Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Also, in case it's unclear, because I know people are gonna make comments about being unclear in opinions:

I think Sci is scum and I caught them in a deliberate scumslip, so I'm not moving my vote until it is clear they are not an option.
I think Hambeet is scum, would vote for them.

I think Rarity might be scum, but it's a weak read right now.

I think Bif is town.

That is my reads right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bifauxnen posted:

Are you trying to suggest scum wouldn't bother trying to tangle with me? That sure never applies to beet.

No. I’m saying that in a game with 18 players, if I am scum, there’s like 5+ targets I would go after on day 1 rather than try to engage with the one poster who thrives on D1 analysis and will try to take apart everything I say (like what you’re doing with beet now). I don’t know what your past history with him is. I’m just telling you what I would or would not do in that hypothetical situation.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

This except the other way around

Lol

Scum shook

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok maybe you just honestly misunderstood. And this:

Was your honest interpretation,that I only thought binus is scum because of the most literal interpretation possible that he would've been the third vote. You pointed out how I said it in my first jab at binus but you ignore the meat of it. When I called him a coward. "Too scared to drop the third vote, coward?" Doesn't mean "ok everyone I have now deduced binus is scum through mafia phrenology" it means "hey it's early D1 but you look like scum,are you gonna flinch, scum?"

no bif. i do not think that.

i prodded you on what half of your 'jab' was, as you did repeatedly refer to the coincidence of him being concerned about shading you but not voting as 'dropping the third vote', because it would have been the third vote. and then when i prodded you on it in a dry way, as you quoted and i highlighted earlier, you reacted. i've pointed out that you've pushed back on people who disagree with you as being suspicious. then you were saying that i'm deliberately misunderstanding you. it looks like you're trying very hard to shade me (and i guess epsilon) as well as paint my posts as very negative. i don't really see you as trying to determine my alignment. to me it looks like you're just trying to shade me as being suss because i didn't agree with your theory / jab / case.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

tpink posted:

No. I’m saying that in a game with 18 players, if I am scum, there’s like 5+ targets I would go after on day 1 rather than try to engage with the one poster who thrives on D1 analysis and will try to take apart everything I say (like what you’re doing with beet now). I don’t know what your past history with him is. I’m just telling you what I would or would not do in that hypothetical situation.

So..you *are* saying that scum wouldn't want to tangle with Bif day 1, because there are easier targets.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Amnistar posted:

Also, in case it's unclear, because I know people are gonna make comments about being unclear in opinions:

I think Sci is scum and I caught them in a deliberate scumslip, so I'm not moving my vote until it is clear they are not an option.

I think Bif is town.

On Sci, I think that vig thing would have been an incredibly dumb scum slip so I dunno. Seems somewhat unlikely.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amnistar posted:

Bif reads as geniune in their stance. You come across as someone that thinks you've found something and aren't actually interested in any of the responses given. I see this back and forth as scum hambeet seeing a wedge that can be driven and town bif trying to explain why that wedge is dumb and being ignored.

lol. i'm not interested in their responses?! yet have responded to nearly each and every one.

ironically, i don't think you are paying attention.

are you just trying to find someone to jump onto to polarise and hope it takes off? you picked the wrong horse bucko.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

tpink posted:

On Sci, I think that vig thing would have been an incredibly dumb scum slip so I dunno. Seems somewhat unlikely.

Accidentally yes, but I think it's intentional so Sci can be a smug bug at the end of the game and I refuse to let them have that.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Are you trying to suggest scum wouldn't bother trying to tangle with me? That sure never applies to beet.

this is also true

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Amnistar posted:

So..you *are* saying that scum wouldn't want to tangle with Bif day 1, because there are easier targets.

Maybe I misunderstood Bif’s post - basically yes, which is part of why I tend to think beet isn’t scum.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

hambeet posted:

lol. i'm not interested in their responses?! yet have responded to nearly each and every one.

ironically, i don't think you are paying attention.

are you just trying to find someone to jump onto to polarise and hope it takes off? you picked the wrong horse bucko.

Maybe "not interested" isn't the right phrasing then. You don't care about any answer given as an explanation. You are engaging to make Bif look bad, not because you think bif is scum.

