Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
i legitimately can't tell if that's a joke or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

day traders frequently fail a poe’s law check, some are smart but so many are just so dumb that you wonder how they managed to even sign up for an E*TRADE account

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You need a crypto-cat to protect your bitcoins from SCC mice.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Boxturret posted:

i legitimately can't tell if that's a joke or not

I legitimately can't tell if that's intended to be pro or con

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i did actually find a scientology coin but it appears that nobody (not even whoever made it) has actually used it or owns any

https://etherscan.io/token/0x7ea91d8f53675717542b696a6afdab22cdb03daf

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

there's also an unrelated science coin that actually has a website that was online for, as far as I can tell, one single day back in February:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200210224500/http://www.sciencechain.store/

it's in chinese so everything's fun and auto-translated

quote:

Technology Mall
The world's first shopping planet dual-certificate mall.

Magie box game
Decentralized game ecological magic box.

despite barely even existing beyond an obvious pump and dump like six months ago, the price is still going up uP UP

https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/science_chain

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Shame Boy posted:

i did actually find a scientology coin but it appears that nobody (not even whoever made it) has actually used it or owns any

https://etherscan.io/token/0x7ea91d8f53675717542b696a6afdab22cdb03daf

(x files theme plays)

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

The U.S. postal service is trying to con their way into some confidence in mail-in-voting using a blockchain that does literally nothing: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbrett/2020/08/13/us-post-counters-trump-attacks-on-mail-in-voting-with-a-new-blockchain-patent/

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

The U.S. postal service is trying to con their way into some confidence in mail-in-voting using a blockchain that does literally nothing: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbrett/2020/08/13/us-post-counters-trump-attacks-on-mail-in-voting-with-a-new-blockchain-patent/

"Blockchain identity services are already being widely developed" lmao

weird how it's never 'widely deployed" or "widely in use" :iiam:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

im the internet of postal things

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Shame Boy posted:

"Blockchain identity services are already being widely developed" lmao

weird how it's never 'widely deployed" or "widely in use" :iiam:

bitcoin's been around for 11 years certainly they must be making something...right?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
they're making history

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
one of my fav YouTube channels (Ali Clarkson, an insanely good trials rider and one of Danny Macaskill's mates) is suddenly showing a 'livestream' of a Ripple interview supposedly happening on Bloomberg...his channel has been hacked and this is just a big scam, right?!

lol it includes stuff about paying them x amount of cash and getting 2x + y% bonus back...totally legit

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

toiletbrush posted:

one of my fav YouTube channels (Ali Clarkson, an insanely good trials rider and one of Danny Macaskill's mates) is suddenly showing a 'livestream' of a Ripple interview supposedly happening on Bloomberg...his channel has been hacked and this is just a big scam, right?!

yes, this happens from time to time.

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
nice, deffo adds an air of credibility to the whole crypto scene

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

toiletbrush posted:

nice, deffo adds an air of credibility to the whole crypto scene

you joke, but honestly it's arguably raising the average

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

look the scammers make people buy bitcoin then these people are now exposed to the wonderful world of bitcoin and all of it's many amazing products and services. through the pain of getting scammed they will be reborn, the antiquated F.I.A.T. financial system will look like a crude joke compared to the majesty of the blockchain

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

your wallet cannot be saved, it must be emptied and rebuilt anew on the glorious chain of blocks.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Boxturret posted:

look the scammers make people buy bitcoin then these people are now exposed to the wonderful world of bitcoin and all of it's many amazing products and services. through the pain of getting scammed they will be reborn, the antiquated F.I.A.T. financial system will look like a crude joke compared to the majesty of the blockchain

Paying off scammers has never been so easy!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

toiletbrush posted:

lol it includes stuff about paying them x amount of cash and getting 2x + y% bonus back...totally legit

the best part is people keep falling for it, over and over. like it's the exact same scam in the exact same format each time because it keeps working.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
I have never understood how anyone could fall for the doubler scam. why, exactly, do these people think they’re sending the scammer money pogs? what legitimate opportunity works that way?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Soricidus posted:

I have never understood how anyone could fall for the doubler scam. why, exactly, do these people think they’re sending the scammer money pogs? what legitimate opportunity works that way?

