Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

here is the final list of boxcarhobo's favorite aew wrestler rankings.

1. Luther
2. Colin Delaney
3. Luther reigns
4. Cody
5. John Silver

edit i misread one of the posts. i thought the #3 wrestler Wrestled on aew dark and i didn't see it or something like that but it was a prank all along and it was the same Luther again (as the first one.) i don't want anything to do with this poisoned gift any longer. i've thrown it to the demons which is the name for all of the other posters involved in creating a global farce

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Aug 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I love it, thanks guys

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

In lieu of giving boxcarhobo Luther Reigns, we can give him peas

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

he's the original death dealer or so i am told.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
My top 5 would change day to day so I don’t even think I can choose. I like about 90% of the roster.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
The proper ranking has already been made.

0. Brodie Lee
1. Evil Uno
2. Stu Grayson
3. Alex Reynolds
4. John Silver
5. Alan Angels
6. ?
7. ?
8. 8
9. 9
10. Preston Vance

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

be funny if number seven was a real hungry guy always talking about, "I'm hungrier than a gubberment mule" or whatever it is. i have no idea what that term implies. sorry if it's offensive. But seven eight nine

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Silver....why is it always loving John Silver? A LITERAL CHILD?!

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Cavauro posted:

be funny if number seven was a real hungry guy always talking about, "I'm hungrier than a gubberment mule" or whatever it is. i have no idea what that term implies. sorry if it's offensive. But seven eight nine

Seven already works for AEW (apologies for 1999 WCW).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWtXAtGJ4JQ&hd=1

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Think back like 8 months ago if someone told you one of the funniest and most entertaining part of AEW would be the Beaver Boys.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Look at this, LOOK AT THIS

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERDS

I wanna play too

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Aug 19, 2020

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Cael posted:

Think back like 8 months ago if someone told you one of the funniest and most entertaining part of AEW would be the Beaver Boys.

Being surprised by what undercard wrestlers are capable of is my favorite thing about AEW.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

CombineThresher posted:

I know we talk about character work a lot here when we're trying to compliment less talented wrestlers, but Allie's really good at it and all she needed was to scale her ring work up from bad to competent. AEW's training sessions seem to have done that, which says a lot to me about their coaching staff and how they guide talent.

I was thinking about this while watching the women's. Allie's character work and facial expressions tell such a great story, she's really good at communicating her character.

Bard Maddox posted:

Jack Evans is the funniest wrestler in the entire world

This needed audio because just prior to this Jack Evans said "This is some virgin poo poo in here you need the alpha chad"

Also hot drat I didn't know Jack Evans could do a 630 Senton.

Please give us more Veda Scott on commentary.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UJUTz7XEtI

So hyped for this match...

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Keltar posted:

Look at this, LOOK AT THIS

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERDS

I wanna play too

(sue's son)

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

hooman posted:

Also hot drat I didn't know Jack Evans could do a 630 Senton.

I'm pretty sure he invented it. Or at least popularised it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

drat that's a great promo

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I want a Dark main event that's a triple threat between Jack Evans, Michael Nakazawa, and Orange Cassidy. No further story or plot necessary. Just book it and let them go wild.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://twitter.com/theAdamPage/status/1296054549506150401

Forgot about this until I saw the Hangman tweet

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I also forgot and now I'm sad :(

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

CombineThresher posted:

Being surprised by what undercard wrestlers are capable of is my favorite thing about AEW.

I just like how even the lowest of the low carders aren’t treated like total geeks. The acknowledgement that anyone on the roster to begin with has to be among the best is the right move.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Unforgivable that Nyla isn’t in that D&D party

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

jesus WEP posted:

Unforgivable that Nyla isn’t in that D&D party

Shitposting via DnD is incredible and necessary for every party.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

It is Wednesday.

Meh, dudes.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Lamuella posted:

It is Wednesday.

Meh, dudes.

I get to watch Black Girl Magic from the start tonight, instead of missing the first hour. It's a nice bonus.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

I'm pretty sure he invented it. Or at least popularised it

Oh wow, that's amazing. I'd never seen one before, I had to google it to find out what it was called.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Tweet's since been deleted, but big yeehaw nonetheless

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
He deleted it after someone suggested not to make a jokey post about that and RT'd this link

https://twitter.com/onew1ngedangelx/status/1295763861853831174

All-around good fella

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i just realized something

John Silver is the short one in the pair of John Silver and Alex Reynolds

he's no Long John Silver

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

hooman posted:

I was thinking about this while watching the women's. Allie's character work and facial expressions tell such a great story, she's really good at communicating her character.

https://twitter.com/WrestlingCovers/status/1295498306345467905?s=20
https://twitter.com/KgSmith312/status/1290798680510013441?s=20

hooman posted:

Oh wow, that's amazing. I'd never seen one before, I had to google it to find out what it was called.

630 is also Ricochet's finisher, although there's no reason you'd know it since he barely exists anymore

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I just like how even the lowest of the low carders aren’t treated like total geeks. The acknowledgement that anyone on the roster to begin with has to be among the best is the right move.

They are all elite.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

StarkRavingMad posted:

630 is also Ricochet's finisher, although there's no reason you'd know it since he barely exists anymore

They are all elite.

Isn’t it Sammy Guevara’s finisher too?

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Speaking of them I dig the R3ynolds and SiI_Ver styling to get the numbers on their trunks.

Also I can't find a picture of it but IIRC the VII and VIII are both crossed out on Brodie's pants so I think they were canonically killed/expelled from the Dark Order after they lost the one match months ago.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Dacap posted:

He's been using a GTS variant for a while now, and it looks great.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dacap posted:

I think Sammy does a 450? So basically he ends up landing chest first, Jack is doing an extra half rotation and landing butt-first.

Bischoff's take on AEW after his appearance:

Bischoff posted:

"When I went backstage at AEW, the first thing I noticed is wow, these guys are actually having fun trying to figure these things out. These guys are actually having fun trying to lay a match out in a way that not only entertains the audience but advances the story. You could tell, I could hear some of the conversations as I was walking by, these guys are working hard to get each other over, they're not just working hard to get themselves over which you have to do.

"When you get to that point, and you're coming at it with a frame of mind of how can I make my opponent look better than me and your opponent is looking to do the same thing, that's when the magic happens. I can't say enough good things about the talent, the energy backstage, the hospitality, the professionalism, it was really a great experience for me."

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

that's honestly a pretty glowing take from a guy that generally seemed to approach things cynically in the business

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

And Eric's heart grew three sizes that day

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

StarkRavingMad posted:

I think Sammy does a 450? So basically he ends up landing chest first, Jack is doing an extra half rotation and landing butt-first.

No, Sammy does a 630 and I'm afraid he's gonna break his neck every time.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

IcePhoenix posted:

No, Sammy does a 630 and I'm afraid he's gonna break his neck every time.

Looking at a few videos on youtube, you're totally right. On both things.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I know it's not something he can do reliably, but Sammy's running 450 he did off the stage to Matt or off the apron to Darby is really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
bischoffs on the payroll, who will be the next wrestling podcaster to succumb to big bucks tony