Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I guess it's been years since I played with him and his meta could have changed but meta arguments are duuuuuumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

You’re not wrong Rarity

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’d give a child to be in Aus right now :(

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bif can I ask why Toal over SNG?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

hambeet posted:

TURPS

i'm getting on it soon. again. because why not.

super disappointed gaspy can't even be bothered to post.

shook scum i recks

I’m posting plenty. And my vote is solid gold.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sandwolf posted:

You’re not wrong Rarity

First time for everything I suppose :v:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Rarity posted:

Sci going to bat for Hal so hard makes me want to vote Hal more lol

“so hard”

Yeah, I really went balls to the wall there, what a catch

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'm getting deja vu

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Sandwolf posted:

I assume it's just to prod toal to post

anyways I'll switch my vote to avoid no-lunch if I gotta but I do think ##vote Amnistar is the good good plan

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
Bif you seem rumbled for someone with two (2) votes on

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

When Toal is posting a bunch and sounding super scummy as always, they often turn out to be town.

When they're lying low and not posting enough to actively ping my scumdar, that's when you really gotta watch out.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

Bif you seem rumbled for someone with two (2) votes on

ok if you say so mate

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bifauxnen posted:

When Toal is posting a bunch and sounding super scummy as always, they often turn out to be town.

When they're lying low and not posting enough to actively ping my scumdar, that's when you really gotta watch out.

Rarity posted:

meta arguments are duuuuuumb

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I really should look at Toalpaz properly tbf

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

ok if you say so mate

:unsmith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok so Toalpaz's posting consists of:

- claiming VT in my survey
- dropping a town read on binus I do not get at all
- saying binus is still worth voting out even so???
- voting for Sci for joking about scumclaiming
- poking at the Sci/Amni buddy train whatever thing
- votes Sci which I like but does it cause Sci said disingenuous which is so lame

I'm not getting huge scum vibes here but they're there a little and I'm not really getting any town vibes at all. Would like to know what other people think.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Meta arguments are actually extremely good.

Only cowards limit this battle of wills to a single location and chronology.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Do you want to win?

Do you want to destroy all scum?

What will you sacrifice to achieve your goals?

If these questions make you flinch or withdraw, you can never play mafia.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gaspy pushing out that post count

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Asphyxious posted:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

Gaspy pushing out that post count

Who needs posts day one? Serious question, do you honestly see benefit to posting heaps when you have nothing to say?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Who needs posts day one? Serious question, do you honestly see benefit to posting heaps when you have nothing to say?

it'd be rude to keep these thoughts contained

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

it'd be rude to keep these thoughts contained

I prefer to watch. Especially at this point.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asphyxious posted:

Content helps town. Even if we mislynch today there's still reads based on content today that will help us down the line. Refusing to engage is anti-town behaviour.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hey real talk sanguinius kinda looks like trump there

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Rarity posted:

Content helps town. Even if we mislynch today there's still reads based on content today that will help us down the line. Refusing to engage is anti-town behaviour.

Why mislynch? I found a scum so day 1 can be a success all around.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Asphyxious posted:

Do you want to win?
Yes

Do you want to destroy all scum?
I mean yes assuming I'm not scum myself.

Everyone including myself obviously.

Grade me please.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asphyxious posted:

Why mislynch? I found a scum so day 1 can be a success all around.

Don't really think your vote will go anywhere with this attitude, champ

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Current Votecount

Votecount for Day 1

sandnavyguy (5): Amnistar, Scientastic, Hal Incandenza, DGK2000, Sandwolf
Hal Incandenza (2): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, t a s t e, Rarity
DGK2000 (2): b-minus1, Asphyxious
Bifauxnen (2): Rarity, Hal Incandenza, Rarity, SHALASHASKA HAWKE, SHALASHASKA HAWKE, hambeet, Gridlocked, Hal Incandenza
Amnistar (2): SHALASHASKA HAWKE, SHALASHASKA HAWKE, Scientastic, Scientastic, sandnavyguy, Bifauxnen, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Bifauxnen, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus
Rarity (1): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Scientastic, Scientastic, SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Asphyxious (1): Mr. Humalong
Toalpaz (1): Scientastic, Scientastic, Bifauxnen
Scientastic (1): Rarity, Rarity, Amnistar, Toalpaz, Rarity, Amnistar, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Rarity
Gridlocked (0): SHALASHASKA HAWKE, Scientastic, SHALASHASKA HAWKE, Scientastic
hambeet (0): Asphyxious, Bifauxnen, Asphyxious, Bifauxnen
t a s t e (0): DGK2000, DGK2000
b-minus1 (0): Scientastic, Bifauxnen, Scientastic, Rarity, DGK2000, Bifauxnen, Rarity, DGK2000

Not Voting (1): tpink

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 21st, 2020 at 10 a.m. AEST -- that's in about 11 hours, 55 minutes.