cause millionair spaceman elomusk wants to give back to YOU the fans

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i think part of it is that the half of their brain that's going "this is super sketchy" is drowned out by the significantly louder half of their brain going "but what if it's legit, if i don't act fast i'm gonna miss out on free money freEE MONEY FREE MONEY!!!!"

the other part is that they're real dumb but think they're far too smart to fall for these sorts of things cuz they can figure out internet computer money or whatever, which is the perfect kind of mark. prolly think they're being clever and starting with a small amount just to see if it works, too.

the other other part is that elon musk stans in particular are already predisposed to elon pitching them fabricated bullshit ideas that they then have to rationalize, so their brains have already been softened up a bunch

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Discuss.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i took one look at "anthem film festival" and went "oh boy i bet i know where you got that name from!"

quote:

Anthem, The Libertarian Film Festival, is dedicated to finding and presenting the year's best films about personal and civil liberty. We seek films and documentaries about self-reliance, innovation, commerce, individual rights, and the power of persuasion over force.

yyyep

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

lmao these guys are great

quote:

Libertarian heroes follow their own paths. They do not conform to the expectations of others. When something goes wrong, they fix it themselves. When something goes right, they give credit where it is due. We want to see protagonists acting in their own self interest, doing all that they can for themselves without government intrusion, regulation, or support. When people watch out for themselves, they create a better world for everyone.

we give credit where it's due, unless it's due to the government

quote:

Filmmakers often screen to standing-room-only audiences at Anthem, because Anthem is part of FreedomFest, “the world’s largest gathering of free minds.” With over 2,500 attendees and 150 speakers on topics including politics, economics, history, science, health, art, and literature, FreedomFest provides a ready audience of eager viewers for Anthem’s filmmakers.

freedom festering 2020 was not cancelled due to covid, but they did mandate mask-wearing which sounds like a violation of the NAP to me

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

Be part of the mock trial, Pitch Tank, Student Debate Showcase, and more!
Explore the latest insights in politics, economics, business, investing, education, social issues, healthcare and other vital issues
Enjoy world-class dining and entertainment in one of the most exciting cities in the US, Las Vegas!
Social distancing and hygiene protocols will be in effect!

come be judged harshly by white 20-somethings as part of our libertarian mock trial! social distancing will be in effect!!

i sincerely hope nick gillespie was peeved that he got lower billing than the dude from the bible thumpin' heritage foundation

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Shame Boy posted:

come be judged harshly by white 20-somethings as part of our libertarian mock trial! social distancing will be in effect!!

i sincerely hope nick gillespie was peeved that he got lower billing than the dude from the bible thumpin' heritage foundation

Which one of these got bought as a redtext avatar for someone in d&d back in 2014

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i like the weird mirrored money

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

picture is accurate. buying bitcoin is like setting fire to your money.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

how does the heritage foundation get billing at a libertarian event, they've probably done more to curtail individual liberties in the us than any other single organization

I know the answer is "evil and white supremacy" but still

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

qirex posted:

how does the heritage foundation get billing at a libertarian event, they've probably done more to curtail individual liberties in the us than any other single organization

I know the answer is "evil and white supremacy" but still

because no war but the class war, except it's the upper class saying it

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

maybe, and hear me out, libertarianism in america is a lie by intellectually vacuous people drawn from the dominant socioeconomic class seeking to preserve their privileges

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Boxturret posted:

i like the weird mirrored money

the movie poster wasn't the right aspect ratio, so they mirrored it up until the point that the bitcoin imagery got in the way, but that still wasn't the right aspect ratio, so they mirrored it again

what did you want them to do, pay someone to do a professional job?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

wanted: graphics designer for libertarian master of your destiny is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow project, no pay, for exposure

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

the 1000 yen boomerang note is highly sought by collectors and is worth easily 10x the face value

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I hope as many libertarians as possible continue to spend their money on bitscoin because I think it's funny when they lose it

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

EorayMel posted:

Which one of these got bought as a redtext avatar for someone in d&d back in 2014

i think both steve “flat tax” forbes and george “supply side” gilder have featured in red-text avs

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

EorayMel posted:

Read that as "teeth gold" and was reminded of Satoshi's teeth once more
can't stop the teether!

the teether's louise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007