Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

tpink posted:

The whole swing from "Sci scumslipped and I'm not backing off it!!" to this is odd.

Is it though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Asphyxious posted:

It’s DGK

##vote DGK

I'd be more invested, but thanks?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Rarity posted:

I'd say it's a B-

I don't disagree.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

DGK2000 posted:

I feel your drumming up people is performative and a way for you to provide 'content' without really providing content so you can look town.

Then what would you have me do exactly? Scummily lurk until a case comes up I can jump on? That’s what you seem to be doing, but I’d rather not Because the alternative is actively trying to get people to engage, which is what I’m doing.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Sure, we can if you want but maybe it won't be necessary. After sleeping on it I see an exchange like this:

Me: "Can you tell me precisely what you even actually mean when you say 'you disagree with my initial jab'?" (provides a few examples of how even just this one sentence can be read in a few different ways)

You: "Wow. I've clearly said [repeats exact phrase I specifically asked you to clarify]"

And think, wow we must just have some really serious gaps in how we communicate, that end up driving us nuts in Mafia where attempts to clear them up can't be trusted at face value. I really haven't meant to patronise you, but I can see how it would very easily sound and feel like that when I start trying to pick everything apart so much until I can locate and pin down the exact cause of where you could be misunderstanding me. And when I drop that kind of sendoff.

For what it's worth, yesterday didn't get me really upset at all, just increasingly frustrated. And I thought, man if this had been back in the oldschool Auspol days, this woulda been where I start just browbeating everyone with a naked emotional plea to get you lunched no matter what. My suggestion for changing up your playstyle wasn't only meant as a put-down of your playstyle in this game. (I won't try to deny that element was there though :v: ) I remember you saying recently that you do like to try and change things up sometimes, and I really do think it might be an interesting experiment. It'd certainly throw off the thing that always gets you on my scumdar, at least. But yeah, talking about this kinda thing is more awkward when a game's still on so I'll try and save it till then next time.

I've had a nice streak of a couple really fun chill games lately, at least by my standards, where I can still get all in scum's face but it hasn't got personal at all. I want to keep that up, and I'm sorry I started reaching for more meta topics there which made it more personal.

Yep, the whole thing read to me like communication gaps. I like both of you and I think you're both town. OH NO A TOWNIE SLAP FIGHT

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

Then what would you have me do exactly? Scummily lurk until a case comes up I can jump on? That’s what you seem to be doing, but I’d rather not Because the alternative is actively trying to get people to engage, which is what I’m doing.

You are scummily lurking until someone quotes you lol

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

I could see this, tbh.

Oh poo poo humalong is in this game?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

DGK2000 posted:

Yep, the whole thing read to me like communication gaps. I like both of you and I think you're both town. OH NO A TOWNIE SLAP FIGHT

Ok, I know you’re dripping with sarcasm, but that’s LITERALLY the case that was on me. Why on earth would you vote me for it and do the same thing yourself four posts later? I’m confused.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

DGK2000 posted:

Oh poo poo humalong is in this game?

You quoted a larger post of mine like 10 posts ago and agreed with it...

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

DGK actually scum here?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Amnistar posted:

Naw, you needed to distance yourself so you didn't come across as "me too" and look like you were hiding your vote/motives with everyone else.

Don't like this.

Mr. Humalong posted:

You quoted a larger post of mine like 10 posts ago and agreed with it...

It's a callback to last game!

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

hambeet posted:

what's the dgk case?

:shrug:

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

I’m pedantic enough to google this and drat you are a legend sir

Literally went to my kitchen to check

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

Hmm I guess I missed the post about extending deadline

Yes you can go back to lurking scummily.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

Literally this.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Right well I'm caught up what is the case on me?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mr. Humalong posted:

No, I’m popping in when I can and posting. I hit 10 posts before any of this back and forth started. If I was scum Why on earth wouldn’t I do what the majority of scum are probably doing and just sit pretty? Because I’m town and I want to get information into the thread. I really do not get what y’all are wanting me to do here.

I post, and get called out for not having anything written.

