Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

bischoffs on the payroll, who will be the next wrestling podcaster to succumb to big bucks tony

Gonna have to update the very real spreadsheet/contract document currently rustling jimmies all over Twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Gonna have to update the very real spreadsheet/contract document currently rustling jimmies all over Twitter

They've moved on to being mad about fake Dave Meltzer quotes.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

bischoffs on the payroll, who will be the next wrestling podcaster to succumb to big bucks tony

Lies, he wasn't even on that accounts payable sheet that was floating around a while back.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

We are all on Tonys payroll.

He pays us with wrestling bliss.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1296089813423095809?s=20

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

she's gonna take that title. It looks right on her.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
So with Renee Young leaving WWE wonder what are the odds she'll show up at AEW. Her sights are probably set higher.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Keltar posted:

So with Renee Young leaving WWE wonder what are the odds she'll show up at AEW. Her sights are probably set higher.

AEW would I think be delighted to have her because she's an exceptional broadcaster, but I think she could end up as a network anchor no problem.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

When’s the Women’s Title going to be finished?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Lamuella posted:

AEW would I think be delighted to have her because she's an exceptional broadcaster, but I think she could end up as a network anchor no problem.

Definitely. ESPN or even places like TSN would love to have her.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Guys I'm not a kid, I'm 29 years old!

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
It's a shame wrestling is such a niche thing because Katie Nolan is sort of into it mostly fuled by her very real hate of Miz, and a Young and Nolan hosted wrestling show would be fantastic.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
My most controversial wrestling opinion is that the women's belt is good. Not saying it couldn't be improved upon, but a small distinct well-designed belt is vastly preferable to something big and ugly, so by the standards of wrestling belts...can't complain

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Keltar posted:

She's 100% going to fox sports or ESPN.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
so, should there be a new thread for the All Out replay, or is this going to end up being disjointed and maybe not even watched?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

just make a thread, nobody posts in the raw or smackdown threads every week, it literally couldn't matter less.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Yeah, a new thread would be great - I'll be watching tonight and I'd like it if the Wednesday night tradition kept going

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Lamuella posted:

she's gonna take that title. It looks right on her.

The women's title looks strangely good on Cody. Just swap the belts permanently.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

karmicknight posted:

so, should there be a new thread for the All Out replay, or is this going to end up being disjointed and maybe not even watched?

I'd love a thread if I end up watching and worst case scenario no one posts in it and it falls down into the forever. I don't think it needs to be particularly effort-heavy.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm gonna be watching and didn't see it the first time around so I'll post in it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

karmicknight posted:

:justpost: :posthaste:

Not like we can run out of threads

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

make a thread so I don't have to guess where to skip ahead to later in this one

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I'd love a thread if I end up watching and worst case scenario no one posts in it and it falls down into the forever. I don't think it needs to be particularly effort-heavy.

uh.

well: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3937148

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

xbilkis posted:

My most controversial wrestling opinion is that the women's belt is good. Not saying it couldn't be improved upon, but a small distinct well-designed belt is vastly preferable to something big and ugly, so by the standards of wrestling belts...can't complain

StarkRavingMad posted:

The women's title looks strangely good on Cody. Just swap the belts permanently.

It was based on the old Southern/Florida Heavyweight belts

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I still agree with whoever had the idea that Nyla should powerbomb someone ontop of the belt and it comes out squashed and bigger like a penny flattening machine.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Pylons posted:

I still agree with whoever had the idea that Nyla should powerbomb someone ontop of the belt and it comes out squashed and bigger like a penny flattening machine.

:hmmyes:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Pylons posted:

aka the Wile E. Coyote approach.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Keltar posted:

We are all on Tonys payroll.

He pays us with wrestling bliss.
Dang, that's generous. WWE fans have to pay $400 to get rejected by her on Cameo.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

First Sturgis related case of COVID is hitting the news, dude who spent the afternoon drinking in one of the bars there last Tuesday.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Endless Mike posted:

Dang, that's generous. WWE fans have to pay $400 to get rejected by her on Cameo.

thank you for reminding me that exists lmao

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Watching All Out will probably make me depressed at seeing a crowd but I’ll give it a shot.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
IT IS WEDNES--

oh.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Heel Hangman should come out to Frontier Psychiatry

Seems like more of an NXT theme. "It's the opinion of the entire staff that Dexter is criminally insane!"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Can you please find that bandcamp or somewhere that had the janela/kiss themesong on it, and show me that website?

Ah, you don't have to. i went to my 'browser history'. https://aewrestling.bandcamp.com/track/just-drive-sonny-joey-theme

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

, dude who spent the afternoon drinking in one of the bars there last Tuesday.

:judas:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cavauro posted:

Can you please find that bandcamp or somewhere that had the janela/kiss themesong on it, and show me that website?

Ah, you don't have to. i went to my 'browser history'. https://aewrestling.bandcamp.com/track/just-drive-sonny-joey-theme

https://open.spotify.com/track/2SgIVqB8T7rarPaCNnyDyQ?si=Cj6gopHyQtqYPekhtNSuCg

edit:

Kip Sabian has nearly everything to be a huge deal in AEW. I feel like he's missing one last piece. Anyone else feel the same? He's really fuckin' good.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

rotinaj posted:

https://open.spotify.com/track/2SgIVqB8T7rarPaCNnyDyQ?si=Cj6gopHyQtqYPekhtNSuCg

edit:

Kip Sabian has nearly everything to be a huge deal in AEW. I feel like he's missing one last piece. Anyone else feel the same? He's really fuckin' good.

That one piece is being booked on TV more than once every 6 weeks.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
He needs a meaningful feud and also a cool finisher. One man magic killer ain't doing it for me.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

he and lee johnson should have a best of 7 series and get mic time on aew programming, not twitter or some other place where nobody will see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

blunt posted:

That one piece is being booked on TV more than once every 6 weeks.

:hai:

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He needs a meaningful feud and also a cool finisher. One man magic killer ain't doing it for me.

:hai:

I hope they do all of these things.

edit: I realize it's probably impossible right now due to the heat, but I love the visual of the dark order on the entranceway stage and wish theyd do that for every dark order match, all match long