Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

tpink posted:

lol

## vote Gridlocked

Scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

tpink posted:

lol

## vote Gridlocked

IT'S HAPPENING

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Toalpaz posted:

We have a slam dunk case on DGK and you want to vote Gridlock?

can you elaborate on this case for me, please?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

We have a slam dunk case on DGK and you want to vote Gridlock?

For day 1, picking someone who isn't a front runner, and then voting them on a gut feel near end of day is almost a sure fire way to catch scum. I don't thin momentum builds up gradually on scum over the course of a day, at least not usually.

You and I have very different definitions of slam dunk

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

there are a number of people who don't fully understand the case on DGK and it seems like calls to explain it are going unheard, unless my eyes have glazed over one?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m p sure the joke is there is no case on DGK

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

6 hours before deadline is a bad time to be pushing jokes; I realize that it's D1 but we could have at least a shred of a case on someone by now, even if it's lovely?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Epsilon Plus posted:

6 hours before deadline is a bad time to be pushing jokes; I realize that it's D1 but we could have at least a shred of a case on someone by now, even if it's lovely?

THERE IS A CASE ON GRIDLOCKED AND IT IS A GOOD CASE

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

rarity I'm referring to DGK

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Rarity posted:

THERE IS A CASE ON GRIDLOCKED AND IT IS A GOOD CASE

Nah

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Are you making a case against the people pushing for DGK here?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Epsilon Plus posted:

rarity I'm referring to DGK

I'm saying that if you want a good case then there is one on Gridlocked and it's a better one than the ones on sandy and DGK

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Rarity posted:

I'm saying that if you want a good case then there is one on Gridlocked and it's a better one than the ones on sandy and DGK

yeah that's not helping me understand why people are voting DGK

Amnistar posted:

Are you making a case against the people pushing for DGK here?

yes, aww five peopwe voting DGK awe scum, that's exactwy what I'm saying hewe

ow, and this may be a wittwe advanced fow you, I want to undewstand why peopwe awe voting DGK

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Epsilon Plus posted:

yes, aww five peopwe voting DGK awe scum, that's exactwy what I'm saying hewe

ow, and this may be a wittwe advanced fow you, I want to undewstand why peopwe awe voting DGK

:rolleyes:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

Lol dgk and bif scumbuddies comfirmed

##vote dgk

Asphyxious posted:

It’s DGK

##vote DGK

Mr. Humalong posted:

Back to gamechat: I didn't like that initial SNG post but since then he's drifted closer to a town read for me, plus there's a couple people on the vote for him that have me going "mmmmmmm nah mate" that I don't want to have him be the vote for today.

##vote DGK I like DGK for scum of the 4 people with 2 votes. Day 1, no super strong reads, yada yada

Toalpaz posted:

lol

Hum. I trust you and clearly town don't care about my wonderful Sci argument. ##vote DGK

To be clear, I am not calling sci out for thinking amni and sng are scum. I'm calling him out because his arguments don't track as someone who was very suspicious of amnistar and then suddenly voting with amnistar in the same day. It reeks of scum mind because scum forget what it is like to be suspicious of someone, with that kind of read he should have assumed amnistar was making an easy case on town. Instead he votes with amni, with very little explanation. Because he's scum and his read of amni was faked.

For further reading please see this helpful mafia wiki article.

I'm not voting sci because he said disingenuous rarity, I'm voting based on my case. I just hate it when people attack a poster's mindset because it's lovely and he did a lot of that as scum last game too.

Gridlocked posted:

Its 2:30am cause I'm a dickhead and got distracted watching YouTube and didn't notice the time so I am super ultra going to bed after this post.

Thank you for your above post Bif. You are of course right that meta doesn't have to be the only thing commented on during D1. I concede I am being a bit overwhelmed by the multitude of meta plays that go straight over my head, and as such I am being very lazy about taking approaches other than showing contempt for the thing I don't get.

