Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

it wasn't me this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hey remember when i went all in on steak and everyone was like 'lol townie slap fight'.

good times.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I got it working. Now preparing to be disappointed in it compared to New Vegas

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Time for a good old-fashioned Rarity Catch-Up session :toot:

Epsilon Plus posted:

sowwy \\\w\\\ I'll do better next time mistaw amnistaw uwu

Make this your post restriction

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

initially I thought sci posted more annoyingly

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

then amnistar filled up the last page so now they should both get dunked

The old Russian man with a possessed arm speaks sense

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hello I have been driving all day but now I’m back and I am catching up and I agree with beets post asking B- what the case is on DGK

Oh look Hal is back and he's already doing pointless white noise posting

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hal Incandenza posted:

In fact I’m actually much more inclined to ##vote SNG because Amni’s points on him are decent

Easy bandwagon vote. And the fact Taste is voting Hal too makes me feel even more confident in my read.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I woke up to over 100 posts, I’m not going to quote anything, but give my general impressions:

SNG is still scum, he’s really defensive and reactive, and is not playing a town game

Amni is less scummy now than he was yesterday, he seems to be being a bit more reasonable, like he’s remembered how to play

Shalashuka Whatever is shitposting from the sidelines, I’d say he’s lurking scum

Toalpaz is doing what he did D1 in our flawless scum victory, could be scum

I don’t like E+ or Rarity, don’t know why, can’t be bothered working it out, it’s early

Like Hum, fee like he’s town, he seems to have a good balance between engaged and having fun

I guess DGK is playing his normal game, not posting much or doing much of consequence

Don’t remember any significant contribution from any other players that leap out, I apologise if you’re reading this and I’ve forgotten you, maybe post better

Time for tea

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DGK2000 posted:

Yeah I don't like Toalpaz there, it's not impossible to think more than one person is scum.

DGK's catch-up posts read town to me and I like the point he makes here about Toalpaz

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DGK2000 posted:

I like both of you and I think you're both town. OH NO A TOWNIE SLAP FIGHT

Lol yeah strong idgaf town vibes here

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sandnavyguy posted:

No, I’m popping in when I can and posting. I hit 10 posts before any of this back and forth started. If I was scum Why on earth wouldn’t I do what the majority of scum are probably doing and just sit pretty? Because I’m town and I want to get information into the thread. I really do not get what y’all are wanting me to do here.

I post, and get called out for not having anything written.

So I try to join in and tell people that I’m getting null reads, and I get called out for not having a scum read. I make a call on scumread to get people off my back and back to hunting scum, and people say I’m still not contributing.

Then, I get home from work and try answering the thread, and now I’m being scummy by responding.

The alternative is to just do nothing til deadline, let you all pile on and mislynch me, then after I flip town I get to watch the rest of the game go by as everyone says I posted scummy anyway, so it was a good day 1 call.

This is frustrating.

Yeah I'm not seeing the case on sandy. I made this exact post as town in my early games when people were casing me aggressively and I felt like every single thing I did was being taken the wrong way.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

HELLO I am here for turps posting

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TURPS

i'm getting on it soon. again. because why not.

super disappointed gaspy can't even be bothered to post.

shook scum i recks

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

hambeet posted:

I shake it up every game.

My latest goto is that I keep a running list of people in my head (or in notepad) that I have a bad gut feel about. Then if I feel stuck I'll pick one of those from that list (usually the one with the fewest posts because I'm lazy) and try to drum up a case on them. Sometimes there's a case, sometimes there isn't.

You're good people, beet

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mr. Humalong posted:

lol the americans are gonna be pissed when they wake up and see all this poo poo

Waking up to 2 pages of shitposts? Now I'm really playing mafia again :v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Anyway all up to date now. I don't like Sci dialling back up on Amni now that Amni's dialled back on him but my strongest scum read is Hal so ##vote Hal for a better tomorrow

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Rarity posted:

Yeah I'm not seeing the case on sandy. I made this exact post as town in my early games when people were casing me aggressively and I felt like every single thing I did was being taken the wrong way.

If SNG flips scum this a dangeroso posto

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Why Hal? Hal is at best a benign evil

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Humalong stop cosplaying as an Aussie, all they know is vb and be bogan

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

i taught them all conkers while we were on smoko

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I drank a lot of mezcal tonight so pretend I remember all my Aussie slang

munted & such

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote SNG

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sandwolf posted:

If SNG flips scum this a dangeroso posto

I've been rereading my early games this week and it really reminded me of the breakdown I had in Battleship Mafia when windshipper was going after me hard while I was town. I could recognise the same emotion coming out of sandy's post.

Sandwolf posted:

Why Hal? Hal is at best a benign evil

Posting that sounds insightful but has zero meaning. Tries to act innocent but disappears from the thread when I show I'm being serious. Returns to lots of new content but doesn't have a single strong opinion. Easy bandwagon vote. Nothing benign about this evil.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Hal posting exactly as he always does regardless of alignment

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mr. Humalong posted:

lol the americans are gonna be pissed when they wake up and see all this poo poo

Frankly I'm pissed off already with all this "text" and "reads" and "scum hunting"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Scientastic posted:

Hal lurks as town too but he still looks like he's actually trying when he does show up. He's so low effort here, it comes across like he's just looking to coast through the day.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Scientastic posted:

Yeah this pretty much. I am always up for a Hal lunch but there's not much to say about it that makes this case special.

Oh hey Sandwolf, nice to see you back, looking forward to the turps posting

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Whatsup Bif how you doin? How’s Mini?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

There are a couple people I’m actually willing to vote for today so I think I’ll pass on the Hal special today

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

Whatsup Bif how you doin? How’s Mini?

We're doing pretty well! We just had a 3-day weekend in Queensland, so Mini had her monthly visit with auntie and uncle and they went camping, so she had lots of fun. :3: And I got a lot of poo poo done at home in the meantime!

Sandwolf posted:

There are a couple people I’m actually willing to vote for today so I think I’ll pass on the Hal special today

Ooh like who? I'm thinking I could stand to leave the Amni thing aside for now since it's well established, and try this instead to see if they'll give me some more to work with here

##vote Toalpaz

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Rarity posted:

Hal lurks as town too but he still looks like he's actually trying when he does show up. He's so low effort here, it comes across like he's just looking to coast through the day.

I’m not sure I agree, it’s D1, I can’t recall a time when Hal ever really actively contributed to D1

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Sandwolf posted:

This too, there are way better reasons to vote for several players

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sci going to bat for Hal so hard makes me want to vote Hal more lol

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

We're doing pretty well! We just had a 3-day weekend in Queensland, so Mini had her monthly visit with auntie and uncle and they went camping, so she had lots of fun. :3: And I got a lot of poo poo done at home in the meantime!

Ooh like who? I'm thinking I could stand to leave the Amni thing aside for now since it's well established, and try this instead to see if they'll give me some more to work with here

##vote Toalpaz

but what about the beet thing

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Rarity posted:

Sci going to bat for Hal so hard makes me want to vote Hal more lol

so is that about your opinions on sci or your opinions on hal?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

wait i worded that badly. like is you wanting to vote hal more because you're suss on sci ?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh yeah that was much better 'like is you' wtf is this. amateur hour?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

but what about the beet thing

You can have your usual D1 waiting period.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

hambeet posted:

wait i worded that badly. like is you wanting to vote hal more because you're suss on sci ?

Sci was the person I was voting for before I switched to Hal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’m sure in one of Hal’s 500 games he put in a ton of effort on day 1 but in the last 30 I’ve seen him play he’s posted just like this