Wish I'd posted it before bed last night.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Asphyxious posted:

God this is a bad attitude toward playing mafia in the forums.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So the hammer is in about 12 hours which I will most likely be out of action for.

There has been a lot of poo poo posting (including 100% of my content) and jockeying for position over the course of this Day 1. I personally believe scum hunting on Day 1 shitposts is basically just an application of meta, which while viable data on a personal level, doesn't mean poo poo to me because I barely know you people.

Example:

Bifauxnen posted:

That's great but IDK if Bif is telling the truth as a long time mafia player who drew town this game. Or if Bif is pulling bullshit out of her rear end to try and throw suspicion on some poor sap.

I prefer to get a lynch and some night actions in to let me play with more cards in my hand before I begin to put more effort in.

Probability says that the bandwagoning on sandnavyguy (as of this post) will result in an unfortunate town flip so I am torn between joining in to feel security with my vote going towards getting me some info. Or to stick with my vote which is currently on Bif (I say now out that it's for 0 actual reasons and I just picked a target to have a go at but, I will leave it up to you peeps individually to determine if I am lying here or not).

I'm gonna hold off on deciding if I wanna flip targets till I go to bed.

Now I am sure people will be saying "But Asslocked you haven't posted any reads on people." And that is 100% correct. I haven't posted reads. As stated above I dislike and also don't have the meta knowledge required to pull magical theories, the only thing I have is a lot of people arguing using meta and jokes which is hard to read with out the meta data. Do you see the recursive loop? Yeah.

I promise I will do reads in the future, assuming I don't go out like a a coward day 1. So until I decide to flip or not flip I guess I will see you nice goons in Day 2, or maybe in Night 1 if someone decides to knock on my door and pay a visit.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Rarity posted:

Don't really think your vote will go anywhere with this attitude, champ

Not the point.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Amnistar posted:

God this is a bad attitude toward playing mafia in the forums.

Why don’t you try making a case against me, if you have a shred of courage.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asphyxious posted:

Not the point.

Huh, didn't realise we were here to not catch scum

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Asphyxious posted:

Why don’t you try making a case against me, if you have a shred of courage.

Why? I'm calling you out for having a bad attitude, not for being scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wait I take it back Gridlocked's post is worse

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Rarity posted:

Wait I take it back Gridlocked's post is worse

I'm in agreement here.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Gridlocked posted:

So the hammer is in about 12 hours which I will most likely be out of action for.

There has been a lot of poo poo posting (including 100% of my content) and jockeying for position over the course of this Day 1. I personally believe scum hunting on Day 1 shitposts is basically just an application of meta, which while viable data on a personal level, doesn't mean poo poo to me because I barely know you people.

Example:

That's great but IDK if Bif is telling the truth as a long time mafia player who drew town this game. Or if Bif is pulling bullshit out of her rear end to try and throw suspicion on some poor sap.

I prefer to get a lynch and some night actions in to let me play with more cards in my hand before I begin to put more effort in.

Probability says that the bandwagoning on sandnavyguy (as of this post) will result in an unfortunate town flip so I am torn between joining in to feel security with my vote going towards getting me some info. Or to stick with my vote which is currently on Bif (I say now out that it's for 0 actual reasons and I just picked a target to have a go at but, I will leave it up to you peeps individually to determine if I am lying here or not).

I'm gonna hold off on deciding if I wanna flip targets till I go to bed.

Now I am sure people will be saying "But Asslocked you haven't posted any reads on people." And that is 100% correct. I haven't posted reads. As stated above I dislike and also don't have the meta knowledge required to pull magical theories, the only thing I have is a lot of people arguing using meta and jokes which is hard to read with out the meta data. Do you see the recursive loop? Yeah.

I promise I will do reads in the future, assuming I don't go out like a a coward day 1. So until I decide to flip or not flip I guess I will see you nice goons in Day 2, or maybe in Night 1 if someone decides to knock on my door and pay a visit.

Day 1's cuddle is not about finding scum in the flip. It's about getting people to make reads and take a position with a flip. Whoever dies is unlikely to be scum, but you have people making choice to support or not support the cuddle and can analyze that to find scum. Not putting a position down day 1 is bad play and wastes a valuable resource that town has.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Amnistar posted:

Why? I'm calling you out for having a bad attitude, not for being scum.

Thought so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Amnistar posted:

Day 1's cuddle is not about finding scum in the flip. It's about getting people to make reads and take a position with a flip. Whoever dies is unlikely to be scum, but you have people making choice to support or not support the cuddle and can analyze that to find scum. Not putting a position down day 1 is bad play and wastes a valuable resource that town has.

just lol if you haven’t found scum on d1