That being said the last post in the thread as I write this is the below snipped post from Toalpaz which is actually similar to a tactic I've used in a few Werewolf games with friends:

So yes I could have been less of a deadshit.

However it is still like 2:30am and I really need to sleep so I will at least tie the vote as it stands between DGK and sandnavyguy (currently 4 for DGK and 5 for sandnavyguy before this post goes up) and let the rest of the people who do the non-Aus/pre-work posts to drop the hammer. Sorry I will put a bit more effort into D1's in future games and whinge less about the meta.

##vote DGK2000

here are the five votes on DGK, the only ones even attempting to justify it are Hum and Toal and neither are particularly good, Hum at least bothers to throw a D1 caveat in there and so his is the least lovely vote IMO but nobody has really explained an actual case on DGK, even if it's thin

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t think SNG disappearing once other people got attention is in ANY way proof of his towniness. If you’ve come to that conclusion I think you need to reassess.

I didn’t disappear I went to sleep. And to say I’m lurking when I’ve been posting consistently is ridiculous.

Though I can’t win for trying apparently, if I post I’m screwed if I don’t I’m screwed yall will case me either way so I’m taking Hum’s mafia caddying to heart and just post my scum read.

I think both DGK and Gridlock are scum.

DGK sure cases have been thin, but their posting pattern has been lurking and then white noise, and the vote on me is opportunistic. They had nothing to add to the discussion but jumped onboard the vote leader for easy town clout.

Gridlock’s recent posts are the most blatant scum posts I’ve ever seen, and

Gridlocked posted:

I see DGK posted above me.

Sorry if you're town bud but rest assured I will go after your murders, minus myself for as long as possible, to avenge your death when you inevitably flip town.

Is so anti-town the fact a flood of votes haven’t come his way is making me wonder if everyone’s decided to just take crazy pills this morning.

##vote gridlock

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Gridlocked posted:

I see DGK posted above me.

Sorry if you're town bud but rest assured I will go after your murders, minus myself for as long as possible, to avenge your death when you inevitably flip town.

Hmmm I don’t like this post. Feels like a slip You’re apologizing to someone before seeing their flip as if you already know their ligament

My dgk vote was from yesterday. I don’t have a case other than it looked like dgk and bif were scum together. I’m fine with any of those three tbH

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

sandnavyguy posted:

I didn’t disappear I went to sleep. And to say I’m lurking when I’ve been posting consistently is ridiculous.

Though I can’t win for trying apparently, if I post I’m screwed if I don’t I’m screwed yall will case me either way so I’m taking Hum’s mafia caddying to heart and just post my scum read.

I think both DGK and Gridlock are scum.

DGK sure cases have been thin, but their posting pattern has been lurking and then white noise, and the vote on me is opportunistic. They had nothing to add to the discussion but jumped onboard the vote leader for easy town clout.

Gridlock’s recent posts are the most blatant scum posts I’ve ever seen, and

Is so anti-town the fact a flood of votes haven’t come his way is making me wonder if everyone’s decided to just take crazy pills this morning.

##vote gridlock

This post makes no sense to me. If you think they’re both scum, why are you voting for the one who has the fewest votes, as opposed to voting for DGK and making him vote leader?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I feel like SNG’s vote for gridlocked is really self aware and he doesn’t want to look like he’s pushing DGK simply because he’s tied for votes with him

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

SNG doesn’t really think both are scum in that post

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I would also vote for Gridlocked if push came to shove, but SNG is posting really scummy poo poo

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

And we should all vote for him

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Scientastic posted:

I feel like SNG’s vote for gridlocked is really self aware and he doesn’t want to look like he’s pushing DGK simply because he’s tied for votes with him

this scans, ##vote Amnistar

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

whoops! just got in the habit of doing that, ##vote SNG

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Epsilon Plus posted:

this scans, ##vote Amnistar

I love you this game EP.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Scientastic posted:

I literally have given a bunch of opinions and he wants to call them white noise after his faux breakdown about himself getting lunched.

