Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

it's confusing because you're saying they're downplaying it hard. you said i am too.

i don't see e+ downplaying it hard, i see them rightfully pointing out the 3rd vote on its own is not a serious thing.

just because you accused them of playing it down doesn't make it so.

i'm sorry that your portrayal of battling against a coordinated assault of your argument doesn't hold up to much scrutiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

I can get back to that in just a moment (unlike E+), the last half was just very easy to address quickly.

okay you take that to scum chat to mull over and i'll wait.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

i'm not actively trying anything. i'm engaging with you about your thing that seems to be entirely predicated on the idea that bminus would be apprehensive to call you scum and vote you on day 1. yes. i'm skeptical of that and am pressing you on it in what was originally a humourous manner because i don't really buy it and it looks like you're trying to force something here which, irony ahoy, is probably a more realistic and reliable scum tell to start building a case out of than 'the third vote'.

Your engaging with me began with total nonsense about wanting to vote me for taking the game seriously, which is only my constant D1-right-out-the-gate effort town game you've seen me do on many, many occasions despite being such a mafia noob.

Since then it hasn't got much better, you pull me up for ignoring this part of your post for all of the minute or two it took me to address the other half first, but were fine with ignoring what else I'd said about binus.

And what am I trying to force? I cast one vote and I've responded to people like E+ and you who've responded to it in a way that suggests you don't understand. Your complete obtuseness towards all my recent posts suggest it is a willful misunderstanding.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

it's confusing because you're saying they're downplaying it hard. you said i am too.

i don't see e+ downplaying it hard, i see them rightfully pointing out the 3rd vote on its own is not a serious thing.

just because you accused them of playing it down doesn't make it so.

i'm sorry that your portrayal of battling against a coordinated assault of your argument doesn't hold up to much scrutiny.

And I told you that "lol third vote would've been the scum vote" is not the core thing it's about. It's a fun cherry I noticed on top of the calling-him-out-for-chickening-out-of-the-vote sundae.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
did imgay ever make yiff mafia?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I made the effort to explain this to E+ too, only to be ignored twice, but ok keep going on about how scummy I am for not working three phones at once with six hands so I can simultaneously respond to every sentence of yours instead of making you wait a whole few minutes of your precious time to go in some sort of temporal order

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I'll vote for whoever daddy beet tells me to vote for

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gridlocked posted:

I'll vote for whoever daddy beet tells me to vote for

Wow thanks for your contribution

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

I made the effort to explain this to E+ too, only to be ignored twice, but ok keep going on about how scummy I am for not working three phones at once with six hands so I can simultaneously respond to every sentence of yours instead of making you wait a whole few minutes of your precious time to go in some sort of temporal order

rattle rattle

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

hambeet posted:

rattle rattle

:hb:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

DGK2000 posted:

Come on son, you know better from last game.

lol paging sandwolf to post in this game.

I agree with you enough about binus here that I am going to ##vote Binus

Lol dgk and bif scumbuddies comfirmed

##vote dgk

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Your engaging with me began with total nonsense about wanting to vote me for taking the game seriously, which is only my constant D1-right-out-the-gate effort town game you've seen me do on many, many occasions despite being such a mafia noob.

Since then it hasn't got much better, you pull me up for ignoring this part of your post for all of the minute or two it took me to address the other half first, but were fine with ignoring what else I'd said about binus.

And what am I trying to force? I cast one vote and I've responded to people like E+ and you who've responded to it in a way that suggests you don't understand. Your complete obtuseness towards all my recent posts suggest it is a willful misunderstanding.

Bifauxnen posted:

And I told you that "lol third vote would've been the scum vote" is not the core thing it's about. It's a fun cherry I noticed on top of the calling-him-out-for-chickening-out-of-the-vote sundae.

hmmm.

Bifauxnen posted:

Holding back from the third vote are we, coward

##vote binus

Bifauxnen posted:

I do think I could be on to something with binus bothering to call me scummy but not wanting to drop a vote, possibly because it woulda been the third vote.

<snipped out irrelevant stuff about hal being dreamy or whatever>

[quote="Bifauxnen" post="507374681"]
It's obviously not a hard and fast rule, making it sound like a law of mafia is a joke, but it does vaguely sum up a genuine principle.

Once you start actually piling a few votes on people, it passes from looking like just jokephase to causing actual consequences now, of making someone look like a serious lunch candidate.

The third vote or so is a pretty good place for scum to start coming in, if they want a mislunch to take off. Cast the first vote on someone and you might take all the blame for sticking your neck out and making a bad case. Cast the second vote and you might look too me-too. But once someone else has already done the me-too, it's not quite as scary anymore. It's now an approved idea that's passed some scrutiny and has more than one oddball townie on board.