So I try to join in and tell people that I’m getting null reads, and I get called out for not having a scum read. I make a call on scumread to get people off my back and back to hunting scum, and people say I’m still not contributing.

Then, I get home from work and try answering the thread, and now I’m being scummy by responding.

The alternative is to just do nothing til deadline, let you all pile on and mislynch me, then after I flip town I get to watch the rest of the game go by as everyone says I posted scummy anyway, so it was a good day 1 call.

This is frustrating.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

No, I’m popping in when I can and posting. I hit 10 posts before any of this back and forth started. If I was scum Why on earth wouldn’t I do what the majority of scum are probably doing and just sit pretty? Because I’m town and I want to get information into the thread. I really do not get what y’all are wanting me to do here.

I post, and get called out for not having anything written.

So I try to join in and tell people that I’m getting null reads, and I get called out for not having a scum read. I make a call on scumread to get people off my back and back to hunting scum, and people say I’m still not contributing.

Then, I get home from work and try answering the thread, and now I’m being scummy by responding.

The alternative is to just do nothing til deadline, let you all pile on and mislynch me, then after I flip town I get to watch the rest of the game go by as everyone says I posted scummy anyway, so it was a good day 1 call.

This is frustrating.

ignore the haters and post, imo

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

i would say playfully insult anyone who questions your play but uhhhhhhhh

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

ignore the haters and post, imo

This really, if you're town it'll become apparent. Or you'll get lunched. I had a string of like 10 games years ago where I got killed D1 because I posted a lot.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

That makes sense, I just want more conversations to pop up. That way I have more to work with. Cause right now there’s not a lot jumping out that hasn’t already been covered.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

What I usually do when I'm playing is I keep a running list of people in my head (or in notepad) that I have a bad gut feel about. Then if I feel stuck I'll pick one of those from that list (usually the one with the fewest posts because I'm lazy) and try to drum up a case on them. Sometimes there's a case, sometimes there isn't.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

ok I'm done mafia dadding

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Mr. Humalong posted:

ok I'm done mafia dadding

smash the patriarchy

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

What I usually do when I'm playing is I keep a running list of people in my head (or in notepad) that I have a bad gut feel about. Then if I feel stuck I'll pick one of those from that list (usually the one with the fewest posts because I'm lazy) and try to drum up a case on them. Sometimes there's a case, sometimes there isn't.

A good scum strat.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

no that's what I do as town

I don't have a strategy as scum, I don't get it often enough

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

no that's what I do as town

I don't have a strategy as scum, I don't get it often enough

:marc:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

what's your meta as scum beet

besides what you're currently doing

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
The post below me is my amazing Ng analysis of this day 1 meta crap. Look how smart I am being a wizard:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

what's your meta as scum beet

besides what you're currently doing

I shake it up every game.

My latest goto is that I keep a running list of people in my head (or in notepad) that I have a bad gut feel about. Then if I feel stuck I'll pick one of those from that list (usually the one with the fewest posts because I'm lazy) and try to drum up a case on them. Sometimes there's a case, sometimes there isn't.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

hambeet posted:

My latest goto is that I keep a running list of people in my head (or in notepad) that I have a bad gut feel about. Then if I feel stuck I'll pick one of those from that list (usually the one with the fewest posts because I'm lazy) and try to drum up a case on them. Sometimes there's a case, sometimes there isn't.

wow admitting to manufacturing cases whole cloth?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

yo why the gently caress does fallout 3 not load

I just want to play this stupid game I bought 10 years ago and never played

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i remember needing to install Games for Windows Live , because it uses that. Unless they've patched now to remove it?

idk google it.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

yeah it says to install that and also disable my second monitor lol

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I clicked "forgot password" on games for windows live and the site it opens no longer exists

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

hambeet posted:

Thanks dad.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mr. Humalong posted:

I clicked "forgot password" on games for windows live and the site it opens no longer exists

put it in h

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

hunter2

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

wait why didn't it make that a bunch of stars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

lol the americans are gonna be pissed when they wake up and see all this poo poo