He can't vote for me because his other scum mates already are and he wants to differentiate himself. Calling the whole team now as Gaspy, Gridlocked, SNG and Toalpaz.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Scientastic posted:

This post makes no sense to me. If you think they’re both scum, why are you voting for the one who has the fewest votes, as opposed to voting for DGK and making him vote leader?

I mean, I want them both taken down. But by voting for DGK I’m letting the more obvious scum live longer. Which I don’t want to do. And it’s better to hit the obvious scum first so we don’t risk a mislunch. Why does that not make sense? It’s not like I can vote for both on the same day.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Scientastic posted:

Yes I do, but I love the speculation posted as fact. Sorry I’m picking on your scum bro but maybe help them out in scumchat?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

Yes I do, but I love the speculation posted as fact. Sorry I’m picking on your scum bro but maybe help them out in scumchat?

Cause the posting really make you guys look bad

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

DGK2000 posted:

I literally have given a bunch of opinions and he wants to call them white noise after his faux breakdown about himself getting lunched.

He can't vote for me because his other scum mates already are and he wants to differentiate himself. Calling the whole team now as Gaspy, Gridlocked, SNG and Toalpaz.

MY WHOLE TEAM IS VOTING YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Toalpaz posted:

See Amnistar, THIS is a gloat post.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

I mean, I want them both taken down. But by voting for DGK I’m letting the more obvious scum live longer. Which I don’t want to do. And it’s better to hit the obvious scum first so we don’t risk a mislunch. Why does that not make sense? It’s not like I can vote for both on the same day.

Vote for me you coward

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

DGK2000 posted:

Vote for me you coward

I mean sure, but I do t get why you’d want me to? What am I missing?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

DGK2000 posted:

See Amnistar, THIS is a gloat post.

Fair.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

I mean sure, but I do t get why you’d want me to? What am I missing?

I do not think you honestly think I am scum.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’m going to ##unvote getting strong town pings from dgk now

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

DGK2000 posted:

I do not think you honestly think I am scum.

Fine. Fine! I’ll explain it to you.

I said upfront I look for performative posts, and lurkers, because scum is inclined to make gambits In Order to establish town cred, or keep down low so they stay out of the lime light. You’ve done both. To start with, not counting jokephase because that’s white noise, you bravely kept that head down and uh... did nothing.

The next time you make a grand entrance, it’s several posts in a row to inflate your post count, followed by an opportunistic jump onto the bandwagon pushing me as vote leader because I posted wrong, then didn’t post enough, then posted too much. You make a big effort post, where you copy Amnis argument (though I still think it’s flawed) and parrot it with no actual additions to the discussion. Then you chill.

That is scummy.

I think you are scum.

I also thing Gridlock is scummy.

I think they are scum.

I can only vote for one, and there’s a high risk I may be mislunched today, so I want my opinion clear so when I flip town people go “oh, maybe we actually should look closer at gridlock” rather than just you, as I’m sure once you flip it will be scum, and I trust town enough to go after you.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sandnavyguy posted:

The next time you make a grand entrance, it’s several posts in a row to inflate your post count

I do those big multipost catchups too and it's cause I think it's more open for people to see my thoughts and reactions to things rather than just one big reaction. It also helps me make sure I don't forget about anything when I get to the end. I don't think it's scummy in itself.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I do think it's a bit weird you didn't vote for the vote leader though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Rarity posted:

I do those big multipost catchups too and it's cause I think it's more open for people to see my thoughts and reactions to things rather than just one big reaction. It also helps me make sure I don't forget about anything when I get to the end. I don't think it's scummy in itself.

Literally what I do when I come to the thread and there are 135 posts. I am not the only player who does them, I make alignment calls during them. People got pretty sick of massive walls of text so breaking them into individual posts seemed better. He has repeatedly misrepresented them now. I also don't really give a poo poo about my postcount on loving day one either.