binus

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

so i was the third vote on you before birb withdrew.

does that make me not scummy for making it?

You're actively trying now to make this about something it's not.

##vote beetface

My concern with binus is that he held back from voting me for seemingly no reason,which could be a telltale behaviour of cautious scum. "Maybe it's cause he was avoiding the third vote" was a little flourish I added instead of just saying "maybe cause he's scum!" cause I noticed that would've been the third vote if he hadn't held back.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

I miss your pony avatar

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Also what even is this poo poo,a throwback to irony Jenga?

hambeet posted:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

You're actively trying now to make this about something it's not.

##vote beetface

My concern with binus is that he held back from voting me for seemingly no reason,which could be a telltale behaviour of cautious scum. "Maybe it's cause he was avoiding the third vote" was a little flourish I added instead of just saying "maybe cause he's scum!" cause I noticed that would've been the third vote if he hadn't held back.

i'm not actively trying anything. i'm engaging with you about your thing that seems to be entirely predicated on the idea that bminus would be apprehensive to call you scum and vote you on day 1. yes. i'm skeptical of that and am pressing you on it in what was originally a humourous manner because i don't really buy it and it looks like you're trying to force something here which, irony ahoy, is probably a more realistic and reliable scum tell to start building a case out of than 'the third vote'.

also i decided to check back to see how hard e+ was downplaying your thing at binus:

Epsilon Plus posted:

who the hell actually believes "third vote scum" nowadays, and more over, wouldn't that number really depend on the number of players in the game?

one post.

and i'm the one making something it's not?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

this looks like anime

ANIBIRB!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

can someone make me a touch down gif, but it says beet down instead? thx

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

also i decided to check back to see how hard e+ was downplaying your thing at binus:

one post.

and i'm the one making something it's not?

There's only one E+ post about it because he ignored me trying to engage him about it further, while we were both here and posting.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

There's only one E+ post about it because he ignored me trying to engage him about it further, while we were both here and posting.

so you wanted them to play it down hard, but they didn't?

i'm sort of confused now bif.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

also way to ignore the whole first half of my post.

i don't feel this is very towniest townie behaviour.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

so you wanted them to play it down hard, but they didn't?

i'm sort of confused now bif.

This is what I asked him when I saw he had posted recently before me:

Bifauxnen posted:

Anyway, E+ have you got any response to my thoughts on binus beyond "meh I just don't wanna babble about meta ideas"?

You tried to downplay my vote by saying it was just about "third vote scum", you really don't have any reaction at all to when I explained further?

I directly accused him of trying to downplay my vote and asked if he had any other response. I didn't get a response. I don't see what's so ~confusing~ here beet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

also way to ignore the whole first half of my post.

i don't feel this is very towniest townie behaviour.

I can get back to that in just a moment (unlike E+), the last half was just very easy to address quickly.