No, I don't think binus probably sat there literally counting the votes, but he bothered to pick out that post of mine and call it pretty scummy, in a way that had no joke attached that I could see. So why not vote, if it was serious?
[/quo

i don't see how, from re-reading the above, that me pointing out that your case is built on the principle of the 'third vote is scum' is me misunderstanding your case. you've said it multiple times now.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hosed that last quote. you can all work it out.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
How can you mislynch on day 1?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
In ythe hambeet v Bif debate, bif looks good, hambeet looks bad.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Amnistar posted:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

lol and oh come on that was an obvious joke about taking it to scum chat.

for someone who has gone on about others recognizing their own meta multiple times this game, you should at least be prepared for my posts.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amnistar posted:

lol

actually no, i'd like you to elaborate as to why amni.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
##vote bifauxnen

I'll contribute how I wanna contribute in d1

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Amnistar posted:

Woah, Amni’s scum

##Vote Amnistar

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Scientastic posted:

Woah, Amni’s scum

##Vote Amnistar

hmmmm why sci?

like what does amni's post imply about bif or my alignment?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

i don't see how, from re-reading the above, that me pointing out that your case is built on the principle of the 'third vote is scum' is me misunderstanding your case. you've said it multiple times now.

The hilarious thing is it's not even really a case. It was a jab. He didn't vote me and it looked scummy, so I poked him to see what happened. But you and E+ are the ones who reacted to it in a more suspicious way.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gridlocked posted:

##vote bifauxnen

I'll contribute how I wanna contribute in d1

you did good son

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

The hilarious thing is it's not even really a case. It was a jab. He didn't vote me and it looked scummy, so I poked him to see what happened. But you and E+ are the ones who reacted to it in a more suspicious way.

lol nice way to avoid the point. like, it's more suspicious for us to point out it's dumb than it is for you to pretend you didn't keep saying 'third vote scum'. just like you trying to paint my posts as 'unwillfully misunderstanding' and 'downplaying it hard'. okay bif. super townie.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

lol nice way to avoid the point. like, it's more suspicious for us to point out it's dumb than it is for you to pretend you didn't keep saying 'third vote scum'. just like you trying to paint my posts as 'unwillfully misunderstanding' and 'downplaying it hard'. okay bif. super townie.

Well I got onto an interesting mafia game theory digression, so sue me. I explained how the "third vote scum" thing, despite being a silly rule that can't be actual literal proof of anything, is at least inspired by a more genuine principle of trying to analyse when people want to get in on votes and why. But I concluded by explaining that the whole reason I brought it up because I thought binus was backing off from voting.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah I think beet's making way too much of way too little here

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Well I got onto an interesting mafia game theory digression, so sue me. I explained how the "third vote scum" thing, despite being a silly rule that can't be actual literal proof of anything, is at least inspired by a more genuine principle of trying to analyse when people want to get in on votes and why. But I concluded by explaining that the whole reason I brought it up because I thought binus was backing off from voting.

for me it's not the digression, it's the 'everyone who disagrees with me is suss' and 'you're just deliberately misunderstanding me' even though i'm clearly not, that bothers me most.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Rarity posted:

Yeah I think beet's making way too much of way too little here

eh, i've got an excellent track record bagging bif as scum :clint:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

better than gaspy. speaking of which..

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

hambeet posted:

hmmmm why sci?

like what does amni's post imply about bif or my alignment?

It makes an implication in a faux nonchalant style without a bona fide algniment call, I hate it

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

In fact, I’ve just had a read of Amni’s posts, and it all looks conspicuously terrible

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I’m on a train at the moment and can’t really face phoneposting my analyses of his awful posting, but I will do so when I get home later

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok maybe you just honestly misunderstood. And this:

hambeet posted:

yes binus is scum because he would be the third vote. very serious town play.

Was your honest interpretation,that I only thought binus is scum because of the most literal interpretation possible that he would've been the third vote. You pointed out how I said it in my first jab at binus but you ignore the meat of it. When I called him a coward. "Too scared to drop the third vote, coward?" Doesn't mean "ok everyone I have now deduced binus is scum through mafia phrenology" it means "hey it's early D1 but you look like scum,are you gonna flinch, scum?"

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

hambeet posted:

lol

actually no, i'd like you to elaborate as to why amni.

Bif reads as geniune in their stance. You come across as someone that thinks you've found something and aren't actually interested in any of the responses given. I see this back and forth as scum hambeet seeing a wedge that can be driven and town bif trying to explain why that wedge is dumb and being ignored.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bifauxnen posted:

Here,read it this time

It's not just about that. It's that binus bothered to point out an individual post of mine and call it really scummy, instead of settling for his usual "lol", "scum are shook", "lots of scum bussing on this page" vague floating undirected statements which are his trademark. Yet despite having such a strong scum vibe from that specific post of mine, he didn't vote me. Why was he to chicken to vote me? That's a classic scummy behavior regardless of which vote number it is. That was the start of my criticism. "Maybe cause he was avoiding the third vote" is an afterthought.

I'm also pretty suspicious of both you and E+ trying so hard to downplay such a small initial jab at binus.

Counterpoint: you are one of the few players who will tunnel someone very hard on D1, so particularly in a game this size, scum have much better low-hanging fruit they can go after on D1.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

did imgay ever make yiff mafia?

Modkill this filth.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tpink posted:

Counterpoint: you are one of the few players who will tunnel someone very hard on D1, so particularly in a game this size, scum have much better low-hanging fruit they can go after on D1.

Are you trying to suggest scum wouldn't bother trying to tangle with me? That sure never applies to beet.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Amnistar posted:

Agree to disagree.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Scientastic posted:

In fact, I’ve just had a read of Amni’s posts, and it all looks conspicuously terrible

I eagerly await your analysis! You have waited long enough for it not to look like an OMGUS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Amnistar posted:

This except the other way around