Basically, I read Bif as genuine and you as not genuine in the engagement.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Amnistar posted:

Please can you explain this again cause I didn't see it at the time and I still don't now

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Rarity posted:

Please can you explain this again cause I didn't see it at the time and I still don't now

When I read the post I read it as "Before I read my role pm I could have had a dayvig or a non-dayvig (i.e. nightvig) and now I *definately* don't have a dayvig *wink wink*"

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I wish I had a dayvig as opposed to my current form of vig which is nightkills for my team which is myself, Harold Krell, Infinitum, and Anpu.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amnistar posted:

Maybe "not interested" isn't the right phrasing then. You don't care about any answer given as an explanation. You are engaging to make Bif look bad, not because you think bif is scum.

Basically, I read Bif as genuine and you as not genuine in the engagement.

no i'm engaging bif because her argument didn't make sense, her response to people picking at it doesn't make sense nor does it seem townie and the way she keeps trying to throw shade on my pushing her is super suss.

so what would you call that amni? in your own words.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

no bif. i do not think that.

i prodded you on what half of your 'jab' was, as you did repeatedly refer to the coincidence of him being concerned about shading you but not voting as 'dropping the third vote', because it would have been the third vote. and then when i prodded you on it in a dry way, as you quoted and i highlighted earlier, you reacted. i've pointed out that you've pushed back on people who disagree with you as being suspicious. then you were saying that i'm deliberately misunderstanding you. it looks like you're trying very hard to shade me (and i guess epsilon) as well as paint my posts as very negative. i don't really see you as trying to determine my alignment. to me it looks like you're just trying to shade me as being suss because i didn't agree with your theory / jab / case.

I'm not trying to determine your alignment?I've been investing a lot of effort to actually explain my position to you beet, as if it might be possible for that action to have a point to it.

When I try my best to spell things out in as much detail as possible, despite that probably only making everyone else just get more fed up with my interminable posts, and you sit there still stubbornly going "nuh-uh", drat well I'm going to see it like you're approaching me in bad faith.

And you frame it as me just suspecting anyone who disagrees with me but guess what, I haven't got to find out yet if E+ still disagrees with me, cause I tried to ask him if he had any more thoughts after my big post and he buggered off.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's pretty clearly playing off his previous post though?

Scientastic posted:

I am currently Schrödinger’s dayvig

Scientastic posted:

Disappointing to say, I collapsed the dayvig waveform and have gone from both dayvig and non-dayvig at the same time to definitely not a dayvig

So are you saying that Sci accidentally let on he has a nightvig or that he is purposefully breadcrumbing a nightvig?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

hambeet posted:

no i'm engaging bif because her argument didn't make sense, her response to people picking at it doesn't make sense nor does it seem townie and the way she keeps trying to throw shade on my pushing her is super suss.

so what would you call that amni? in your own words.

Exccept her arguement does make sense. Which is why I don't think you're being genuine, I think you're being deliberately obtuse to push a narrative.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I mean it’s literally the equivalent of posting “I have a night kill.” I don’t disagree that that’s a possible way of reading his post. I just refuse to believe that any scum would be dumb enough to post that. Again, maybe there’s some weird meta read going on where you are convinced that he just couldn’t help leaving that crumb to gloat later, but without knowing that meta, it seems far-fetched.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amnistar posted:

I think Bif is town.

lol the sci scum slip is dumb. and what's your read on rarity. it's weak, but what is it?

stop saying these random things.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mr. Humalong posted:

I wish I had a dayvig as opposed to my current form of vig which is nightkills for my team which is myself, Harold Krell, Infinitum, and Anpu.

Need some Lumpen in there to really make it spicy

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Rarity posted:

It's pretty clearly playing off his previous post though?

So are you saying that Sci accidentally let on he has a nightvig or that he is purposefully breadcrumbing a nightvig?

I think Sci deliberately said "non-dayvig" instead of "no dayvig" not as a breadcrumb to be found but as something to point at after game and say "See look, I told you I was scum!"

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

hambeet posted:

lol the sci scum slip is dumb. and what's your read on rarity. it's weak, but what is it?

stop saying these random things.

I think rarity is scum? That's the read? I'm not sure what you want beyond that. If you want reasoning, it's not very fleshed out. The content game bit, and how they're posting a lot, but mostly noise early in the day is probably what has me suspicious of them.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah I'm not buying the scum-crumb idea either, sorry Amni

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

tpink posted:

I mean it’s literally the equivalent of posting “I have a night kill.” I don’t disagree that that’s a possible way of reading his post. I just refuse to believe that any scum would be dumb enough to post that. Again, maybe there’s some weird meta read going on where you are convinced that he just couldn’t help leaving that crumb to gloat later, but without knowing that meta, it seems far-fetched.

I'll freely admit it's not a read I expect anyone else to buy into. I'm not expecting to convince people Sci is scum based on that. I am refusing to let Sci get away with what I see as a gloat post.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm not trying to determine your alignment?I've been investing a lot of effort to actually explain my position to you beet, as if it might be possible for that action to have a point to it.

When I try my best to spell things out in as much detail as possible, despite that probably only making everyone else just get more fed up with my interminable posts, and you sit there still stubbornly going "nuh-uh", drat well I'm going to see it like you're approaching me in bad faith.

And you frame it as me just suspecting anyone who disagrees with me but guess what, I haven't got to find out yet if E+ still disagrees with me, cause I tried to ask him if he had any more thoughts after my big post and he buggered off.

hey bif, you've spent a lot of posts saying i am misunderstanding you, so when i actually explain it and you don't confirm whether or not i was right and go onto some of the other poo poo i posted about... well you can see why i have a problem with your posts, yeah?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Rarity posted:

Need some Lumpen in there to really make it spicy

Lumpen is the serial killer

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Amnistar posted:

I think Sci deliberately said "non-dayvig" instead of "no dayvig" not as a breadcrumb to be found but as something to point at after game and say "See look, I told you I was scum!"

So he set up the dayvig joke on purpose just so he could breadcrumb a scum claim to mock us all for later?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Rarity posted:

So he set up the dayvig joke on purpose just so he could breadcrumb a scum claim to mock us all for later?

That is what I believe yes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amnistar posted:

Exccept her arguement does make sense. Which is why I don't think you're being genuine, I think you're being deliberately obtuse to push a narrative.

okay sorry, you are 100% right. i didn't phrase that correctly. i've only phrased it that way when i just responded to you, then though, never to bif. to bif i've pointed out solely that i disagree with her 'jab'.

so can you try again to explain how i am engaging with her to make her look bad? spoilers: my argument would be that she's doing a fine job of that herself.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

hey bif, you've spent a lot of posts saying i am misunderstanding you, so when i actually explain it and you don't confirm whether or not i was right and go onto some of the other poo poo i posted about... well you can see why i have a problem with your posts, yeah?

Whether or not you were right? About what? That I mentioned third votes a lot? Ok I did. Definitely too much to keep the message on point apparently, but that wasn't exactly at the forefront of my mind when I'm just trying to make a zing on someone sound cool and then wait to see what happens.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Amnistar posted:

That is what I believe yes.

The Schrodinger's dayvig post was at 7:23 am BST. Sci joined the discord 7:35 am BST. How does this fit your theory?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Whether or not you were right? About what? That I mentioned third votes a lot? Ok I did. Definitely too much to keep the message on point apparently, but that wasn't exactly at the forefront of my mind when I'm just trying to make a zing on someone sound cool and then wait to see what happens.

:psyboom:

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Rarity posted:

The Schrodinger's dayvig post was at 7:23 am BST. Sci joined the discord 7:35 am BST. How does this fit your theory?

The other post is the one I think is the scum claim.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

man this is a really good day 1

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i should have written wow.

i didn't intend that to be so gender specific.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

hambeet posted:

okay sorry, you are 100% right. i didn't phrase that correctly. i've only phrased it that way when i just responded to you, then though, never to bif. to bif i've pointed out solely that i disagree with her 'jab'.

so can you try again to explain how i am engaging with her to make her look bad? spoilers: my argument would be that she's doing a fine job of that herself.

I dont know how many times you want me to say it but your posts don't feel genuine, bif's do.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Amnistar posted:

The other post is the one I think is the scum claim.

You said he setup the joke on purpose so he could scum claim but he didn't know his role until after he setup the joke. How does this make any sense to you?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Rarity posted:

You said he setup the joke on purpose so he could scum claim but he didn't know his role until after he setup the joke. How does this make any sense to you?

No, I think hw took advantage of a joke made to slip in the claim. Also, im unsure why you're pressing so hard here. I have already acknowledged that no one else is going to beleive my conspiracy theory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Amnistar posted:

Accidentally yes, but I think it's intentional so Sci can be a smug bug at the end of the game and I refuse to let them have that.

I uh... no. No. NO. It was very clearly him saying either is a dayvig or he isn't. A binary thing. And a science joke. You've latched on to something that isn't A Thing.